Chapters 16-29
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16

Askar and bill were making their final preparations at the place reserved for the participants. Armor checked. The swords were checked, both seemed ready.

“You have memorized what to say after you win, right?” Mefzar said.

The purpose of participating in the tournament was to ensure that the coffee was heard by everyone who came to watch.

"If they can win, of course," said Darkis sarcastically.

Only people below level 30 could participate in the tournament. Bill and Askar had also earned Levels that hadn't been idle since meeting Arthur. Askar was level 27 and Bill was level 24.

“Please all participants enter the Arena, after the City rulers have spoken, the Fights will begin.” said one of the Young Avian tournament officials.

Bill and Askar also headed towards the arena with the other participants. Mefzar and Darkis also left to go to the Tribunes.

When all the participants gathered in the middle of the arena, a shout broke out in the arena of 5 thousand people. Participants waved to the stands, and this year's tournament organizer, one of the Aster kingdom officials, took the podium in the VIP area.

The entire arena fell silent to listen to what the middle-aged man had to say on the stand.

The man cleared his throat and began to speak. His voice spread throughout the arena. If Arthur wasn't working at the stand. He was already starting to ask dozens of questions about how he did it.

“Hello, residents of manumit We are gathered here today for the traditional Manumit winter tournament. First of all, I want to welcome you all. All of you…” The authority dragged the conversation longer and longer. Eventually, he'll realize that he's talking too much.

“--Let the winter tournament begin.” he finished by saying.

The crowd burst into a roar of applause. And the participants returned to their assigned section: Bill and Askar's fights were in the 2nd-row fights. And it was half an hour later.

Mefzar and Darkis saw Lady Elise and started to climb the stairs to get to them. Lady Elise was at the top of the Arena.

“Hi, Lady Elise,” said Darkis.

“Have you seen Arthur?”

“I'm looking at him now.” She said while pointing her hand down.

Mefzar and Darkis went up to the end and looked down.

The Coffee stand was surrounded by people of different races. Arthur was trying to get them in line.

“I think the plan will work,” said Darkis, seeing the crowd below.

“Let's see if Bill and Askar's shouts will be as effective as Arthur said,” Mefzar said.

They sat with Lady Elise and waited for Askar and Bill's matches.

Before long it was Bill's turn. He's on the podium and waiting for the referee to say start. The act of killing was prohibited in the tournament. This rule was established in the early years of the tournament, after a few deaths.

Bill wielded a long two-handed axe, while his opponent was a human, wielding Sword and shield. The referee looked at both of them and nodded.

“Fight,” he said when he had decided that both warriors were ready to begin.

Bill attacked his opponent like a raging bull seeing a red cloak. His opponent did not expect such an attack, so he immediately took a defensive position. A gap formed in his shield as Bill swung his two-handed axe. In order not to miss his opponent's mistake, Bill landed a solid kick in the chest. The man fell to the ground, dropping the sword from his hand. The man was out of breath. When he saw Bill coming towards him, he raised his hand and announced his surrender.

Spectators were stunned as they did not think that the first encounters would start so quickly. But they got over their amazement and started shouting and applauding Bill.

Normally, after the audience's reaction to this unexpected victory was over, Bill had to return to the section reserved for the contestants. But Bill stood where he was. The referee of the match was also surprised by this event.

“Have you tried the new drink of the Red Roses guild? If you haven't tried it, you can try it for free at the south gate of the arena. You heard right, it's free.” Bill walked from the sandy arena to the section reserved for the competitions, with a bit of pride in doing what was asked of him and a little nervous about making this world's first official advertisement.

The audience was surprised at how they would react to the event. Why is a warrior talking about a guild's product after defeating his opponent?

He left the silence in which he was buried in the arena to a hum of conversations. Those who tried the coffee before coming to the arena were telling their friends about the coffee they got for free.

Lady elise and Mefzar and darkis were watching the event.

“I think Arthur's idea worked again.” ' he said, frowning seriously.

Lady elise and daris shook their heads. He even saw some viewers leave the arena to try the free coffee.

Next was Askar's fight. Askar walked slowly to the podium from the place reserved for the fights. His opponent was a dwarf carrying a hammer bigger than his neck. The dwarf's upper body was so developed that he had no trouble swinging the heavy hammer in his hand.

When the referee started the match, there were no sudden movements like a bill match. Askar confidently and slowly approached his opponent, but the dwarf didn't seem to have any intention of waiting for Askar.

The dwarf swung a heavy sledgehammer towards the Askar. Askar slid to the right and parried the incoming attack. But it was clear from his next attack that the dwarf had no plans to stop.

Instead of directly meeting the heavy blow, Askar was directing the hammer sideways. It had turned into a rally. Arthur had never seen the Askar be so proficient in sword fighting if he had seen his current state, his mouth would have dropped open. The sandy ground of the arena had turned into a dance floor for Askar.

This rally left the heavy hammer-wielding dwarf gasping. Askar realized it was his turn to attack, and he rushed towards the dwarf to attack.

The dwarf tried to block the incessant blows, both by stepping back and with the hammer as much as possible. But the rally just before had tired him out and the Askar hadn't given him a chance to rest.

While reversing, the foot tripped and fell on his back.

The dwarf couldn't stand the last

"You won, okay buddy stop"

It ended completely differently from Bill's fight. Bill's fight was over like lightning. Askar's was like a brisk dance. After the fight was over, Askar returned to the audience like Bill.

“Didn't you try the Red Roses new product, coffee? what a shame. It is distributed for free outside the arena. If you are not quick, it may run out,” he said.

This time, the people in the arena were very curious. Why were the tournament participants shouting that something was given out for free? And if they didn't act quickly, it could be over. Most people were planning to watch the matches a little more after Bill yelled and go that way. As Askar left the arena with a smile, there was a movement in the arena as well. Before long, 25 percent of the arena was up from their seats and moving to get out.

Before long, Askar and bill were climbing the arena stairs to join the rest of the team and Lady Elis.

“So how was it?” said Bill.

“Looks like it worked,” said Mefzar, pointing to the stand below.

When Bill looked at the place shown, he saw hundreds of people waiting in line around the stadium where Arthur was located.

"Let's see if this Promotion thing is really going as Arthur says," said Bill.

“I'm not entirely sure, but as a trader, I can say that Arthur's plan was ingenious. I can't believe he doesn't own a big guild. If he opens a guild in Manumit, I think it won't even take a year for him to grow and pass red roses.”

Lady Elise's words had a great impact on the team. And they knew something else about Arthur that Lady Elise didn't. It was his big secret and that got them pretty excited about the city building plan ahead of them.

“Since today's matches are over, let's join Arthur, I think he needs help,” Mefzar said.

They laughed at Arthur's attempt to control the crowd, and they began to descend the stairs to leave the arena.

---------

Manumit had surrendered to the dusk. It didn't make much sense to wander the streets at night. For this reason, the streets were not much of the crowd and joy of the daytime. People usually retire to an inn at this hour and go to sleep after drinking a little. But one inn is a little different from this situation. Old mike's inn was filled with joy and laughter.

Arthur had distributed all the 2 hors coffees left by the evening. And they had come to the inn to celebrate.

“Two Hors has already been sold, for 400 gold,” said lady Elise.

“We're going to be rich!” Askar shouted, obviously a little drunk.

“This coffee is being talked about in all the inns of Manumit right now,” said Mike, who had come to serve the drinks.

“I talked to the inn owners towards the evening. All the inn owners want this coffee, can you spare me some, right?” he said jokingly.

“Of course, our old friend, there is always room for you on the list,” said Mefzar.

“So you guys will continue to participate in the tournament tomorrow?” said Arthur.

“Nah, I can't fight for 50 gold anymore, man. I'm rich now," said Askar

“It's not all about the money, don't you want to experience that excitement in the arena again,” said Bill, obviously looking forward to attending.

he said "nope"

The team burst into laughter. Rook had gotten used to it in the past week. He still didn't talk much. But he was laughing with the whole team.

 

Chapter 17

 

“Knock-knock”

"yeah"

“I'm going downstairs to start class with Rook. Do you want to join?” said Arthur, toward the closed door of Darkis and Elda's room.

The door opened and Elda came out. It was obvious that she had just woken up, and her hair was a mess.

"Okay, we're going down for 5 minutes, after breakfast, right?" she said.

“Yeah, we are waiting for you then,” he said and with the rook behind him they headed for the stairs to go down. It had been 3 days since the tournament and Coffee was selling like crazy. Yesterday Lady Elise had visited the inn where they were staying and reported that they had sold 10 Hors in just 2 days.

The tournament was close to over, but the entire team lost interest in the tournament after Bill lost in the quarterfinals to someone Near level 30.

Arthur decided to take advantage of this gap, to teach Rook some lessons to turn him into a capable assistant, and Darkis and Elda, hearing this, wanted to join in.

After sitting at an empty table with Rook, darkis and elda soon joined them. The other members of the team had a few more hours to wake up, as they had been drinking late last night.

When the food arrived, he wanted to know what level Rook was at. He took a piece of the freshly baked bread and popped it into his mouth, then turned to the rook and asked.

“Do you know how to read and write?” if he didn't, that would set the Studies back at least a month.

“Yes,” said Rook.

Seeing the puzzled expressions of those at the table, Rook felt compelled to explain.

"If a goblin can read and write, it's easier to find a job in Manumit. In my neighborhood, an old goblin taught street kids in the evenings."

"I understand," said Arthur.

He looked around to see if anyone was coming, then cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Rook I come from a very far place. What I'm about to say may sound a little different. If you find it difficult to understand, you can ask as many questions as you want after you finish my sentence," said Rook. Then he looked at Elda and Darkis sitting across from him and said, "You can ask the same thing."

After they finished the meal, everyone drank a cup of coffee. After Arthur was satisfied that everyone was ready to begin, he began.

“I will talk about different lessons and different subjects, but we will have 4 basic lessons. Physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology. First, let me explain what topics these courses cover, then we can start one of them," he said.

“Physics is simply a branch of how the universe works. In other words, we can say that it also studies the interaction of energy and matter.” said Arthur

“To give an example,” he said, and he pushed the coffee cup on the table with his hand. He raised his hand and the glass stopped where he had pushed.

“Why do you think the glass stopped,” said Arthur.

“For stopping pushing,” darkis said with a laugh.

“Here is physics that offers a deeper and more logical explanation for why the glass stops. I wasted energy when I pushed the glass. But what makes it stop are the forces acting on the glass.”

“What kind of force is acting on the glass,” said Rook.

“Good question. While pushing the glass, the force I applied in one direction was acting. But also, the surface of the glass in contact with the table had a friction effect in the opposite direction of the force I applied. Also, gravity was affecting the glass, preventing it from flying off the table. I was able to push because the force I applied while pushing was more than the friction force.”

“Okay, how is this information going to be useful?” Elda said. Arthur had just explained something quite simple at great length, and he could not see how useful it was.

“I mean, imagine that this glass is 100 times bigger, if we know the weight of the glass and the friction coefficient of the floor it is on as a value. We can find out how much force we shouldn't apply to move this glass."

Without further ado, Arthur moved on to his next lesson.

“If we move on to chemistry, it examines the elements that make up the substances and the reactions that these elements form with each other”

“The elements that make up the matter or the little balls you speak of?” said Elda. Due to his success in magic, he gave some information to Elda and Darkis while they were in the North.

