2- Dorian and Zagmuz
526 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What I had just thought of hit me like a train, and I found myself frozen in shock as an unbelieving chuckle left 'my' mouth, 'how can something like that be?' I thought as my eyes scanned around, as if searching for something that would get me to throw this notion away.

The double scenery from the entirely different rooms that my brain was processing, forced me to accept the conclusion that I reached, and what was happening.

I soon noticed a weird thing though, I was only able to see two sceneries, while I was sure that I had control of three bodies. I got my answer soon as I realized what was happening, the third body was meditating, it was the only reason I was able to control the other two and see from four pairs of eyes, hear from four pairs of ears and smell from two noses.

Three bodies were way too hard for me to control and my... Soul? At least I think it's my soul that is in control here; Wasn't able to do that, so, following my third body's memories, I started meditating, using a technique from its memories almost unconsciously.

That made the third body enter a trance like state, lowering the strain on my soul while also strengthening it along with my mind somehow, making my control of the other two bodies easier.

"You bitch? Am I not talking to you? Did you finally lose it?" The man finally couldn't take me ignoring him anymore and shouted as he raised his other hand for a hit.

I retreated unconsciously as one scream left my mouth:

""Stop!""

Because I was agitated and I didn't have time to control myself, both my bodies shouted that at the same time, and I was left with four extremely different pairs of eyes looking at me.

I knew that Gorduf, the undead gorgon, who actually wasn't that at all, would wait for me to get back to him if I didn't acknowledge him, so I just lifted my hand having him wait as I focused on my other body with the brute who was facing me.

"I... I don't feel alright, I just need a bit of time to myself... I'll join my post soon, sorry for not replying earlier..." I said with a quivering voice.

"Humph, you better not let this repeat again," the man growled, "the captain had me get you ages ago, I'll make sure to tell him what happened, you should prepare an excuse when you get there."

Saying that, the man shoved me back before turning around and leaving the house, not forgetting to kick the door for one last time while grumbling some curses under his breath.

As he left I fell back into my bed and both of my bodies released the breaths they were holding, the second body then turned to Gorduf:

"Leave me be, I need some time to myself," I said in a cold haughty tone.

"As you say, your Highness," he said as he lowered his head, before adding, "but you shouldn't take long, we will start moving again soon, his Majesty gave us a tight schedule to follow."

A strong feeling of anger hit me when I heard him keep on speaking after I dismissed him, but then my heart quivered at the mention of 'his Majesty'.

I released another breath before nodding lightly towards him. Gorduf gave me one last bow before he left the room; no, the tent as I noticed, it was separated into a few sections and quite extravagant.

My second body fell back to his bed too, and I closed myself off from everything that was happening around me as I concentrated on the memories filling my mind, trying to understand what was happening and to know who the people I was in control of were.

It seemed that somehow and for some reason, I was in control of three bodies, and only one of them was a human, the other two were a demon and an elf respectively. I was able to control them simultaneously with little to no problems.

The first body was Dorian, a 19 years old human, he was the first one I was able to feel and the one I took control of the easiest, I didn't know if that was because he was a human like me or some other thing, but it didn't matter anyway.

Dorian was a lowly city guard in Border Town, he didn't have any relatives or loved ones and his circle of friends was almost non-existent. He only had his parents who died when he was 15 years old, leaving him little to speak of as an inheritance and no land to work on for a living. A few months after their death, when all the money they left him was spent, the hunger finally won over the sadness and he dragged himself to search for a job.

It just happened that the guards started recruiting just as he was hunting for a job, not having another better option, he decided to join.

He was too young though, usually, the guards only accepted those that were at least 18 of age, and preferred those that had already gotten their Inheritance and got a martial one. Fortunately for Dorian, one of the captains took pity on him and let him join even though he was younger than the accepted age limit.

But still, even though he was accepted by the guards, his life didn't instantly turn for the better. He had a job but because of his young age he wasn't paid as much as the other soldiers, and he was usually bullied by some of the other recruits, especially with him having a weaker body and not being able to keep up with most of the training they had to go through.

Things were still alright for the first couple of years, but his luck ran out when Eric, the man from before, joined the guards.

Eric was a well built young man who was a few years older than Dorian. He joined the guards officially, unlike Dorian, after going through the selection process. He had a few flaws though, one of which was that he liked throwing some of his duties, like cleaning the guardhouse and other mundane tasks, to Dorian, and another was him being quite forceful when things didn't go his way.

Dorian who had a cowardly disposition and rarely stood up to himself, mainly tried to stay away from him, that didn't always work, leaving him suffering under the torment of Eric.

That is basically who Dorian was, a normal human with nothing special about him.

The other bodies I was in control of were anything but that. My second body, the one who had the weird undead gorgon waiting upon him, was a demon prince. It was true that he was the youngest prince and quite a worthless piece of shit too, but he was still a prince nonetheless.

His name was Zagmuz Kinther Halordil. He was the third and youngest child of the current Demon King, Skrug Kinther Halordil, and from the memories, I'm seeing, he was a total asshole and a worthless waste of life.

He was raised to be admired, honoured and attended to since young, that along with some bad happenings in his childhood, made him have quite an awful personality and a shitty attitude towards any and everyone that wasn't his father or older siblings.

And even those, he only respected when he was in their presence, while he held much resentment and hate for when alone. Especially his siblings, because, for his father, he only held fear and terror.

Zagmuz's arrogance and disregard for other people were known in the whole Royal Castle, few if any would dare to stand against him, and many of those who did, died due to some weird accident if they had a bit of pull in the demon's kingdom, or simply were ordered to be killed straight away, if they had no background to speak of.

That wouldn't have been a problem if he had any good qualities, but he didn't have any, he only knew how to bring his family problems and act like a spoiled brat who wanted everything to go his way.

Remembering some of the things Zagmuz did, the number of people he made suffer, and how, from that moment onwards I was him, I wanted to puke.

I pulled myself from the memories of that scumbag and decided to move on to the last body I was in control of, realizing that it was probably the most special of them all, it was an elf.

Just that point made me fascinated and surprised, and those feelings didn't only come from me, but also from the lingering memories and thoughts from my other two bodies. And looking into their memories, it was easy to understand why.

Even though elves existed in their world, they were more like creatures of myths, they were linked heavily with the history of this world and they shaped it to what it was at that moment. At a point in the past, they were even seen as Gods by the other sapient races in the world. They were also the only race that could really use magic with little to no limitations.

Another reason that deepened that sense of wonder and fascination was the fact that none of them ever saw an elf, not Dorian the human soldier and not even Zagmuz the demon prince. That was mainly because elves have sealed themselves at the centre of a huge forest that covered close to a fifth of the world hundreds of years ago, with only a few of them getting out to see how the world was doing from time to time, reminding the world that they truly existed and that they still had a say in how things went.

23