Ch.8: Obstacles (1)
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning—

After Lear had fully rested, she was refreshed and immediately prepared for the next step. Although it had to be done faster than usual, she didn't fear it because she still had a way to a solution.

Since arriving at Elberos Manor yesterday, she hadn't seen Earl Kyrell at all. She only met the Earl's wife, Countess Renia, Aunt Rana's mother.

The Elberos family was one of the oldest families, almost two hundred years old. The ancestor received the title of 'Earl' from King Alexander I, the son of King Alexis VIII, the hero of Arbane. Since then, this prestigious title has continued to the present day.

After Lear had greeted the countess, she realized that the countess was a very kind woman. She was kind and always had a smile to welcome her. The only issue is that her health is not very well. It made her able to live only in the room and the glass garden dome.

Rana briefly told her that her mother had an allergy. The countess's condition became more and more severe after she gave birth to Rana's brother who was ten years younger than her, Lord Rainel Elberos. He was the future head of the Elberos family and the Earl title successor from his father.

Lear couldn't see Lord Rainel at the manor right now. Rana told her that because Lord Rainel had traveled abroad a lot, seldom returned to the manor. It was because his occupation was ambassadorship that he had to represent the royal family to negotiate various matters abroad, which was considered the pride of the Elberos family. Besides, Lord Rainel is considered the youngest ambassador in history at only thirty years old.

The more time passed, the more Lear felt extraordinary of Lear Cabares, the villainess in the novel that was not written in the story. If consideration the overall picture, Lear Cabares is considered a person who is perfect in everything, unlike the male lead who had lost all his family until he was left alone. Or the female lead who came from an ordinary family had nothing special but a sweet face and manner that attracted the male lead.

But what Lear Cabares didn't have is luck. Because even though she had a happy life, was born into a warm family. But her ending in the novel was such a pitiful ending as the flip of a palm, truly pathetic.

'It's okay— I'm that Lear right now. I will not let anyone take advantage of you, my dear. I will take revenge for you.'

Lear sipped tea in the glass garden dome of Elberos Manor with Lucas and Rana to plan what to do next.

"I have already sent a letter to my professor. He said to meet him tomorrow. He will stamp the health certificate for you."

Lucas spoke up. When Lear heard that made her relieved. If the stamp is done tomorrow, she thinks she will file a letter opposing Draven's request that day, so as not to waste time. Then just wait for the president of the Central Council to meet with the small jury and refer the matter to the Civil Court judge to judge again.

Even though it sounds a little difficult, Lear was not afraid. If the objection was successful, she will be able to go back and reclaim everything that belongs to her. After that, she would revenge on the protagonists properly and gave them everything they deserve.

"I must thank Dr. Lucas very much for doing this. Otherwise, I don't know what to do either."

"It's okay. I just do what needs to be done. If it can help you, I'll be happy."

Lucas said sincerely. Lear felt touched by his word. Although there may have been a few hurdles in the past, it seems to have gone smoothly.

"And after this- What will you do next, Lear? If we do the plan, it will be over?"

Rana suddenly spoke up with concern. She was glad that everything had a solution. But she was still worried about Lear if Draven's request was voided. Thus, Lear had the right to return to the Cabares Manor in good faith. So, Lear might have been attacked by Draven's men again because the Cabares Manor was now like enemy territory.

"I didn't think it would end here, Auntie. because according to the Draven's character, He must have other plans to support him…"

Yes— according to the novels she read. Draven is calm, prudent, and scheming. Everything he will do must be carefully planned and screened. There must be a minimum of vulnerabilities and the least risky. But when it came time for him to take risks, he could take such an unimaginable risk. That was one of the reasons that Lear couldn't predict his all mind.

According to the original plot of the novel, after Draven had finished submitting his request and the president of the Central Civil Court had approved him as all Cabares's assets manager. Then he filed a complaint with the court about Cabares' unfair takeover of Ernest's affair thirteen years ago. And he used this opportunity to transfer all Cabares to Ernest justly. In the end, the Cabares family collapsed, and Draven returned to using the Ernest surname again. It was the resurrection of the Ernest family.

It's bad that the story didn't detail exactly how Draven does this. In the novel, just saying that he did it and succeeded. After a few months, Lear in the novel mysteriously disappeared and wasn't mentioned at all. So, Draven used this opportunity to inform the Civil Registration Council that Lear Cabares is a missing person. Then he used the confirmation documents of the Civil Registration Council to submit to the Civil Court for a complete divorce from Lear. And a year later, Draven remarried Phenia, legally registered. After that, both of them were happy together.

The Civil Registration Council that appeared in the novel collected the records and lists of populations in each area. Whether it was notified of birth, death, change of name/surname, marriage registration, or registering a divorce. This organization would be responsible for recording these data. Besides, they worked in coordination with the various Central Councils of Arbane.

In this fairy tale world, although it looked a bit ancient Lear thought that the various administrative processes were considered a good enough systematic. Although it doesn't have modern technology like many of the novels that Lear has visited.

However, most of what Lear knew right now was only from the novels. But after just a week into the novel, she realized that there were details that were not written in the novel. So she had to learn it gradually to be able to deal with Draven.

After completing a discussion, Lucas then asked to leave to prepare documents and information for his professor to stamp Lear's health certificate. As for Rana, she said that she would try to discuss with her father about the matter at the Central Council and take this opportunity to visit her father too.

As for Lear, she went to the mansion's library to learn as much as possible about this world. Because she entered the role of Lear Cabares instead, of course, the plot and those endings that were written in the novel would also change. So, always learning new things is another important weapon. The more you know, the more you have the right to be a winner.

 

 

 

 

To be continued...

0