Ch.7: The capital of Arbane (1)
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, at the Civil Court of the Arbane Central Council—

A large white chariot adorned with the Cabares family's crest came to a stop in front of the large white building. The façade is adorned with the emblem of a winged sword with balanced leaning scales, symbolizing the Arbane's Court of Justice. It implies that justice must be fair and honest arbitrament like the balance scales on both sides. The winged sword meant precision and decisiveness, justice from God without racial discrimination. That is the motto of Arbane's Court of Justice.

After the carriage had completely stopped. The coachman came down to open the door for his master who revealed a tall and slender young man dressed up in elegant clothes. The lustrous black hair was set up nicely and the non-gleaming amber eyes stared unwaveringly at the entrance to the courthouse making his personality look credible. Besides that, a handsome face that looked like a sculpture made him attractive to the many mature and unmarried women who passed by.

Unfortunately, this young man had already married. However, he intended to divorce soon but he already had the owner of his heart. This caused the women to retreat as Arbane's law only allowed a man to register one marriage at a time.

And of course, the man who now controls the Cabares family is Draven Cabares, or his original name was Draven Ernest! Today he came to the Arbane Central Civil Court to file a petition to be the custodian of all Cabares assets.

“Draft— Are you really going to submit? We haven't been able to find Miss. Lear yet. Why are you in such a hurry to submit a request like this?”

Next to Draven, another man with a completely different personality stood beside him. He was with a worried expression, unlike Draven who had no fear expression on his face. That man was a childhood friend and Draven's personal assistant, his name is Axel Fox.

“You don't need to doubt anything. Just do as I tell you.”

After that, Draven walked into the court immediately. Axel gazed with concern before following him in.

'It's not like you, Draft.'

Even thinking so, he couldn't tell what was on his mind. Axel had known Draven ten years before. He was one of those raised by Pastor Stefan.

When Draven decided to come to the capital, he persuades Axel as well. Axel, who had studied everything along with Draven, wanted to go out and explore new experiences, so he followed Draven. Until Draven married the daughter of Arbane's wealthiest entrepreneurs, the Cabares family. Then Draven became one of the executives in the affairs of Cabares. After that, he stepped into full care after the sudden death of his father-in-law. Draven offers Axel to work as his aide.

He had always known about Draven's revenge. He had forbidden Draven many times, but it seemed that this revenge of Draven was beyond forgiveness. So, Axel could only support Draven from a distance and warn him when he began to be consumed by the demons of vengeance. No matter how revengeful Draven is, one of his personalities is always someone who does things that require a careful plan.

However, after Draven met that innocent maid, Phenia Talcum. Axel could feel that Draven had changed. From being an open person and always having something to talk about and discuss with him about everything, now he turned into a quiet introvert but always stays with Phenia. Besides, Draven's mood fluctuated, and his eyes changed like a lifeless person, Axel didn't know exactly why.

After all, he felt a strange feeling about Phenia too. Even though she looked innocuous on the outside, gentle, neat, and sweet. But to Axel, she had a strange atmosphere that gave him goosebumps. Unlike, Miss Lear that who was not a neat person and sweet like Phenia but every word and deed of hers was filled with sincerity.

'Father, what should I do?'

Axel could only keep his worries to himself, couldn't tell anyone. One thing he could do is help Draven from a distance and protected him as much as Axel can.

 

 

 

To be continued...

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone, I'm here to update my new chapter. As said, I will update every other day. Because I have to take time to do other tasks as well. I am currently working to collect money for my bursary. Everyone can help support me by reading, following, pressing the heart, or donating. It's a great encouragement for me. Thank you all very much.

0