“Yes, simply everything we see around us is made up of what we call atoms.” said Arthur.

“Atom? What is this? How small are these balls.”

Arthur began to speak, happy with Rook's interest.

“Atoms are incredibly small phenomena. For example, the atoms that make up your body are many times greater than the grains of sand in the world we live on.”

The three sitting across from Arthur were quite surprised to hear this information.

Arthur continued to introduce it to the lectures.

“Our next lesson is math. In this lesson, we will use the number system I used,” said Arthur. The people of this world used numbers that resembled roman numerals, and when Arthur founded the city, he was thinking of introducing Arab numerals.

He wrote the numbers 0 to 9 on the paper in front of him. And showing the numbers.

"These are the numbers we're going to use." he said, and after showing what each symbol corresponds to with his hand, “Yes, now a question is 415*317.” said

Although Rook, Darkis, and Elda tried to multiply with their hands, this was way too high for the numbers they would use in normal life, and none of them had ever been trained in this field. After Arthur was sure he wouldn't get an answer, he wrote down the two numbers one under the other and explained how he did the multiplication.

“Arthur, you know how fast this business can speed things up, your method is incredible,” he said.

“Biology is a branch of science that studies living things. For example, how do creatures live, why do they die, what are the parts that make them up?

Elda realized that her most important issue was coming, she was controlling the vines as magic, and it was a matter directly related to her magic.

Arthur looked at the three eager students in front of him and asked, "hhmm which one would you like to start with?"

-------

Arthur's lessons had lasted until noon, and he was a little tired of answering the incessant questions. The snow outside had grown a little more. But that wasn't too big of a problem to prevent Arthur from practicing magic. He put on the coat he had bought when they came to Manumit and went out to the back of the inn.

When he got out, he saw Bill and Askar doing Exercise too. When Arthur opened the door to the backyard, they left the Training and came towards him.

“Are you finally finished with your lesson,” said Bill.

"Yeah." said Arthur.

"Arthur, we've been postponing this for a long time, but now you need to learn how to use the sword or knife, okay you're a mage, but if they attack too fast to cast spells, at least you need to be able to fight to protect yourself," said the soldier.

After some thought, Arthur agreed. A few more talents in his pocket wouldn't hurt anyone.

“Well, where do we start?” said Arthur.

Askar smiled and placed his hand on Arthur's back.

“Take off that coat first because we're going to sweat a lot,” he said. When Arthur took off his coat, he felt the coldness of the air in his bones, but he followed Askar and walked towards the back yard.

Askar stood in front of Arthur and began to speak.

“The most important thing in fights is stance. If your feet are not firmly on the ground, you will fall at the slightest blow, and if you find yourself on the ground in a battle, your attackers have a great advantage, so I will show you how to stand strong first.” said

Askar showed Arthur the safest method against an incoming attack. Arthur was trying to imitate what Askar was showing. After practicing the Arthur pose for ten minutes

“Okay, isn't the best way to learn while doing the job?” he said and took a wooden sword from his Enchantment Bag and hurled it at Arthur. Arthur

caught the sword in the air. He was a little surprised.

"Askar, don't you think we're going a little too fast," said Askara with a cautious look.

“Nobody learns to fight without a few bruises on their body,” he said, and rushed towards Arthur.

Arthur clumsily tried to counter the askar's attack, forgetting all the poses they had been practicing with the idea of ​​defending himself. Askar's attack broke his balance, and he fell to the ground in the ensuing attack.

“Stand up,” he said while smiling.

Arthur finally understood what he was saying "yes" to. He could already see his body full of bruises. But he was excited about learning a martial arts. Arthur had been involved in swimming or running as a child and had never had the opportunity to learn any martial arts. This new experience excited him.

 

 

Chapter 18

 

When Arthur woke up in his bed, he turned his head towards the window to see what time it was. Although he could not tell what time it was because it was cloudy, he saw that the bed next to him was empty. “Rook must have woken up early,” he thought, trying to flex his muscles. But just as he was about to flex his muscles, the injuries that the askar inflicted on his body yesterday caused him to squirm in pain.

“Fuck you, Askar” he muttered to himself.

He sat on the edge of his bed, despite his body's obvious objections. Then he thought of the warrior class he had won and rejected last night. He had enough classes and he didn't want to add another.

Then, with difficulty, he walked to the close and started to change. “I wonder if the others are awake,” he thought. And after he changed, he opened the door and started down the stairs leading to the lobby.

When he got down to the lobby, he was met with an unexpected sight. Lady Elise and the members of the team were sitting at a table drinking coffee. Askar smiled at the sight of Arthur staggering.

“Does something hurt?” he said with a grin.

“Did you hit me on purpose, I barely got out of bed”

“See it as motivation and try not to get beaten up again,” Askar said.

Arthur then turns to Lady Elise

“Welcome Lady Elise”

“Thank you,” said Lady Elise.

Arthur nodded, then pulled up a chair and sat down.

“How are the sales?” said Arthur.

“Oh, that's what I came to talk about. A total of 22 hors were sold for 200 gold. I think we will sell all the coffee we have in 2 weeks.”

"Wonderful ." He said, then saw Old Mike.

"Mike can I get me something to eat" she said

“Haha just woke up? though, what else could it be after the askar bea-teaching” Old mike said, tean find this tongue-twisting quite funny, so they burst into laughter.

When the laughter stopped, Lady Elise turned to Arthur.

"Isn't it your first time at Manumit,Arthur " she said.

"Yeah"

“I don't think you've been able to get around properly with the coffee business,” said Lady Elise.

“It was a bit like that”

“There is winter auction is held in the afternoon if you want, you can join me ”

Arthur considered this invitation and thought that there would be a nice change.

“I would be happy to join you, Lady Elise,” he said.

"But first I have to eat something or I might starve," he said.

"We'll go out after you eat," she said.

Just then, Old Mike came up to him with soup and fresh bread.

-------

 

Arthur and lady Elise were driving through the streets of Manumit in a carriage. The back of the carriage had seats facing each other. The roads were clean despite the constant snowfall. This was thanks to the adventurers. City officials were preparing quests for Low-level Water manipulation mages where they could earn some money instead of sitting idle in the Winter.

The roads have gone far away. Although it was winter, the streets of manumit were alive. People could not give up shopping and earning money even if it was winter. As Arthur passed by, he saw some of them drinking smoky coffee on them.

“Coffee seems to be well liked by the Manumit people,” said Arthur when he saw this.

“So almost all the inns have queued up to buy coffee,” said Lady Elise.

"There's something I don't understand, can you enlighten me," said Arthur.

“Of course,” said Lady Elise.

“Why didn't your competitors have coffee, and you did?”

“As a matter of fact, the timing of your arrival played an important role. Usually, when winter comes, Bitter seeds are sent north, where the guards there are more in danger, so much is consumed. Nearly all of the city had sold their bitter seeds for the winter, only me and the other ones left.”

“Those who sell to the north are biting their hats, then,” said Arthur.

“Hahah Yes, our biggest competitor, Gold Hoarders, sold them all to the north 3 days before we started our promotional work, you should have seen their faces after we introduced the coffee” Arthur and lady Elise stopped in the carriage while laughing at the misfortunes of others.

As Arthur got out of the car, he stood in amazement at the building in front of him. The building was a Marble building with a height of at least 20 m.

Lady Elise, who saw this state of Arthur, said, "Well, isn't it impressive?"

“Yes, whose building is it”

“The Trade Guild Association had it built so it could hold important auctions”

"Let's go in, it's about to start," said Lady Elise, after letting Arthur examine the building a little longer.

Arthur and lady elise climbed the wide stairs of the building. When they came to the giant door, a satyr greeted them.

“Welcome to the Manumit auction house, Lady Elise,” he said.

“Thank you,”

 

“Please, this way,” he said, and started walking. Without realizing where they were going, Arthur started to follow the satry in front of them with Lady Elise. The corridor was decorated with very luxurious-looking patterns. And it was illuminated by Magical lamps at certain intervals. After walking a little along the corridor, they came to a door, Satry pushed open the door and showed the Room with his hand and bent down.

Arthur and lady Elise entered the room. The room looked like the lodges of Football stadiums.

After saying "I'm sending a waiter to take care of you right away" he closed the door and left.

“Lady Elise, sometimes I forget how rich you are, that's a good reminder,” said Arthur, and laughed.

“Aren't you rich too, Mr. Arthur,” said Lady Elise.

Lady Elise was right, when all the coffees were sold, they would have a large amount of money per person. But Arthur had never seen this money as his own. That money sounded like a fund that would only fund the city they were going to build.

When Arthur sat on the chair in front of him, he saw the chairs filled by non-vips downstairs on the ground floor in front of them. They had obviously arrived just in time. Because an Elf woman appeared on the stage. After the woman took the stage, the hum in the hall was cut off.

“I want to thank and welcome everyone for participating in the Manumit winter auction, we will have many priceless items to be auctioned today. We even prepared a big surprise for you.” said.

Some workers brought the first product to the stage.

“If you want to start without wasting time, here are 12 fireball scrolls, a product that will save lives if you have it with you when you need it, starting with 10 gold and 5 gold upgrades.”

As soon as the presenter on the stage finished his speech, the offers began to come.

“15”

“20”

Arthur wondered how high it would rise. He had no idea how the scrolls were made or used. It soon went up to 45 gold and, with no more bidders, was sold to a Minotora.

They brought the other product right after. This was a ring engraved with a storage enchantment. But since it occupies about 50m3 of space, it looked like something quite valuable.

After saying that the starting price was 100 gold, the auction started again. Arthur liked this environment very much. And when he founded the city, he thought of establishing one of his own, just as design ideas were attacking his mind, he heard it sold for 280 gold.

New products were constantly coming in and being sold. Arthur looked at Lady Elise and didn't seem to care much about anything.

"Aren't you going to buy anything," said Arthur Lady Elise.

“There was nothing that interested me, I usually buy products that will make me profit,” said Arthur with a smile and nodded as if to say I understood.

The Elf woman who ran the auction stepped forward.

“Yes, we have the last 3 products left. And the remaining products are all more valuable than the other,” he said, stopping deliberately, making the event even more dramatic. Arthur thought that the woman was made for the job.

“Let's start with our first product, then. “Yes, here is the Golden armor,” he said.

As soon as the employees behind her heard the name of the product, she pulled the cover off her. Underneath was a golden armor-like outfit. To give a little more detail, the presenter went to the stand where the armor was located and spoke as he turned around.

“This armor was made from webs woven by golden spiders living in the Garab desert. I guess I don't need to mention how dangerous the golden spiders are."

As if confirming what the host said, some people were telling those sitting next to them what they had heard.

“In the trials, we found that even a level 45 mage could not deal damage with Magic.”

“Yes, let the starting price start with 1000 gold ,” he finally said.

Arthur was amazed at the beauty of the armor. But when he heard the Presenter's words, he was thoroughly surprised. Couldn't a rank 45 mage do damage, that meant a platinum rank adventurer, they were pretty rare.

Arthur looked at Lady Elise and didn't seem very interested. But the same cannot be said for the other vips. A crazy auction race started from the second floor lobbies in Arthur sitting right now. It was eventually sold to someone for 2200 gold.

