Ch.6: The second unexpected departure (1)
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lear sat tensed, contemplating a way to stop Draven from successfully submitting a petition. If she had gone to Zeros today, it would have been too late, and she didn't have any definitive documentation to refute his petition. But if it continues like this, then he will be able to submit the petition successfully and become a legal Cabares properties manager.

'Damn!! That bastard!!'

The distance between Dinero and the capital city, Zeros, was quite a distance. To travel to Zeros by horse-drawn carriage, would take half a day to travel. Lear tries to think about the plot of the novel she reads and what information it contains that could help her in times of crisis like this time.

“Uncle, can I ask you something?”

Lear suddenly turned to Lord Camerian with a serious expression on her face. It made Lord Cameron's brows furrow in question.

“What are you going to ask?”

“I would like to know how long the court approval process takes. And before approving one request from the court, what do they do?”

Upon hearing Lear's question, Camerian smiled, understanding what Lear wanted to convey.

“Um— normally the process of filing an application is not an easy one, there is a process. If Draven submits a request tomorrow, the court must take time to examine the evidence submitted by the applicant before…”

As soon as Lear heard this, she felt that there was still a chance to find a way that can solve the solution. This caused her stress levels to drop gradually.

It's good to keep in mind that in solving every problem that comes up, the only thing that will always help is consciousness. When there is consciousness, what follows is wisdom. And it is wisdom that will be finding the real solution to the problem. This is the teaching that the Buddha had said a long time ago.

“In deciding whether to approve the petition or not, the President of the Central Council must first review the petition and request a referendum from the small court jury. If the resolution is unanimous, the petition will be effectively approved from the date the President of the Central Council seals the petition.

But if any jury has some credible evidence to oppose the petition. The president of the Central Council must immediately submit the case to the judge to open the court of inquiry even though the resolution was unanimous. This is to be fair to both parties.”

Lear immediately smiled. Because she would expect to invalidate Draven's claim and reclaim all Cabares's possessions.

“Wait, uncle. Did uncle just say...the jury?”

“Yes, the jury- There are two sets of juries in court: a small jury consisting of five Arbane-certified legal advisers, and an elite jury consisting of high-ranking nobles. From the baron up to the duke, a total of 24 people, each representing the family, attended the hearing and would consider and vote in the court under the control of the judge....”

Camerian also explained that the court system in Arbane was a single court system. To give the Court of Justice the power to decide all types of disputes, including civil cases, criminal cases, administrative cases, or other types. There will be 4 courts responsible for judging a case, there were the Civil Court, the Criminal Court, the Administrative Court, and the Knight Court. Each of which there will be a president of Courts who will accept the petition for consideration with the small jury.

Even though Lear had already read the novel. But these details are not clearly explained in the novel. Because the novel would focus on the story of love as the main cause she to not know these details at all.

Even so, it was fortunate that she had the Eihenstein family's help. Otherwise, she would have resorted to reckless methods such as breaking into the Cabares mansion and foolhardy beating Draven. When she first heard the news about Draven from her uncle, she almost packed her bags and prepared to go to Zeros now. It's good that she asks her uncle first.

“Um— Uncle, do you know how many days it takes for the review process to approve?”

End of Lear's question Camerian glanced at his wife, Rana, before speaking.

“That thing— you shall ask your aunt better.”

“Auntie?"

Lear raised her eyebrows in suspicion. He turned to Rana who was sipping tea with a calm expression. Then she was putting down the teacup with a graceful expression and turning to Lear with a mischievous smile.

“Because I am the favorite daughter of the President of the Arbane Central Civil Court!”

Rana's words caused Lear's amethyst purple eyes to widen in shock. With a shocked expression that made Rana laugh softly, Camerian unconsciously made a proud expression on his wife. Lucas only gave a faint smile with his warming personality.

Lear had already begun to get conscious to some extent. Her face instantly grew into a wide smile before screaming in her heart with happiness. It made her feel a whole lot more confident.

'Oh— I just found out that Lear Cabares has an excellent helper!!'

 

 

 

 

To be continued...

0