Ch.7: The capital of Arbane (2)
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lear grabbed Lucas's hand and got down from the carriage with a tired expression without concealing. Causing Lucas to secretly smile at her unconcealed expression. Even though Lear had ridden a horse carriage once, she was not used to bumping with the rhythm of some rough roads. It made her dizzy and her butt hurt.

Fortunately, the Eihenstein carriage was the ultimate luxury. The inside of the carriage was spacious, and the seats were well padded with duvets. This reduces the bumps to some extent. Otherwise, her butt would have been bruised certainly.

When she stretched herself until it gradually relieved tiredness, she turned her attention to the grandeur of the Elberos Mansion, Lear's aunt's father. And found that it was magnificent like the Eihenstein Mansion.

A large white marble mansion in contrast with the black bituminous tile roof. Plus, a marble fountain of the same color as the mansion is decorated with a golden statue of a Goddess on top. This caused Lear's eyes to glow because she had never seen it before.

Well, of course— in her former world she lived in a tiny two-story wooden house with not much usable space. Plus, once in this world, the house that old Lear last lived in before she took her place was small and shabby. As for the Eihenstein mansion where she had been for four days, she didn't have much time to appreciate it. Because she's so focused on finding a way to prevent Draven from seizing Lear's assets, that she's engulfed in her bedroom and library.

“Miss Lear is feeling better, right? If not, you can always tell me.”

Lucas' soft and bass voice made Lear, who was excited by the architecture in front of her, suddenly woke up. She turned to Lucas, who was looking at her through monocle with concern. Her heart suddenly pounded for no reason.

'Such like a true god'

“Miss Lear, what's the matter? Why is your face red? Or are you sick?”

Lucas noticed Lear's unusual symptoms. So, he rushed in to prepare for a preliminary diagnosis until Lear had to hurriedly raise her hand to stop his misunderstanding. She told him with her blushed face.

"It- It's okay, I'm just a little excited so my face is red."

She didn't know whether he would believe her excuses or not, but she only knew that she had to escape from this awkward situation quickly. Lucas halted before giving a puzzled look to her face. This caused Lear to have a chance to step away from him slightly and focus on the mansion in front of him instead.

'Hoo— it's relieved.'

All these situations were in Rana's eyes. She used a fan to cover her sly smile while staring curiously at Lucas and Lear's expressions.

'It's really interesting'

“Let's go inside first. As for the baggage, let the butler carry it to you. I had already sent a letter in advance. They seem to have finished preparing the room for us. Let's go get some rest for now. Then let's have dinner together. As for the next plan, we can talk about it later, okay?"

Rana spoke up and Lear agreed. Because she was so tired, now she wanted to lay down on a soft bed.

“Good idea! because I want to rest too. I've been riding in a horse-drawn carriage for a long time and I'm all tired.”

Rana turned to give orders to an elderly man dressed as a butler.

“Um— Then Pierre Chief Butler, would you mind escorting Dr. Lucas and Miss Lear to their room? I'll go greet my mother."

Lear turned to look at Mia who was standing behind her with a fresh expression completely devoid of exhaustion. That made her think in one person. Is Mia not tired?

“This is my first time, that have traveled this far. For the past sixteen years, I've been in Dinero. I've never traveled outside of the city. I am very glad now, miss.”

Mia's excited words made Lear understand why she looked so rejuvenated which is normal for a girl of this age. Even though in this world, being sixteen was considered an adult. But for a Lear who is so old that it cannot be numerically specified, she still thought that Mia was still a child.

----------

Lear collapsed onto the large four-poster bed, feeling indescribably exhausted. Before she closed her eyes to sleep, suddenly, the door in front of the room had a soft knock, and a familiar thump sounded through the door.

“Miss Lear, are you asleep yet... I have one thing that I want to give you.”

Hearing this, Lear immediately bounced up and shifted swooping towards the door. Then she opened the door, it revealed Lucas who was smiling in front of her with a beautiful glass bottle in his hand.

“Dr. Lucas, what's wrong?”

Lucas was stunned. A red streak appeared across his face and spoke out with a shy expression.

“That is— I see you are tired. So, I brought herbal aroma oils that help you relax. Just applying it to the area of pain will help you relieve it.”

Seeing Lucas's expression, Lear felt an unbelievably warm heart.

"Thank you very much I will use it well.”

She took it and smiled at him. This made the red-streaked face even redder. Lucas felt that he was embarrassed when seeing Lear's smile made him feel the abnormality of his heart. So he hurriedly bowed slightly and left immediately.

'How cute!'

Seeing this, Lear chuckled, closed the door, and sat down on the bed. She considered the glass bottle that she had just received from Lucas, then opened the cork and tried to smell it.

“Hmm— Smells so good... Let's try and see that the properties will be like he said or not.”

So, Lear slowly put a few drops of the aroma oil on her palm and applied it to both shoulders. And found that all the aches and pains had vanished like a miracle.

“Wow— this is so damn good. This thing is awesome. How much profit can I make if I sell it?”

Suddenly, Lear's mind began to pop up with many business ideas and imaged the huge amount of money she thought she would earn by selling these aroma oils.

“Oh— don't even think about it, Lear. Now let's focus on the next plan first. Think about money later.”

Lear laid down again. Then she fell asleep easily.

 

 

 

To be continued...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0