Arthur finally realized that they weren't all that rich.

The server switched to the 2nd product after the sale.

Without waiting for him to speak on this, the workers had lifted the veil.

Under the cover was a lamp that flashed blue. The server went over to explain the product.

“The lamp you see in front of you was found in a dungeon in the north, and while the adventurers who found it were carrying it with them, it started to flash with a pattern, maybe it's a code, no one shown could figure out what it was. Since we do not know exactly how valuable it is, we are starting it without an initial value, you can increase it as much as you want.”

Arthur was locked in the flashing lamp. The flashing intervals seemed familiar. Then, all of a sudden, lightning flashed in his mind. It was morse code. But who in this world could have known Morse code in here ? Thousands of questions raced through Arthur's mind.

Since no one wanted to pay for something worthless, 30 gold coins were also leftfor lamp.

“40” gold he said.

“Are you interested?” said Lady Elise.

Arthur, trying not to show his excitement.

“I like to solve riddles, and there might be a great treasure on the end,” said Lady Elise, though she knew something was up, but she didn't push any further.

Someone gave 45 gold, when Arthur raised 50, Arthur won when there was no other bidder. Arthur was relieved. But the presenter didn't seem too happy about the cheap sale of the product he was expecting to be sold at a high price.

Turning to the waiter who came into the room.

"When can we get it" he said

“When the auction is over, the item will be brought to your room, sir,” he said.

The server has switched to the final product. The product came in a box.

“I guess I don't need to explain much for this product,” he said, and opened the box with his own hands. The final item of the auction would often be the most valuable item. All the viewers held their breath and waited for the final product. When the server chest was pulled to the open side, he saw that there was something like a Blue stone inside.

There was silence at first, and then the building fell into complete chaos. There was a voice coming from every head. And it was pretty loud.

Arthur didn't understand what was going on. However, Lady Elisee looked at the chest in amazement.

“What is that?” he said at last.

"Oh you're so lucky Mr arthur, it's been 10 years since a dungen core was last sold." ' he said, overcoming his surprise.

“Is that the dungeon core?” Arthur looked again at the stage where the chest was.

The presenter was trying to maintain order. Finally, after the audience got over the initial shock, they fell silent and began to watch the events that would unfold.

When the situation calmed down, the presenter began to speak.

“As you can tell, this is a Tier 2 dungeon core Auction will start at 10000 gold.” said.

“20000 thousand gold” said one of the 3 floors.

Arthur looked at Lady Elise and said, "Who's on the 3rd floor?"

“The third floor is reserved for the royal nobles, no one can fight them for this core, a Dungen Core means the revival of the economy in their land. 'For this, the nobles are going crazy now. ' she said and smiled.

Before long, it rose to 80000 gold levels. It had been a long time since Arthur had stopped calculating numbers. Everyone was approaching their psychological limit. 91 thousand gold was said and no one increased it. After the server confirms the sale

“Today's Auction is over here. Thank you everyone for participating”

Before long, Someone entered with a lamp in his hand.

Arthur remembered that he didn't have any money with him, and lady Elise asked if we could deduct the money. When Lady Elise nodded, she said to the person who came, "You can withdraw from my account."

Arthur took the lamp and put it in his Enchanted pouch to examine in detail later.

And they headed for the door to exit.

Getting in the carriage and going to the inn

He said, "Well, how did you find the auction?"

“My eyes have been opened, thank you again for inviting me”

The car began to make its way through the dark streets towards Old Mike's inn. Arthur was dying to know what message the lamp in his hand held. But he had to hold out until the inn. And his eyes were on the road.

 

Chapter 19

 

After Lady Elise left Arthur in front of the inn, Arthur entered the Inn with quick steps, wanting to go to his room as soon as possible and solve the secret in the lamp. He was about to climb the stairs without even paying attention to his surroundings, when Askar saw him come back.

“How was the auction, did you have fun?” Askar asked.

"Yes, yes, I'm a little busy, we'll talk later," he said, and he climbed the stairs 2 steps and 2 steps and walked quickly towards his room. Askar had not expected such an answer from Arthur. He stood still, not realizing what had happened.

Arthur opened the door of his room and entered. There was no Rook in the room. That was a good thing. He needed to focus right now. and sat down at the table in the room. He took the lamp out of the enchanted pouch and placed it on the table. It was the first time he had seen the lamp up close. He examined it in detail.

The lamp resembled an old oil lamp 30 cm high. A blue flame was flashing in the middle of the oval glass chamber. There was a metal piece with engravings in a cylindrical shape at the bottom of the glass chamber.

Although Arthur did not know the Morse code, he had a short version of the Morse code on his laptop. He wanted to learn as a hobby at university, but he just stayed because he didn't have time. Arthur was very happy that he hadn't deleted the picture.

He got up and closed the curtains on the windows. They had severely limited the use of Technological devices since they came to Manumit, and if these devices were stolen or discovered, they would be in a lot of trouble. Arthur closed the curtains as a precaution, then sat down at the table and took his laptop out of the Enchanted bag and opened it. He found the photo and started Translating the message.

It looked like it was going to be harder than it looked. The message was most likely a text and it was almost impossible to find where it started. Arthur gave his full attention to the lamp and began to write down what he had translated on a piece of paper.

Although he didn't understand what he was saying in the first half hour, he was slowly starting to understand and write the words. After 2 hours of effort, Arthur was able to translate the article consisting of 2 paragraphs. He decided to read it again to fully understand it.

“Hello, my name is Zack Dawson”

I don't know if my message will reach the world, but I have no choice but to try. About 2 years ago, when I was living in England, I suddenly found myself on the planet San. The place I teleported to was the kingdom of denzark, which was ruled by nobles formed by Elves and humans. When I first saw that fantastical creatures were real, I almost shit myself. But over time I got used to it. My other curiosity was the strangeness of the planet I was on. Everyone I asked said that this world is eternal. These people were not as far behind as I thought, they had built devices that could talk long distances using magic. Oh, I forgot to mention, magic is real.

With a friend I made here, we did a series of experiments to calculate the circumference of San. Every experiment I did gave values ​​close to each other, I made sure of this. San is a giant planet whose surface area is as much as Jupiter. Can you believe it? Gravity is almost the same as the earth. I'm not sure how this could exist, but anyway If my message reaches the world, let my family know that I love them and that I am happy in this world Kind regards Zack dawson.”

When Arthur read the text, more questions than answers filled his mind. Arthur hadn't heard anyone call the planet they were on San. They also called the world like Arthur's. And who was this person with whom they shared the same fate? Were there any other people besides himself? Or had this zack gone to a different universe? He had to share that with the team. When he lifted his head, he realized that it was late in the evening and took the paper on which the message was written. He put the laptop back in the enchanted pouch and started walking towards the lobby.

When he got to the lobby, he saw the whole team having a drink and went over to them.

"What happened to you, my friend, you've been gone for a long time," said Askar.

After Arthur sat down at the table, he looked around and there was no one in the lobby except a few men in the far corner. While Arthur was speaking, the team must have understood that Arthur was going to say something important from his behavior, so they paid attention.

“I have to tell you something”

“We are listening” Mefzar.

“You know, I went to the auction with Lady Elise today, I saw something that caught my attention and I bought it for 50”

“Arthur, you kind of made us this money so there-” Arthur interrupted the mefzar.

“No, it's not the money that important, it's what I buy.” Arthur took out the lamp and put it on the table.

“You paid this for 50 gold?” said Askar, obviously not understanding what was going on.

Elda, on the other hand, must have noticed that it was flashing in a certain pattern, so she focused on the Blue flame.

“A message,” Elda said.

“What?” said Bill, as ignorant as Askar.

“There is a message hidden in the light.” said Elda.

“That's right, an adventurer in the North found the lamp in a dungeon, at least that's what the auction host said. Anyway, when I saw the lamp, I noticed something strange. I knew these flashes .”

“How so,” said Elda.

“These flashes and fades were a coding method used where I came from.” Arthur's words formed a silence at the Table.

How many of Mefzar frowned and leaned over the table and whispered. He said, "Is there anyone else besides you?"

“No, I don't think so. I translated the message, but it doesn't seem of this world."

Arthur unfolded the paper on the table. Everyone at the table gathered near Arthur to see the Paper. After a few minutes passed.

"I don't think this person is from this world." said Elda.

“There is no kingdom in our world that I know of that calls the planet San, nor is there any kingdom where Elven-men are noble together.”

"Arthur, how big is this pluto he's talking about, the person who sent the Message can't seem to believe its size," said Darkis.

"Very big. The biggest planet in our star system,” he said when the people around did not understand.

"Remind me to tell you about planets in physics class, It's 440 thousand km in circumference," he said so that they could understand better.

“Definitely not our world,” said Elda.

“Well then, where did this message come from?” Askar said.

After thinking for a while, Arthur looked around and began to speak.

“There are two possibilities. A planet orbiting a different sun in this universe, or a completely different universe.”

Hearing this, his Teammates were surprised. Rook was the most surprised of them all. He had not yet been told anything definitive about where Arthur came from, and it was the first time that different universes were mentioned.

“There's nothing we can do right now. About how the Lamp captured this message, you and Elda, examine the incantation in the Lamp, maybe we can communicate,” Mefzar said.

“And also keep it a secret,” he said. After Mefzar scrutinized everyone at the table.

Although Arthur didn't get the answers he wanted, he had learned something. He was not alone in this incident and there was at least one other person like him. Arthur was immersed in such things.

Mefzar brought Arthur out of these thoughts.

“Arthur, we have to go with you tomorrow to meet with the Worker guilds. They will work for you, you should be there too.”

“Sure,” he said, but his mind was still on the message that came to mind.

In the early hours of the morning, Mafzar and Arthur were walking on the streets of Manumit. Arthur could not sleep well because of the message he received.

“Do you miss your home?” he asked.

“It's not about missing it, the idea of not being able to come back bothers me. Despite all the dangers of this world, I feel like I'm living here more. I can tell by the message Zack is sending, he knows it's nearly impossible to come back, he just wants to let his friends and family know that he's alive.” said.

Mefzar nodded as if he understood. Then the two continued walking in silence.

When they arrived at the place where the Isshi Guilds were, Arthur looked at the buildings. It looked like it was mostly made of wood and fast.

“Who are we going to talk to,” said Arthur.

“I took a few names from old Mike, let's see one by one, we can agree with whoever accepts our offer. In the end, we want them to leave Manumiti completely, I don't think most of them will accept it,” he said.

Arthur shrugged, thinking about yesterday's Lamp incident, and they climbed the stairs of the first guild.

 

Chapter 20

 

Although their names were guilds, trade and worker guilds were more like companies. These were completely different from the adventurers guild. One boss would give the workers their wages and keep the rest of the money he agreed on for the project. Arthur and Mefzar also came to one of these guilds.

Above the door of the building was the 'Hammer and wood' sign, and next to it was the inscription 'Quick hammers guild'. 'A good choice of logo,' thought Arthur. The building did not look very luxurious. The building had an elevation of stone, above which was its timber walls. The building looked like it had not been maintained for a long time.

“Mefzar, are you sure these are the guilds of construction works?” said Arthur.

"Why? What happened?"

