Chapter 8 – Food Acquaintance
229 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Living in an anime world is more calming than I first thought. It's no wonder why, if you think deeply about it. They don't show the boring aspects of life. I don't know why I thought that Naruto was a chaotic world too dangerous to live in, or why IWS believed that." Aki sat in the classroom watching Iruka give out lessons for language.

Aside from the morning shinobi sparring, to running ten laps on the track. We head back inside after to learn academic things like reading, writing, math, science, and today we are learning geography.

"This is the map of the world. We live in the Land of Fire in the Hidden Leaf Village, Konohagakure. Although we have allies, in fact it's sort of us mutually benefiting each other by not fighting. We aren't in any true allies with any other village, we have many enemies. We can work with them, but not trust them."

Spoiler

[collapse]

"We have a formal relationship with the Hidden Waterfall Village, Hidden Grass Village, and Hidden Rain Village. Remember, despite our formal relationship with these three villages, don't think they will help you. There have been times that our teams were attacked by them during our missions together."

"This is all for today." Iruka looking out saw the sunset. A bell rings, notifying that school ended today. The kids got up to walk to the front of the school to meet with their parents.

During class, Aki was unable to stop watching the clan children who weren't paying attention. Aki built up enough confidence today to finally talk with one of the main characters. Even though she knew they were just kids, she felt like they had a special barrier around them saying I am important. They are like celebrities you know they are like us but different.

Aki walked up to Shikamaru and Choji. "Can I ask you a question?" Those two who were talking to each other walking out stopped looking back at Aki. Looking nervous, she smiles awkwardly. "Um, why aren't you paying attention to what Iruka is saying, isn't it important?" "Ah!~ I sound so much like a teacher's pet or a dork."

Shikamaru looks up before back to me. "I already know this." He continues walking away with Choji.

"So I wasn't wrong to assume that clan children receive their own education." Feeling awkward, Aki stalls, pretending that she is busy doing something until Shikamaru and Choji leaves. After seeing them gone, she leaves the academy back to the orphanage. Feeling the rumble of her stomach, she finds a delicious smell in the air.

Wandering into the store, she finds it filled with many people. As she was looking for an open seat, she hears someone calling her name.

"Aki over here!"

Looking over, she finds Shikamaru and Choji there, along with their parents. Choji was happily waving to her. Unable to decline, she walks up to sit next to them.

"Choji who is this your girlfriend?" His father drunkenly laughed as he teased his son. Choji who was wolfing down meat swallowed it before burping.

After clearing his mouth, he answered back. "She is a classmate."

Meanwhile, Aki was shocked that they even remembered her name. She hardly had any interaction with them. "When did I give my name to them?"

Shikamaru poking at the meat answered clarifying. "Choji know her because she gave him her snacks during class."

"Yes, chips are deliciously amazing!"

"Oh, yeah! I did, it was a disgusting flavor of chips that I no longer was hungry to eat. Something I didn't try before, called Miso Chips. I remember that I gave Choji those chips, but for him to remember my name from it is surprising." Choji's father seeing a new face to feed ordered more food.

"Here, try some Yakuniku Q meat." Choji gave me a few pieces.

"Thanks." Grabbing the meat, I dipped it a bit into the soy sauce before taking a bite. My eyes opened wide, a burst of umami entered my mouth. "It's delicious." Smiling from joy of eating, I started to relax from my awkward and nervous previous behavior. After eating with them, I said that I could pay for my portion, but the adults declined, saying that I didn't need to. 

"Hey, don't you have parents?" Choji wondered, talked out loud without thinking.

"Ah, I'm an orphan."

"Sorry." Choji noticed his rudeness, apologized quickly.

"You don't have to apologize for something you didn't do. It's fine. I don't mind, after all, I don't know anything about them." Aki reassured Choji. While she was doing this, the adults contemplated looking over at Aki before speaking up.

"Feel free to be friends with my son, kid."

"Same here, don't be shy to be friends with Choji."

"Thank you!" I smiled, waving them goodbye. Leaving the store, Aki ran with joy back to the orphanage. After jumping into her bed, she smiled after meeting with her favorite characters. Bringing the bedsheet to her face, she hid her large smile. "I'm friends with the main characters!"

 

=== Shikamaru's POV ===

As his father and Shikamaru sat across from each other with a shogi table laid before them, they were conversing with one another.

"So you made friends with someone other than Choji and Ino." He was of course talking about Aki. Aside from the Yamanaka clan and Akimichi clan, he found out his son knew this girl.

"I only know her because she was the one who defended choji when he was being picked on."

"I think Choji only knows her because she gave him snacks."

"Hm..." His father was thinking about something before putting that thought on hold. "How is she?"

"Good? I don't know, she seems a nice person, but tends to avoid clan children. I noticed that she gets awkward when trying to talk to them."

"Hm..."

They continued playing shogi, talking about Shikamaru's experience at the academy.

11