Ch.6: The second unexpected departure (2)
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning—

After yesterday's talks with Rana about the details of the process of the Central Civil Court. She was already feeling relieved because before the request is approved, it takes about 3 - 5 days at least depending on the evidence attached. So, she decided to go to Zeros today.

Zeros is the capital of Arbane which is a large city that is the main location of the Cabares business group. Also, the Cabares family mansion was located here. Even if it's a bit too fast but Lear had already made up her mind that she might have to face Draven and Phenia. On the other hand, she was excited more than expected. She did not know that it was the feelings of the old Lear that remained, or is it her feeling that she will meet the protagonists in the novel?

Lear stood looking at Mia carrying her luggage with a cheerful smile on her face. Unlike last night when she knew that Lear will be leaving here, she cried to death and begged Lear that she wanted to follow along. When her aunt offered to take Mia with her as her personal maid. Mia suddenly stopped crying and her eyes fluttered open to beseech with her. After Lear saw it, she felt sympathetic and therefore had to take Mia to Zeros as well.

At first, she intended that after obtaining a health certificate from a doctor and finding skilled legal counseling, she will go to Zeros alone to handle everything. But after four days at the Eihenstein Manor, it made her realize something. That is, if you want to do a great something, you need a great helper. And her great helper now was the Eihenstein family.

In addition to Mia, she also had two people to along with her on the journey. The first was Dr. Lucas Argenta, as he was the key to issuing her health certificate. He had to go with her because he would be holding this document to his professor who attended the meeting that Zeros for stamped it. This would be faster than waiting for the professor to come back to Dinero and stamp it.

Instead of waiting for the swamp to come, wouldn't it be better to walk into the swamp by yourself? This is what Lear thought—

The other person who will be along with her, Lear never thought that person would go with her. That was Lady Rana Eihenstein, her aunt-in-law. Because her aunt was the daughter of Earl Kyrell Elberos, the president of the Central Civil Court of Arbane which is considered the most important helper of Lear.

In addition, the residence they were going to live in was the Elberos Mansion. Many of her plans were starting to turn out to be smoother than expected. There is only one problem, that is...

“Rana- are you really going...didn't you miss me? If you go, who will I be with? And if you are sick, who will take care of you if not me...Rana?”

Now everything is going well. However, there is one big obstacle that stands in our way right now. Lear's solemn uncle, Camerian, stood hugging his wife Rana with words and gestures that didn't seem like the commander of the right-wing knights of the emperor.

Who would have thought that the middle-aged man stared at her as fiercely as a lion the first day they met it will become a giant kitten that is pleading with its owner like this!!

Where has all the dignity of the knight nation gone? Lear thought.

But it seemed that everyone in the Eihenstein Manor was very familiar with that behavior. Because they didn't seem surprised at all. On the other hand, they still acted like they were preparing for something. Rana just glanced and sent a signal, the butlers as well as the knight guards immediately rushed in and locked Camerian's arms acting like he is a prisoner.

This was never mentioned in the novel.

Lear supported the chin and looked at the events in front of her on the carriage in a relaxed manner. Which was considered a recreation before she would face the stressful event at Zeros.

“If you feel bad, just tell me because I have a medicine that will cure the carriage motion sickness.”

Suddenly, Lucas, who was sitting across from Lear, spoke and tightened a box-shaped bag marked with a red vertical cross which she guessed was his first-aid bag for sure.

“Thank you very much, Dr. Lucas. Besides, you can just call me Lear.”

As soon as Lear finished speaking and smiled at him, she noticed that Lucas's ears were slowly turning red. Plus, his expressions didn't look normal as well. His face was red, and when his eyes met her, he immediately averted his gaze, she was a little happy to see his expression. In addition, the handsome face of these warm styles made Leia's heart feel unbelievably joyful.

'My godfather'

Suddenly, the carriage door opened. Rana had a bored expression on her face as she sat up next to her.

“Sigh— because Camel alone wasted the time.”

When the carriage door closes, Leia's aunt immediately began to complain about her husband. Lear turned to look at the manor once more and saw her uncle Camerian who was caught by the Eihenstein guard knight trying to run after the carriage with a loud shout of her aunt's name.

“It seems that uncle loves auntie very much.”

Lear said. This caused Rana who was sitting on the side to sit still and stiff. Suddenly, the atmosphere in the carriage began to change. So, Lear realized that there was something strange when she turned to look at Rana who was sitting next to her, and she was faced with another surprise. Her aunt's white face was flushed red with a shy expression like a young girl!

“Oh— Lear…What do you say? I'm embarrassed.… Uh— Look, aunt's face is all red, see? By the way, what if I was not there with Camel will he eat on time? Ah— and if he stays up late and gets sick, what should I do...., ow— talking about it makes me miss and worry him a lot already, Camel!!”

Lear watched her aunt raving about her husband with an indescribable feeling.

Ah— this is what we call a couple who always have the same precepts. Lear just understood well today.

 

 

 

To be continued...

 

 

 

 

From tomorrow on, I will update every other day. If you have any comments about my work, you can do it. I'd love to hear your feedback. I will use this feedback to improve my writing because this is my first writing job. I want to make it the best. Thank you all for reading.

0