"The guild buildings don't look like they've been taken care of, how can those who can't take care of their own guild build our city?"

“The guild owner has a lot of debt, they are trying to pay it off, but the debt is almost gone, can they get rid of their debts and join us with our offer? Besides, Old mike said this guy was pretty reliable.” said Mefzar.

Arthur nodded as if he understood. They pushed the door and entered. Although the hall of the guild was not very large, there were a few armchairs, a table and a table where the receptionist sat for those waiting.

The receptionist was a young dwarf. He stood up when he saw someone come through the door.

“Hello, how can I help you?” he said.

“We wanted to talk to the owner of the guild, is he here?” said Mefzar.

“Yes, he is upstairs, may I know what you came for?” he said.

“Let's say we want to keep the guild for a big project,” he said.

“Please rest,” he said, pointing to the chairs in the lobby. Then he left his place to inform the guild owner.

Just as they were sitting in the seats indicated by the receptionist, the dwarf, who had gone to inform the guild owner, came with a middle-aged man.

“Welcome to Quick hammers please this way,” he said.

Arthur and Mefzar followed the man into his study room. The man walked to the chair behind the desk and sat down.

“Please sit down,” he said.

After everyone was seated, Arthur's attention was drawn to the simplicity of the room. Apart from Tahr's desk and chair, the room contained only the armchairs of Arthur and Mefzar. There was neither a closet nor a cloakroom. Arthur was even more convinced of the situation Mefzar had described. The man was middle-aged, but not old. No matter how hard he tried not to show it, it was obvious that he was having a hard time.

“Let's start by introducing ourselves. I'm Mefzar and my teammate Arthur,” Mefzar said, pointing at Arthur.

" Glad to meeting you, I'm Tahr, owner of the Quick hammers guild, how can I help you."

“We are planning to build a city in the north, we were looking for a guild to build it and we came to get information. But the location of the city we will build is a little different,” said Mefzar.

“How so where is the location?” Tahr said curiously.

“To the east of the continent Where the endless river flows into the ocean” The man's eyes opened at the words of the tomb.

“But those are lands where no one has been for a long time, or if monsters attack during construction”

“Don't worry, we will ensure the safety of the workers,” Mefzar said confidently.

The man must have been impressed by Mefzar's confident speech. He relaxed a little.

"How long will the project take," he said.

Arthur thought it was time to speak up and cleared his throat.

“Actually, our offer is a bit different. We want you to move all the way to the North. The city will need permanent workers.”

“This is not something I can decide, I need to talk to the workers, but go ahead,” the man said. He seemed to want to hear what Arthur had to say.

“First of all, let me introduce myself a little better. I am the architect and the person responsible for the construction of the city.”

The man would not have expected to meet such a young architect as he was taken aback.

“First of all, we have an offer that can help in persuading workers, and we plan to give one house to every worker who comes to work.”

The man seemed pleased with the offer. Such an offer was quite good. At the moment, most of the workers in Manumit were rented in makeshift houses. Moreover, the manumit was so crowded that these houses were usually small ones with one or two rooms. When Arthur saw that the man was relieved, he continued to ask.

“How many workers do you have now?”

“98,” said the man.

“Have you done stone work, do you have experience in this matter? Because if I don't have full plans for the new city to be built, we will mostly build stone buildings," said Arthur.

“Have you seen the Manumit auction building? "Said.

“Yes,” said Arthur, trying to understand where the man was trying to get.

“Actually, it was a joint project between us and a few other guilds.” said

Arthur was overjoyed at this information. He was fascinated by the interior work in the auction house. Then he felt a little more sorry for the man. It had fallen into this state from the construction of one of the most beautiful buildings in Manumit. Arthur wondered how the man had gotten to this level, but avoided asking anything.

“It looks good, but the workers are few.” said Arthur.

“How many men do you need, I might add some people who don't have a job or are affected by the house offer,” the man said.

After doing some calculations in his head, Arthur turned to the man.

"Better if it's between 200-300, do you think you can find extra workers," said Arthur.

“Of course, a lot of men are idle because of the winter, but let's talk about the price first if you want”

Realizing that Arthur had come to the end of his speech, Mefzar broke in.

“What price do you think”

Tahr seemed to be doing some calculations in his mind.

“I can offer you a 6-month contract. It can be renewed or Canceled at the end of 6 months. The price is… 300 Gold,” he said. His voice trembled as the man said 300 gold, and he seemed to be unable to believe the price he wanted.

"Didn't you say a little too much," said Mefzar.

He said, "Well 270 is the final price"

“If you do 250, we'll have a deal,” Mefzar said.

“The man stood up and extended his hand to Mefzar.

“Agreed,” he said.

“Weren't you supposed to talk to the workers,” Mefzar said as he shook her hand.

"Don't worry, I'm sure they'll accept your house offer, and if they don't, I can find new staff to do it." said the man with joy. The 250 gold he was going to get was probably closing his debts, and even after giving the workers their money, he had some money left for himself.

Mefzar did not expect that the first place they met would accept their offer. After shaking hands with the man, he sat back down.

He said, “We will set out as soon as the winter is over. First, we will go to the kingdom of Aster, and then to the north with the ships, to the place where the city is, so you have about 3 months to prepare the staff.”

“It's okay, we have a few jobs on our hands, and they're done in a week, and as soon as it's done, we can start looking for Staff and getting ready for the trip.”

"Okay, we'll take care of the details later," he said.

“But I have to take a deposit just to be sure, not because I don't trust you. I need to prepare for the trip and construction,” the man said as they were just starting to get up. Tahr's request was reasonable.

“Okay, how does 50 gold look”

“Good enough”

"After signing the contract, let's give you 50 gold coins if it's okay with you," he said.

“Of course, how is it after 2 weeks?” he said.

"Fine"

After discussing their date with Tahr, they left the room.

“Well, I didn't think we'd agree with the first meeting place.” As they left the guild and descended the stairs, Arthur turned to Mefzar and said.

“Arthur, you don't know how valuable the houses we gave you are for a normal worker to work for at least 10 years,” Mefzar said.

Arthur nodded in understanding. Then they started walking towards the inn and chatting at the same time.

"Well, have you thought about how we're going to defend the City," said Arthjur.

“While you were dealing with the coffee business, we were not sitting idle, we were making plans about it.” said.

“Oh, what's the plan? “Even though he heard the team talking about it, he didn't know exactly because he was busy with the job ahead of him.

“We plan to make an announcement in the city a month before we leave, and we plan to establish a city guard unit with the trustworthy among them.”

“So who will manage this union?”

“Askar”

“Askar?”

“Don't be condescending to Askar. He may act like a buffoon, but he always fulfills his responsibilities. ' said Mefzar.

Just then, Mefzar stopped for a moment and continued walking. Then he leaned towards Arthur and spoke in a low voice.

“Act normal, someone is following us,” he said.

Arthur All of a sudden his body froze, but he gathered himself and kept walking.

"Who"

"I don't know, let's try to corner him" he said

Arthur and Mefzar took normal steps back from the corner of the street. Arthur hadn't felt this much adrenaline since the sudden monster attacks in the north. As soon as he turned the corner of the street, Mefzar immediately pulled Arthur towards the wall with his hand.

Arthur and Mefzar waited in silence for the man to turn to the street. Arthur was ready to use Earth manipulation. But the man never knew how to come. Either time slowed down due to excitement, or the man realized that he knew they were being followed.

Enough time passed, Mefzar poked his head off the side and looked around.

“He escaped, our pause for a second must have made him suspicious,” he said.

"Who can follow us," he said

"I don't know, when we get to the inn, let's ask if the others have seen anything," he said.

They started walking towards the inn again, but this time more carefully and with quicker steps.

 

Chapter 21

 

Arthur was sitting old chair in the backyard of the inn, sipping his coffee. Snowflakes were falling slowly to the ground like leaves in autumn. There was an awkward silence around. The last few days have been pretty eventful. Buying the lamp from the auction, Zack's message, Being followed. He needed some silence to think about all this and clear his head.

When he brought the glass to his mouth, he realized that he had already drunk all the coffee. He entered the lobby of the Inn, thinking that the members of the team might have woken up. And he wasn't too surprised at what he saw. Darkis, Elda, and Rook were having their breakfast. The men of the team were usually still asleep at this time.

“Good morning,” he said, walking towards the table.

“What were you doing in the backyard? We were worried when Rook said he couldn't see you when he got up,” Elda said.

When they returned to the inn last night, they had talked about the Tracking with the Team, nothing like this had happened to the others. The team had decided that no one should leave the inn alone.

“I was outside to clear my head.”

“Did you?”

“What?”

“Did you succeed in clearing your head?” said darkis.

“A little, I guess,” said Arthur.

Then he pulled out the chair and sat down. He remembered the word spells he had been putting off for so long that he had to prepare as much as possible for the North in winter. And he hadn't even touched his word magic yet.

“Elda, can you teach me word magic?” he asked.

"Oh, right, I said I'd teach you up north, we never got started," she said as if she forgot something important.

“It can start when your lesson is over,” he said. Arthur remembered that today was class day. He was confused by yesterday's incident.

"Sure, let's eat dinner," he said.

"What's the topic for today," said Rook.

They did a little introduction to math in the last class. He was sure that Eldan was looking forward to biology. After some thought, he replied.

"How about biology," he said.

“Yes,” said Elda. Joyfully.

After the team quickly finished their meal, Arthur began his lecture.

“All living things are made up of tiny units we call cells.”

"Like atoms?" said darkis.

“No, you can think of them as chambers. There are different cells in different parts of the body, for example, heart cells and muscle cells are different from each other.”

“What about the plants,” said Elda.

“Likewise, they are made up of cells, but plant cells are surrounded by a hard layer. I wish we had a microscope so I could show you."

“What is that?” said Elda.

“It's a kind of magnifying glass that lets you see cells and creatures invisible to the naked eye,” said Arthur.

“Invisible creatures?” Said this time rook. Again, the bombardment of questions seemed to begin. He took a deep breath and began to explain.

“Thousands of little creatures....”

-----------

It was a while since the class was over. Mefzar, Askar and Bill also woke up during the lesson, but they had their breakfast at a different table so as not to disturb them.

Arthur sat with Elda and took a coffee break after class. Now Arthur was going to be a student and Elda was going to be a teacher. Things had turned around. When their coffee break was over, they moved to a quiet corner in the lobby. They told Darkis to come too, but she refused, saying that no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't understand.

“As you know, there are 108 well-known word spells.” said. When they first met in the North, Elda had given him a book, and all his vocabulary was based on them. 'I should buy some books on this subject,' he thought. Arthur.

Elda took out a piece of paper and a pen from her Enchanted pouch. And he began to draw some symbols on paper.

“This is cold, this is hot, this is this flame, this is ice, this is flying, this is wind…..” Elda started counting about 20 symbols, and Arthur was considering how to keep them all in mind.

Elda will have understood this situation of Arthur.

"You don't need to memorize right now, I'm writing as an example"

“You know 108 of them,” he said.

"Of course, they're the simplest, and then things get complicated."

“How so?” he said.

“After learning the 108 word magic symbols, you can combine them, for example, if you combine cold and wind, you get an effect like a blizzard.” Arthur remembered learning this in the north. He had even heard from the elf they had met on the Road how good Elda was at this job. “I have a good teacher,” he said, and continued to listen to Elda.

