Ch.4 : The Ernest family (2)
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Draven looked at the document in his hand with a light smile before he looked away at another document, he had just received from Axel Fox who is his aide.

The document reports that his wife, Lear Cabares, disappeared from the villa where he ordered her to be there. He is pending his submission to the Central Civil Court of Arbane that she was not able to look after all the Cabares family's assets. So, he who is her legal husband will be the custodian of all property instead.

But he did not expect that she would disappear without a trace like this. If she's gone forever, it's good for him. Because he would use this point to submit documents to Lear as a missing person instead. Then he would register to marry Phenia, the woman he loved, even if he must wait a full year.

‘It seems that he must do it quickly.’

Draven smiled and thought of Phenia's face with a passionate expression. Every time he thinks of her, he would feel as if he was intoxicated by something. It caused his desire for to her was crazy increased.

He had never imagined that he could love and fall in love with her so much. And she was the only one who can make him feel this way.

Suddenly, he felt a severe headache and almost fell. If he didn't support himself by putting his hand on the desk, his head would hit the ground certainly.

“Oh- again?”

Draven muttered, after that he tried to open the drawer and rummage to find something. When he found it, he took it out. It was a small pill bottle. He quickly opened it and poured a few pills into his hand. Then he immediately took them.

He slowly walked to the sofa not far from his desk and immediately laid down. After a while, he fell asleep.

Shortly after Draven fell asleep, the door of the office room was slightly ajar. It revealed Phenia's light blue eyes that looked at Draven with an anxious look before she slowly closed it back on.

----------

At the Eihenstein Manor at the same time—

Lear collapsed on the bed exhausted. Today was another day that she used a lot of her brain because she can't be relaxed in this situation. If Draven has successfully submitted the documents to become Cabares asset manager, it will be many times more difficult than before.

So, to avoid all those hassles, she needed to deal with these matters as quickly as possible. But even then, being too rushed is not good. She had to plan everything carefully, not to let a loophole that would allow the enemy to attack her.

“Sigh— why is living so hard?"

Lear stared at the ceiling of her bed, thinking back to when she went to edit the plot of the millions of novels she had read. Which each story she went in to change something in it. She had to face many deaths, injuries, and pains like this.

Even so, every time she finishes reading the novel, she often ends up waking up in a dark room and the strange door appeared, like this time. The way to return to the original world was to clear all the clues that she suspected of them when reading the novel. The doorway of her return to her former world will reappear.

This time too, if she can get justice back to Lear Cabares, who has a name like her, then it's done. And she could return to the former world.

“Sigh— the more I think about it, the more I feel like I don't want this to happen again… I hope this is the last story. It is very tiring."

Lear hurriedly bounced up and clenched her fists, telling herself in a determined tone.

“If I go back— I'm going to stop reading novels!!”

'But whether it can be done or not is another matter.

She thought to herself before laying down again. After that turning to lie on the side. Suddenly, she glanced at an old book cover she had found in the library before dinner.

“Um— can't sleep at all. Let's read a book instead."

Then she got up and picked up the book and read it until several hours had passed. Her eyelids began to protest and slow closed, and the open book was put on her chest. Along with Lear's steady breathing, it signaled that she was already in a deep sleep.

----------

At the same time, at a church in a small village in the suburbs—

Even though it was already late at night Pastor Stefan still sits with his eyes closed and meditates in the chapel. This chapel has a golden Buddha statue unlike any other temple in Arbane because most of Arbane's population worships the goddess Aden.

Pastor Stefan slowly opened his eyes and looked at the Buddha statue with a calm and gentle expression. Before he spoke softly in the Pali language but reverberated throughout the chapel.

Sabbe satta kammassaka kammayuda kammayoni kammaphandhu kamma patisarana…”

He paused for a moment and continued.

“All beings have their karma; karma is caused by the action. Karma is the birthplace determinant. Everyone has karma as a follower, having karma as a destiny..."

Pastor Stefan looked out of the chapel window. He stared at the big round moon that shone brightly in the sky with a face that was hard to read.

“Wherever you are in this world or another whatever the world, karma will always follow everywhere. No matter what life, karma will always follow and be inherited as heirs.”

At this point, the pastor sighed again.

“No one can escape from their karma.”

After sitting for a while, Pastor Stefan turned to pay his respects to the Buddha statue before walking out of the temple. As he was closing the door of the chapel, he stared at the Buddha statue again for a moment before muttering his last sentence.

Yang kammang karissanti, Kalyanang wa papakang va, Tassa Heida Bhavissanti…. What deeds will you do? Is it merit or sin? must be the one who will continue to receive the results of that deed.”

Then the door of the temple slowly closed.

 

 

 

To be continued....

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for missing two days. I have some urgent business to do. And then there's a lot of other work to do. However, I love writing fiction so I try to find time to update my novels every day. If any readers would like to support, they can support via the following me and donation. Thank you for your support.

0