“You can use word spells both in rune making, and you can use them directly by animating symbols in your mind.” said.

“Uch,” said Elda, looking at the glass.

And the glass took off. It floated off the table for a bit, then was placed back on the table. Arthur could have had the same effect with stone manipulation, but the glass in front of them was made of glass and he couldn't do that.

“This is it,” he said.

"Well, if we embroider on shoes as runes, wouldn't we be able to fly?" said Arthur.

"It's not that easy, I can just lift an object from the ground using [uch], and the bigger the object I use the spell, the more mana I spend, and I used pure mana to steer it, if I tried to do it with pure mana, it would have to spend a lot of mana."

He said, "Well, other word spells, can't you supply with them?"

“I didn't say it's impossible anyway, it's possible, even such shoes are made, but you have to be quite adept at word magic. And it's pretty expensive,” Elda said.

So their long conversations continued. As Arthur listened to Elda, he began to think that word spells were like computer codes. These word spells seemed to tell mana what to do. If he had studied coding, Arthur thought, he could do wonders. When they reached the end of their lesson, she stood up in hand.

“We should get you books on word magic,” Elda said.

“I was thinking about that too.” said Arthur.

"Why don't we go now, there's a little more time before it gets dark so we can go back," said Elda.

“It would be fine, I can read it in the evening,” he said.

Arthur put on the coat he had taken out of his pouch. These enchanted pouches were so useful that Arthur didn't know what to do if he went back to his old world. They went to Mefzar and the others.

“Mefzar, we're going to the bookstore, I want to buy some books,” said Arthur.

Mefzar raised his head. And he looked at Arthur with Elda

"Be careful we still don't know who followed us yesterday," he said.

Askar also turned and said, "Don't come back with a stab wound on your back."

“Don't worry, we'll be careful,” said Elda, and the two of them started walking out of the Inn. The Carriage they were planning to sell was still standing by the inn. The team had given up on selling it for reuse during the Aster journey, but it wasn't well suited for city travel. For this reason, when the team was going to go somewhere, they generally preferred to walk.

As Arthur walked along the road, he saw several low-level water mages clearing the roads of snow. Arthur was still amazed that mages worked in such simple interiors. But life was hard and that's how they made money.

Soon they came to a bookstore. They pushed the door and the bell hung above the door rang as they entered, and the old elf sitting behind the counter lifted his head from the book he was reading and looked at Elda and Arthur who had come in through the Door. Then he closed the book in his hand and stood up.

“Welcome, is there anything I can help you with or would you like to take a look for yourself?” said Adam.

“We were looking at books on word magic.” said.

“Aha word magic…” he muttered.

“Everything about 'word magic' is on that shelf over there,” he said, pointing to the shelf with the books.

Arthur and Elda walked over to the shelf the man was pointing to. Elda immediately began to study the books. He took a book and held it out for Arthur to hold. Elda continued to give Arthur the books she liked. When Arthur had 7 books, Elda looked at Arthur and said, "I think that's enough."

Arthur nodded. He had a feeling that he would use the books as well.

The man did some counting on his head when they put the books on the counter in front of him.

After the man studied what the books were

“All for 2 gold.” he said.

Arthur took out 2 gold coins from his purse and handed it to the man. And they came out of the bookstore. Prices were quite different than in the north.

“Wasn't it very cheap? It seems like it was more expensive in the north.”

“Arthur, a normal worker can work for a year but earns two golds,” Elda said.

Arthur finally realized that he was one of the richest of this world. He met the team as soon as he came to this world. And adventurers were earning a hefty amount of gold that comes with risk. But normal workers barely earned 10-20 silvers a month.

Arthur thinking about how lucky he was. They started to walk on the road, just then a carriage stopped beside them. Arthur recognized the carriage immediately. It was Lady Elise's carriage. The door opened and lady Elise came down.

"Hello, what are you doing here" said lady Elise

"We've come to buy some books on word magic," said Arthur.

“It is a great coincidence that I met you, and I was on my way to the inn to meet you.” said

“Is there a problem in the sale of coffee”

“No, on a different matter. Let's go together if you want," said Lady Elise.

“Sure,” said Arthur, looking at the hand.

They got on the carriage and made their way to the inn.

-------

The whole team gathered around the table. They were wondering what the news of Lady Elise was. Lady Elise cleared her throat and began to speak.

“If I'm not mistaken, you had a follower yesterday”

“How do you know?” said Arthur, surprised.

“If I'm doing business in manumit, I should at least know the status of my partners,” said lady Elise.

"Do you know who they are," said Mefzar, still angry with himself for missing the follower.

“I got some news from a couple of my guys,” she said. After taking a deep breath, he began to explain.

"Arthur, I told you about the Red Roses rivals, didn't I?" she said.

“Were they gold hoarders?” said Arthur Lady Elise, trying to remember their conversation.

“Yes they lost a lot by selling the Coffee north early, Gold Hoarders have an unofficial partnership with a gang called the Red Dragons in manumit. When the coffee thing exploded, they ordered the gang to investigate who was out of it. The man following you was probably their man.” said Lady Elise.

Team Mefzar and those following Arthur had finally figured out who he was. But there was something Arthur didn't understand.

“How can they be connected, how can city authorities allow it”

“Manumit's underground organizations have the finger and support of the 4 kingdoms. and the red dragons are linked to Compadia”

“Well, can they do something dangerous for us?”

"I don't think so, but be careful." said Lady Elise

“Thanks, we appreciate you letting us know,” Mefzar said.

Lady Elise got up from the table after fulfilling her purpose of coming.

After saying "I have work to do, see you again" she left the inn.

 

Chapter 22

 

When Arthur opened his eyes, he realized that he was alone in the room. Rook was probably waking up earlier than himself and having breakfast with Darkis and Elda.

"What subject should I talk about in class today", muttering to himself, he walked towards the closet where the clothes were. After changing, he left the room and walked towards the stairs leading to the Lobby.

*tap tap tap

He quickly descended the stairs. When he landed in the lobby, he encountered a familiar sight. Darkis and Elda were chatting and having breakfast with Old Mike. He started walking towards the table where they were sitting.

"Good morning." said.

Hearing Arthur's voice, the trio turned towards Arthur.

“Good morning to you too, young man, you're early,” said old Mike.

“Not as many as before me,” said Arthur, pointing to Elda and Darkis.

When Darkis couldn't see Rook next to him, he wondered and asked.

“Where is Rook?” he said.

“I thought he was with you, his bed was empty when I woke up.” said Arthur.

“He never came down,” she said.

"I saw him go out to use the back restroom before you got up, didn't he come back?" said Old Mike.

There was a strangeness. "I'll check outside," said Arthur, a little worried.

“Wait, I'll come too,” said Darkis. Elda also got up and the three of them walked briskly to the back garden door and opened the door and went out.

“Rook,” said Arthur as he made his way to the bathroom. But his shout was not answered.

When they got very close to the toilet, they saw the marks of struggle in the snow on the ground.

“Fuck,” said darkis.

“Someone took him,” said Arthur.

“Let's not decide right away, maybe he fell and the marks on the floor were caused by him. Let's look for an inn first,” Elda said.

"Okay, I'll look upstairs, and I'll wake our people up," said Arthur, nodding. Wishing that what he had in mind would not happen, he left them and walked up the stairs to his room on the second floor.

He entered the room where he was staying with Rook first. The room looked empty, yet he called out rook. He looked under the beds, in the wardrobes, but he wasn't there. Then he went out of his own room into the hallway to wake up Mefzar and the others in the next room. he opened the door to the room.

"Hey," he said, seeing no sign of waking up, and slamming the open door with his hand and shouting louder.

"HEY".

All 3 of them jumped out of their beds.

"What the fuck Arthur" said Askar

“Rook is missing. We found some tracks outside. Wake up and see, I think he's been kidnapped,” said Arthur.

As soon as the three understood the seriousness of the incident, they immediately jumped out of their beds. While the others were getting dressed, Arthur took one last look at his own room to make sure, but there was no one in the room. The event he didn't want to think about was getting closer and closer to reality.

When the three of them went out into the corridor, they showered Arthur with questions.

“Where does it track” “How was it kidnapped?”

“I don't know, I came here as soon as I found the tracks,” said Arthur.

“Where did you find the traces?” Mefzar said, completely throwing sleep out of his mind.

"In the backyard."

The four of them immediately descended the stairs and went to the backyard.

“Was he in the room,” said darkis.

Arthur shook his head no. The group's tracking expert was Mefzar. He began to examine the tracks on the ground and in the snow. He touched the footprints with his hand. Mefzar was using some kind of skill that Arthur didn't know.

“He was kidnapped, they were two people, they were quickly caught and separated.”

“The gang Lady Elise mentioned did it,” Bill said.

“If they did anything, I will kill them” darkis.

"Control your nerves, or you'll slow us down," said Mefzar. In normal times, Mefzar was like a regular member, but in times of crisis, he turned into a total leader. After Darkis had calmed down a bit, he spoke.

"Okay I'm cool, what are we going to do now" said darkis

“We need to go to Lady Elise and find out the hideout of this gang. If their level is beyond our height, we should seek help.”

Mike, who came in after no one noticed, was listening to what was being said.

“You included me in the plan, I was very getting used to my green friend. "

Everyone's heads turned to Mike. Although the team did not know the exact level of Mike, they thought he was over 40.

"It's not your business," said Mefzar.

“If they kidnap someone in my inn, it's my problem now,” he said firmly.

Realizing that the old man was final in his decision, Mefzar nodded.

“Okay, first we need to find out their hiding place,” Mefzar said.

“Arthur, Askar, go with the horses to the Red Roses and find out where they are, and in the meantime, let's prepare for the fight,” he said.

As soon as Arthur and Askar received the order, they moved towards the stable with the horses.

Others began to prepare Potions and other weapons.

------

Manumit streets echoed with the hooves of 2 horsemen. Arthur had learned to ride in the north. Even though he was still not well, his horses could steer in any direction he wanted without falling off the horse. The route to the Red roses guild was not that central, so it would be empty at this time of the morning. Therefore, they came to the front of the red roses guild without wasting time.

They climbed the stairs in two strides and pushed the door and entered. The receptionist was sitting at his desk.

"Is Lady Elise in her room," said Arthur hastily.

“Yeah but what--” Before the receptionist could finish, Arthur started walking towards Lady Elise's room. Askar was right behind him. The receptionist was stunned.

When the gate guards saw the swift arrivals, he knew there was something urgent. Knowing Arthur and Askar as well, he immediately opened the door. When the door opened, Lady Elise looked up from the papers she was examining and saw Arthur and Askar in the hallway. She stood up and walked to the door.

"What's up, what's the fuss," said Lady Elise.

“Rook has been kidnapped.”

“Goblin friend? When" "

“This morning, do you know the location of the Headquarters of the gang you were talking about yesterday?” said Arthur hastily.

Lady Elise gestured to the guard standing at the door for her to close her door.

After the door is closed

“Yes, they have the biggest building of the “no mice allowed” street in the east of manumit.

“But what do you intend to do?” he said.

“Of course we will save him,” Askar said.

“Do you know anything about his powers,” said Arthur.

“Usually under 20, but I know they have around 10 people between 20-30 and their leader is in the middle of 30 levels,” he said.

When Arthur and Askar thought they had all the information they could get, they rose to Leave.

When she realized that they were going to Lady Elise, she called Mark. The door opened and Mark, one of Lady Elise's personal bodyguards, entered.

He said "my lady"

“Help them,” he said.

Mark nodded without asking any questions.

“It's not your thing,” Askar said.

"It was my job when I started cooperating with you. I would like to send more men, but if they find out that I had a hand in the attack, we could be in bigger trouble".

Arthur nodded, as if to say I understand, then they walked out with Mark.

They had to get on horses and tell the team what they had learned quickly.

---------

In the morning, when Askar and Arthur learned of the gang's location and returned, the Team gathered to create an action plan.

"We can't dive with our eyes closed. First, we need to go to a place that sees this 'ratless street', and we make the plan there," said Mefzar.

The team nodded in agreement with Mefzar's words.

"Let's not be too late, we don't know what they're doing to him right now," said Darkis, his voice clearly showing how worried he was.

Askar put his hand on darkis's shoulder.

"Don't worry, we'll save him safely." said.

“Everybody get ready, first of all, we need to find a high building that sees this street as soon as possible. We're going out in 10 minutes,” Mefzar said.

After everyone checked their healing potions, armor, and weapons, 8 people came out of the inn and started walking towards the "ratless street" located in the East of manumit.

-------------------------------

1 hour later they were in a tall building with a view of the "ratlesless street". Mefzar's hawk eyes were watching what was happening in the tallest building on the street.

 

Chapter 23

 

When Rook opened his eyes, he found himself in a room lit by a single lamp. He blinked to regain himself. He was trying to make sense of where he was. He had woken up in the morning and was going to go to the bathroom for breakfast without waking Arthur. He suddenly remembered what happened next. He had been kidnapped. Two black-clad men covered his mouth with something, and then it was dark.

When he tried to move his hands and feet, he saw that he was tightly tied to the chair he was sitting in.

He was able to make a "Hey" sound. Finally.

But it seemed like there were only walls that heard that sound

He listened more carefully this time. He seemed to hear some voices behind the door next to the lamp. Although Rook tried to understand what they were saying. It was incomprehensibly low. He finally realized that there was nothing he could do. And he began to wait.

*sip, sip, sip

Water was dripping on the floor from one side of the room. And as nothing had happened for ten minutes, he was focused on it. Then his stomach growled. “I wonder how long it's been,” he thought, feeling hungry.

Ever since he joined this team and became Arthur's assistant, he had gotten used to the comfort. There used to be times when he didn't eat for 3 days, but now he was living a life that he couldn't even dream of eating 3 meals a day, drinks.

After 30 minutes of tedious waiting, the door opened. And 2 Dragon-men entered.

The first thing that caught Rook's attention was his clothes. Growing up on the streets of Manumit, you could tell by the clothes you had to stay away from. Men dressed in black from head to toe would usually disappear during the day. But when it was night, they would show up especially in the poor streets. Goblins' nightmares, Gangs.

“Oh, our goblin friend has finally awakened.” He said sarcastically.

“I don't know why you kidnapped me, I didn't do anything,” said Rook.

"Look, I'm not sure about that, what was that thing they uncovered."

“Coffee,” said the man next to him.

“Huh, coffee, you were staying with the team promoting the coffee, even a maid knows a few things,” she said.

Rook finally understood why he was here. This was the gang that followed Arthur and Mefzar, and they had kidnapped him for information.

“I am not their servant, I am part of the team,” she said.

The two burst into laughter as if they just heard the funniest thing they've ever heard.

“You, a goblin, are on an adventurer team hahah,” said the Dragon-man. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

“Yes,” he said seriously.

When the men's laughter ceased, they suddenly became serious.

“We are not playing games here, tell us everything you know, who is in the team, where did this coffee idea come from, is there any other product like this”

Rook was a little afraid of the man's demeanor, but chose to remain silent.

“What's wrong, you're not talking,” said the man, and looked into the rook's eyes, bringing his head close to the rook's.

With an unexpected movement, the man punched Rook. Goblins were usually smaller than a normal human or dragon-man under 150cm. The dragon-man's fist knocked the rook aside, along with the chair it was attached to.

“Aah,” rook screeched. Lying on his side, tied to a chair, he realized that several of his teeth had been broken by the blow. His mouth was full of blood. He spat.

The dragon man grabbed the chair and sat it straight again.

“We have a long day ahead of us, my friend, and you will definitely talk,” he said.

---------

“We're not even sure he's there,” Askar said.

“Yes, we are not sure, when we beat their leader well, we will find out his location and it will save us the trouble of searching.” said darkis

"Okay okay let's focus on the plan"

They were inspecting the gang's headquarters on top of an abandoned high-rise building that overlooked the rat's street.

“Yeah what are we doing,” said darkis.

“Right now, it seems like they're not all in the center, probably more men will come when it gets dark, so we have to attack before it gets dark,” Mefzar said.

"What are we going to do with their leader, he's in the mid-30s, who will take care of him." said Arthur.

“You leave the leader to me,” said old Mike.

“Okay, as for the lineup, we have to surround the Building on all four sides, but first we need to expose their leader. If anyone comes face to face with him, it will be hard to bear,” Askar said.

“Why don't two people go through the front door and threaten their leader, which might piss him off and expose him,” said Arthur.

“It might work” Mefzar

“Then old mike and I will go through the front door, you Elda and Bill will attack from the right side of the building, and you Askar and darkis from the left, Arthur and Mark will attack from behind,” he said.

"Let's get ready now, everybody take their positions in half an hour, I don't want these scumbags to detain Rook for another minute"

Everyone left to do their final checks.

Arthur was currently a level 18 mage. Even though he wasn't fighting a real enemy, he was also considered well versed in Earth and flame manipulation. But he wasn't sure if he was ready for the battle ahead.

--------

“Do you still really think they will come for you?” said the Dragonman.

Rook's face was unrecognizable from the blows he received. The punching process had been going on for a long time.

Finally, the man's words began to seep into his head like a venomous snake.

“What am I to them, an ordinary goblin they found on the road, would they really fight a gang supported by the Compodia kingdom for me?” he thought.

But Arthur's lessons, the celebrations they had together, the laughter he had with the team came with these thoughts.

Finally, the man who punched the rook must have gotten bored and walked away from the rook.

“Okay, the foreplay is too long, you asked for it,” he said.

The man knelt down and took a leather-covered toolbox from his enchanted pouch. And he threw it to the ground. The purpose of the toolbox was not difficult for Rook to understand. The real torture would begin now. The dragon-man took a hammer out of his alte bag.

When Rook saw the instruments, he began to tremble with fear. His vision was already weakened by the blows he received, and he saw his surroundings hazy. When the man came towards him with a pull in his hand, he was very scared.

The man started walking slowly towards the rook.

“Are you ready?” he said with a devilish smile.

The man lifted the hammer to hit the rook's knees. Just then, the only door in the room swung open and someone came in.

"Didn't I tell you not to bother me," he said angrily as he turned to the door with a tug in his hand.

“Important, Boss, we have a problem”

"What happened"

"The men we've been following have come, saying that if we don't deliver the Goblin to them, they're going to raze this place to the ground."

“Who do they think I am,” he said.

And they left the room with the other dragonmen, leaving the rook in the room.

Rook's eyes filled with tears when he heard the news. All the punching and torture hadn't shed a tear from his eyes, but the news that the team had come to his rescue made him cry like a child.

Chapter 24

 

Mefzar and Old mike were waiting for leader to come outside at the Gate of the 'Gang of Red Dragons'. It wasn't long before the man who went to inform their leader had gone inside. The other members of the team and the mark were already around the Building and in their agreed positions. If they started a fight, everyone knew what to do.

Finally, the tall, black-clad Dragon man walked out the door.

“It means you are the one threatening to demolish this building,” he said.

"We're not here to talk nonsense, hand over our teammate and we will leave," he said.

"What if I don't," he said.

“Then you start talking to me,” said old Mike. These events had stripped him of the repetitive days, returning him to the years in which his blood was boiling.

“Well, who are you?” he said.

“I own the inn where the goblin you kidnapped is staying at,” he said rather emotionlessly.

“Are you fucking kidding me!” shouted, and he drew his sword and started running towards Old Mike.

Old mike pulled out the two knives resting on his back.

“Hah, like old times,” he said and parried the coming blow.

As Old Mike and the gang leader began to fight, Mefzar took off his bow, inserted an arrow, and stepped back to better aim.

Mefzar aimed at the people standing at the door with his arrow and shot the first arrow.

Not expecting events to develop so quickly, the Gang members focused on watching the old man fighting head-to-head with their Leader. But the arrow that flew towards them cut through this distraction like a knife and knocked someone down. Others Just took cover behind the door.

-----------

Hearing the clashes, the other team members also took action without wasting any time.

Arthur and mark headed towards the rear structure. While making the plan, Arthur had learned that Mark was a sword wielder. Mark had smashed the back door with a kick. He put his sword in the Enchanted pouch and took out a knife instead. Using a sword indoors and in narrow corridors was a real pain in the ass. Arthur was also ready to do the Fire manipulation and the earth manipulation in case someone might show up at any moment.

When the door slammed backwards, they saw the gang member in charge of guarding the back door.

The man did not expect such a thing.

"We're under attack," he shouted as he charged towards Mark.

Mark parried the blow without leaving the man much of a chance, then delivering a fatal blow to his neck. When the man was late in meeting, blood started gushing from his neck like a waterfall.

“Let's move on, the others are in the Building,” said Mark, and he leaped over the struggling Dragon-human whose throat he had just slit.

Arthur was amazed by Mark's composure. He followed Mark, saying, 'This man has definitely seen war before.'

They would continue on down the narrow corridor. A door through which the mark passed opened, and a man from inside attacked the mark's back.

Without thinking, Arthur sent a fireball towards the gang member.

“Aaaah!” she screamed as the fireball hit her back.

Hearing this, Mark turned around. And he struck a stab at the man who ate the fireball and writhed in pain.

“Thanks,” said Mark.

Realizing that there was no need for further quarrels between them, they began to continue down the corridor. When they reached the end of the corridor, they encountered the other members of the Team. They also looked like they had passed a few minor hurdles on their way here.

"Let's search every room," said Darkis.

“Let's search every room, we'll look upstairs,” said Darkis.

“Okay, we'll look at the ground floor,” said Arthur.

"We are on this floor, then," said elda

The team quickly began to search for the places they had determined.

Arthur and mark found the stairs leading down and began their slow descent into the basement.

Arthur summoned a flame to his hand, lighting it up.

The basement consisted of a corridor surrounded by doors left and right. There were about a dozen doors. From above still came the sound of the blades hitting each other.

“I think we need to check them all one by one,” said Arthur.

Mark nodded and kicked the first door to his right. Arthur watched in admiration, not understanding how Mark had kicked in huge doors.

The first door was knocked back. Behind the destroyed door, it was like some kind of warehouse with shelves on the wall. And on these shelves were bottles of Elixir of different colors and sizes. It looked like the place where the gang kept the potions.

When they realized that what they were looking for was not in that room, they went out and tried the room opposite. When the door was broken, the scene behind surprised Arthur.

“What the fuck is this?”

In front of them was a prison surrounded by iron bars. Behind the iron bars 20 prisoners, mostly Goblins, were cramped.

"The tactic of the gangs is that they usually kidnap goblins and snatch money from their families," he said, seeing that Arthur couldn't understand.

“Fuck this” By walking towards the cell where the prisoners are being held.

The prisoners also seemed to be trying to understand what had happened. As Arthur came towards the Door, his eyes were filled with hope for a moment.

Arthur picked up a small stone from the ground and placed it where the Key would come from. When he expanded the stone with soil manipulation, the Iron lock shattered and fell to the ground.

"You're free, get out of this shithole as soon as possible"

When the prisoners stared at Arthur and stood still

“Fast!” he shouted.

Arthur's shout woke them all at once.

“Use the back door,” he said after them, just as they were all about to go out the door.

Mark watching events from the corner

"We have to be fast," he said

Arthur nodded in agreement. While checking all the doors, they found 2 more such places, and after Arthur quickly liberated them, there was only one door left.

Mark smashed the door and it slowly fell over.

The scene behind him was a sight that both Arthur wanted to see and was shocked to see.

Rook with his hands and feet tied to a chair, his face and clothes covered in blood

Arthur hurried to the rook. He seemed unconscious.

“Roook!” he shouted, waving at his collar.

Rook's eyes opened, albeit slowly.

“Arthur,” Rook whispered.

“Thank God,” he said, seeing that he was well.

Arthur quickly took a healing potion from his enchanted pouch and poured it into Rook's mouth. When he finished the whole bottle, he cut the ropes connecting his hands and feet with a knife. It could take 2-3 minutes for the healing potion to take effect.

“We can't wait any longer, we have to get you to a safe place. I'll take you on my back now.” Arthur said.

--------

Another dagger strike had left its mark on the Gang leader's back. His body was full of cuts.

“Who are you really, old man,” said the Gang leader.

“Don't you have any manners, you should introduce yourself first before asking someone who they are,” said old Mike.

“I am Gartun, the leader of the Red dragons,” he said, panting.

“Oh Gartun, okey I guess, I can give you my name They call me lone wolf back in the days”

“Wait you are the lone wolf” Gartun's eyes widened. The youth may have forgotten, but He was remembered. One-man team lone wolf, who goes to the most dangerous places of the north without a team

“We only got one goblin, why so much backlash?” Gartun asked, his hopes of victory completely gone. He already knew that his opponent was playing with him.

They had been fighting for 10 minutes, but he had failed to strike the old man a single blow. He could also hear the sounds of clashes from the gang building.

“One goblin, Look, you're wrong here. The goblin You Kidnapped was no ordinary goblin. He was part of a team and they didn't let go of those team members that easily”

Finally, the goblin's words came to mind, and the goblin had indeed spoken the truth. A goblin had joined an adventurers team.

He put down the sword in his hand

“Fuck my luck”

“Go ahead old man Finish it . I know I have no chance against you.”

Just then, a group that Ratless Street had not seen for a long time began to surround the street,

City guards.

 

Chapter 25

 

Ratless Street, perhaps, saw more City guards together than he had ever seen in its history. The guards surrounded the entire street in a circle. A few robberies and a few murders in the back streets of Manumit didn't interest the City guards that much, but if the 2 groups were fighting each other in the city, they had to step in. Darkis' fireballs were about to set the Gang's upper floor on fire.

A guard, whose armor proved to be expensive, turned towards those in front of the Gang building and shouted.

“Stop this madness immediately, And drop your weapons.”

Gang leader Gartun was delighted to see his saviors. If he continued to fight Lone Wolf any longer, he would bleed to death. And maybe his compadian connections could get him out of this mess.

"Okay okay, I'm unarmed and surrendering," he said as he walked towards the City guards.

The guard this time turned to Mefzar and Old Mike and shouted.

“You too,” he said. His voice had a certainty.

“I think there was a misunderstanding. These scumbags kidnapped one of our team. We are here to save him,” said Mefzar, turning to the rank city guard.

“It's none of my business. I'm following orders. My orders are to capture those who turned the city into a battlefield and bring them back to headquarters. Now surrender and don't repeat what I said,” said the City guard.

"Okay, let's just let it go and listen to what they say, doing otherwise will get us in bigger trouble." Old mike said while putting his hand on Mefzar’s shoulder.

"As you say," he said

“Hey, get out, city guards here!” shouted Mefzar, turning towards the Building.

Before long, a few gang members who were hiding began to slowly emerge from the front door. They had weapons in their hands. They thought it might be a game. But as soon as they saw the city guards, realizing it was the truth, they dropped their weapons and rushed towards the city guards to surrender.

Then Arthur and Mark came out with the goblin they were looking for on his back.

Even though the healing potion had begun to take effect, the scars were still visible, even though his wounds were healed.

Mefzar ran towards Arthur.

“Is he okay?”

“Yes, he was tortured, but I gave him a healing potion,” he said. Arthur.

When Mefzar heard this, he got even angrier. But the man who did this was behind the City guards. And he was looking right at them and grinning.

“Motherfucker,” he said, and spat on the ground.

“Come on, I can't wait for you all day.” said the head of the guards.

He said, "Let the whole team gather, we will surrender together, give 2 minutes".

Before long, the rest of the team joined them. Every member who came in was having a flash of anger when they saw Rook's state.

Rook was now at a level to walk under the effect of the healing potion, but the hits he took were still visible, albeit in pink color. It would take a little longer for them to heal.

“Thank you guys,” said Rook. His eyes were filled with tears.

"You don't need to thank us, we would have done the same thing to anyone from the team," said the soldier.

The team started walking towards the senior city guard.

When a guard next to the rank city guard saw that they had not put down their weapons,

“your weapons”

"We will not leave our weapons in anyone's hands, be thankful we came with you," said Mefzar, very angry with what happened.

Just as the guard was about to say something, the senior guard cut him off with his hand.

"Enough, you're coming with us to the center." It looked like he was trying to close the case without losing a single guard.

Gartun's direct surrender made his job much easier. As soon as he heard the name of the gang, he understood that the city administrators were involved. Every high-level guard knew that some gangs were untouchable. This made things very complicated. And tasking with such a task was like pulling the short stick in the center. He wanted it to go smoothly for him, and he wasn't going to let a guard ruin it.

After getting the last people to hide from the fighting in the gang house

“We're going to the center!” shouted the high-ranking guard, and the great City guard sprang into action.

Everyone was watching as the crowded guards walked down the street. This event had already begun to spread throughout the city.

—————

Half an hour later, Arthur and his team were seated in the great cell at the guards' main headquarters. The gang members were kept in a different part of the building so that there would be no incident.

Everyone was enjoying themselves. They had achieved their goal, they had saved the rook.

Rook, on the other hand, was completely part of the team. It was as if he had found his lost family. He was speechless with excitement at the usually silent affair with the rook.

“You came just in time, the gang leader had taken out his real torture devices, just as I was about to hit my kneecap with a hammer, at the last moment someone entered the room and intervened”

Rook was excited to tell the team what had happened through his own eyes. While the team tried not to show it as they listened, it looked like they were plotting to capture the gang leader who tortured Rook.

A man of rank came to the cell where they were held.

“What you told matches what we found, you can go”

He nodded to the guard standing at the door of the cell, and the guard opened the locked door.

A high-ranking human guard staring at the team exiting the cell door.

"This time we're letting you because your friend kidnapped, but it won't happen next time"

"What about Gartun, what will be his punishment?"

“The city council will determine the sentence”

It looked like it was going to get pretty political.

The city council consisted of the nobles of the 4 kingdoms. And the capture of gartun left Compodia defenseless against the other 3 kingdoms.

The team left the building and made their way to the inn.

---------

------------

The 'adventurers' house' inn was hosting a banquet. Rook had survived unharmed. Old Mike told the cook to prepare a big meal and the result was fantastic.

Mark had left the team to tell Lady Elise what had happened.

Rook, on the other hand, ate and drank as much as he could.

After the team ate their meals, the tiredness of the exciting day began to settle on the team. Everyone went to their rooms to sleep.

Rook and Arthur retired to the room and lay on their beds.

“Hey Arthur,” said Rook, as Arthur tried to sleep.

“Yeah rook”

"You're not from this world, are you?"

Arthur was stunned by this unexpected question. But after thinking about it, it was clear that they had left a lot of clues for Rook. He finally admitted defeat.

"I'm sorry we were going to tell you," said Arthur Embarrassed.

“Don't apologize, it made sense what you did but you left a little too many clues,” he said with a slight smile.

“So what did it give away, weird devices or lessons?” said Arthur.

“They have it, but” he hesitated.

"Arthur, do you know what it's like to be a goblin"

Arthur paused to continue.

“Because the goblins' bodies are not strong, they are neither good at fighting nor in combat. And we can't win in any area, so we are at the bottom of the food chain.

Even as the team tries to hide it, there is a subconscious aspect of their Augmentation that still see as goblins useless. and they are the good ones at least trying to get out of it. but you're different, you didn't even look at me that way when you first saw me. Then I joined the team. I waited for that look, but it never came. ”

Arthur was a little emotional.

Rook continued.

“Hey Arthur, do you think Goblins can really stand on par with the Other Races?” he said.

Arthur thought for a moment.

He said, "I come from a different world but do you know what kind of world I come from?"

“What kind of world did you come from? ' said Rook.

“We are not much different from the goblins you described, where I come from, we can neither use levels nor use magic. But we have made weapons that will destroy Cities in the blink of an eye. We sent Men to the moon in the sky and brought them back. , we've built devices that can talk face-to-face with people thousands of kilometers away In the blink of an eye. So yes, goblins don't lack anything.”

It was the first time Rook had heard Arthur speak in such detail about where he came from.

Arthur would have realized a mistake he had made.

“Rook, can we keep that city-destroying weapon a secret, I don't want it to exist in this world,” said Arthur.

“Okay,” Rook was able to say.

Then they both fell into the arms of sleep.

[Level 20 Mage]

[Greater manipulation skill gained]

Arthur sprang back from the bed. And he wanted to share his excitement with Rook, but when he saw that Rook was sleeping, he quietly went back to sleep.

 

Chapter 26

 

Arkasti was a member of the city council that Compadia appointed to manumit. And this morning he wasn't happy at all. The events that took place yesterday had put the compadia's hand in Manumit a little bit tight spot.

He was on his way to attend the meeting with his aide next to him in the corridors of the great building the council used to run the city.

“Fools,” he said at last.

“If you're abducting someone, at least make sure you can beat them, right, they don't want me to retire before I get into trouble,” he said.

It was only a few months before he returned to his own fiefdom again, after which another noble in the kingdom would take over his duties on the manumit council.

"They didn't know either, sir, they thought it was their servant, so they kidnapped a goblin."

“Enough, don't defend them, we are at a disadvantage against other kingdoms because of their mistakes. Do they think I don't know what they're doing underhand?" Arkasti said with fury.

Normally, the gang was supposed to stay out of sight. But Gartun and his gang were engaged in many illegal activities.

“What about Gartun, sir,” said his assistant.

Although Gartun was not a very important person, he had an above-average level, losing him would be a loss for the compadia.

“Let's get him exiled to Compodia”

By this time they had arrived at the door of the meeting room. Arkasti took a deep breath and opened the door and stepped inside.

Other royal nobles were already gathered at the table.

"You're pretty late, Arkasti," said the delegate from Aster. His face was with a grin.

“Oh, shut up Albert,” said Arkasti, and walked to his reserved chair.

“Let's get this over with,” he said after sitting in his chair.

The delegate of the elves stood up and began to speak.

“Yes, the reason for our gathering today is certain. What will we do about the red dragons, the gang caught yesterday?”

All eyes on the table turned to Arkasti.

“I demand that he be exiled to Compadia to serve their sentences,” he said.

“No no no, they committed the crimes in manumit why are we sending them to compadia,” Albert said.

Arkasti realized that Albert was deliberately pushing things uphill. He paused to see what the other kingdom delegates would say.

The minotaur delegate from Dowand wanted this event to be closed as soon as possible so that things would not prolong.

"I accept their deportation to Compadia," he said.

The decision was up to the elves.

The ruler of the Elves, however, was a Young-looking woman. But maybe she was the oldest person at this table,

"I agree with aster on this one"

"Are you really going to do this," said Arkasti, his anger evident.

When he realized that there was no need to stay in the room any longer, he got up from his seat and quickly left the meeting room.

They left the door and started walking down the corridor.

“Send message our guys at the city guard if they want to play, we'll play,” Arkasti said to his assistant.

His assistant nodded and left Askarti's side.

---------------------------------

“[Greater manipulation skill]”

"You're level 20 huh, you're leveling up incredibly fast arthur," said Darkis

"Anyone else level up?" said Arthur.

Mefzar put his hand up,

“Yeah, I am level 29 now”

This info made the team happier. Two people on the team had leveled up.

"Did you try? How strong have you become,” Elda asked as turning towards Arthur.

"I haven't had a chance to try yet, but I can feel it, my manipulation power has become much stronger than before," Arthur said.

When he gained a new skill, it was like a book had been opened in his mind. It was a kind of instinct that helped you understand how the Skill worked.

Just then, the door of the inn opened and Lady Elise and Mark entered.

“Can we get something too?” ' Lady Elise asked Mike. And he continued walking towards the table where the team was sitting.

“I am glad you are safe,” he said to Rook when she saw Rook.

“I want to thank you, Lady Elise and Mark,” said Rook.

“No need, protecting my business partners is part of the partnership after all,” she said.

Since Arthur knew Lady Elise has an information-gathering team, he thought that she might have some information about what happened in the City committee and Gartun's sentence,

“Any news about Gartun and the gang?” ' Arthur asked as Lady Elise and Mark sat at the table.

“That was one of the reasons I came.”

“The Compadians tried to drive Gartun into their own kingdom, but the Asters did not allow it, it is currently on hold”

“And is there a movement against us?” said Mefzar.

"Not at the moment also Compadia is looking for a way out of this mess, it seems unlikely that the arrows will turn towards you," said Lady Elise.

This answer gave the team some relief.

“Oh, by the way, we have sold all the coffee. I deposited all the money in your account”

"How much?," said Darkis

“12545 Gold When I get my share, it makes 10545 gold. You can look at the reports if you want,” he said.

Meanwhile, Mark took a few scrolls from his Enchanted pouch and handed them to Mefzar.

The team's eyes widened. No one on the team has ever had that much money before.

While the team was trying to digest the number they heard, Lady Elise and Mark's meals came. Old Mike also pulled up a chair and sat down.

“Everybody get 100 Golds, let's save the rest for the city,” Mefzar said.

This offer appealed to everyone.

"You're really going to build a city huh," said Old Mike

“Mike, why don't you come with us, I can design a special inn for you,” said Arthur.

The idea got Mike thinking. Although he loved Manumit, life in Manumit was slowly starting to lose its excitement.

The team must have liked this idea because they started trying to persuade him in unison.

“Yeah mike You're not too old for a bit of adventure,” Askar said.

“Yeah Come with us,” Bİll said.

"Give me time to think, it's so sudden," he said.

The team didn't push it any further.

After a late breakfast, Lady Elise and Mark got up to leave the Inn. Arthur stood up to walk with them to the carriages.

When they left the inn and came to the front of the carriages, Arthur turned towards Lady Elise.

“I know it will sound silly to you, but if you want, you can move your guild to the city we will build.”

Lady Elise was taken aback by this unexpected offer.

She was the owner of an already functioning Guild in Manumit. Why would she want to leave everything behind and embark on a journey full of risks and dangers? Such an offer was somewhat funny.

Arthur will have realized the absurdity of the offer.

“The idea of coffee won't be my last big money-making idea, I'm making this offer because we're happy with our partnership with you. Besides, the new city needs reliable trade guilds.” he continued.

"I'll think about it, there's plenty of time before you go on a trip, isn't it?" said Lady Elise.

“Of course you can think as much as you want, we have about 3 more months before we move on.”

As Lady Elise got in the carriage with Mark and drove away, Arthur had been immersed in the back of the driving carriage.

He made this offer without asking the team. But the city they were going to establish needed competent merchants to keep its economy afloat. If Lady Elise refused his offer, he would have to take the job himself. Besides, after founding the City, he was planning to make one of the first Economic revolutions this world had ever seen. If you had money in a city like this, you could make a lot of money. And after what lady Elise did for the team, it was perfectly normal for her to be the most deserving trader.

He broke away from these thoughts and turned towards the inn and started walking.

He was dying to try his newly acquired skill in the back garden of the inn.

------------------------

And time has become routine again for the Team. But it was not possible to say the same for Manumit. Arkasti's answer would completely change Manumit's underground environment.

Arthur's lessons and Magic studies continued unabated. And they came a little closer to the day of the Journey.

The passing time had taken the white color of the Ever-changing Earth and replaced it with green.

Chapter 27

 

"Hey ty wake up now"

“What… what happened”

“Something is happening in the city”

Tyler sat up in bed, wiping his eyes with his hand. And in the early hours of the morning, he looked at his friend who had caused this commotion.

“What's going on in the city? And why did you wake me up so early, Brand?

“I found our ticket to the north”

“I thought the gate wasn't open yet”

“No, my friend, it's a different way, and it's free”

“Brand, are you pissing with me, if you are, it's too early for that.”

Unable to stand it any longer, Brand held the parchment to Tyler's face.

Tyler's eyes widened as he read the scroll in Brand's hand. But then the light in his eyes slowly faded.

“Dude, they're looking for a city guard, you know my Class is [bard],” he said disappointed.

Tyler and Brand had met on the boat they used to cross the ocean, and they had been traveling together ever since. Tyler was a bard. And he wanted to see the north. Brand was looking for some adventure. And so they decided to travel together. When they came to Manumit, they were almost out of money. A few small jobs from the Adventurers guild had kept them alive, but it wasn't enough to go North.

“No, you idiot, read under it,” Brand said excitedly.

Tyler looked hopefully at the Scroll again.

“We need all kinds of Classes who want to join the Campaign.”

Tyler's eyes widened as he read these words. he jumped out of his bed and hugged Brand. their last money was also about to run out. And they had a golden chance to cross north.

When their emotions calm down a little.

“We need to get an interview first, they can only take a limited number of people,” Brand said.

“Where is it?” Tyler said, wanting to get his name written as soon as possible.

“In a place called the 'adventurer's house'. Interviews are starting tomorrow, but first, we have to get our name written. “

“What are we waiting for, let's go,” Tyler said as he walked to the closet to change.

The two of them left the cheapest inn they could find in Manumit and started walking down the street. They were holding a piece of bread from yesterday.

After asking a few directions, they also learned where the mentioned inn was.

Before long, they were already in front of the Inn, but the sight they saw made them a little discouraged.

The front of the inn's door was full of people.

“I guess we're not the first to hear about it,” Tyler said.

A Hawk-headed avian emerged from the door of the inn.

“First of all, I want to welcome you all, I, Mafzer, the leader of the expeditionary team, I know you are all in a hurry to get your name written, but let's do it in order, in order,” said

Hearing this, the crowd managed to stand in a row to get the attention of Mefzar.

Tyler and Brand also found their place at the end of the line. But soon the line was getting longer behind them with the new arrivals.

While we were waiting in line, Tyler opened the parchment to examine it in a little more detail and began to read.

There had been many teams going North in the past, but no one had taken such a route to recruit.

The scroll Wrote in capital letters that they were looking for a city guard. Just below it, it was written that All Classes can apply. City guards were looking for people who could fight over 10 lw.

One sentence caught his attention as Tyler was reading it.

“Any race can audition, including Goblins with a certain ability.”

Another strange thing is "City guards will receive 3 weeks of training and during this time Inclusive payments will be made".

Even during training, they would earn Money and this was an unprecedented offer.

As the line was advancing rapidly, they had come to the door of the inn. When the 2 of them came to enter the inn, they quickly entered through the open door.

Opposite them stood an elf and a human sitting at the Table.

“Yes, what are you going to apply for,” said the Human.

Brand approached the table where the human and elf were sitting.

“I was going to apply for the city guard,” he said excitedly.

“What is your class?”

"Swordmaster"

After the elf wrote down what was said on a piece of paper, the human looked at Tyler.

Tyler took a step forward as well, then spoke.

“Any class can join, right?” he said.

The human nodded.

“My class [bard['"

The human was surprised by this answer.

"You're the first bard to apply, and your two interviews are tomorrow at 2 o'clock," he said.

After the two left their names, they left the door of the Inn. They started walking on the street.

--------------

“Phuff, I didn't expect it to be this hard,” Arthur said after taking a deep breath.

“Yeah, it was pretty tiring,” said Elda.

“How many have applied, Elda,” said Arthur, wondering about the number.

“After looking at the papers on the Elda, 200 people applied to the City guards for 50 other classes.” she said.

“It's a pretty good number for the first day,” he said.

“Yeah, there was a lot of interest,” she said.

Old mike had made up his mind in the past two months. He was going to sell the inn and open an inn in the new city, of course, he was waiting for a beautiful design from Arthur.

Just then, Askar and bill opened the backyard door and went in.

“Is everything ready?”

“Yeah, it looks like it's ready for tomorrow,” Askar said.

They had been busy preparing the inn's backyard for use in tomorrow's city guard audition.

“I'm as hungry as a monster, is it ready to eat Mike,” said Bill

"Get to the table, everything's ready," said Mike.

Finally, the whole team gathered around the table. Before long, the inn's cook brought the food on large trays.

“Gabby, I'm so glad you're coming with us,” Bill said.

Gabby was a middle-aged dwarf woman who worked at Old Mike's inn. When Old Mike decided to move north, she had decided to come too.

“If you hadn't come, we should have come here periodically to eat your food,” Askar said.

“Haha, Thank you guys,” said Gabby, making her happy with the compliments she received.

The team, who couldn't stand the smell of the food any longer, quickly plunged into the food.

“Mefzar, have you spoken to Tahr?” said Arthur.

He said, "I spoke at noon, they have established a team of 285 people, everything is ready." The people who would work in the city construction were ready.

“What happened to the conversation with the Asters authorities?” Elda asked.

Since the journey took place via aster and there were almost 1000 people in the convoy, it was necessary to inform the Aster authorities of the action plan and get permission.

“We have a meeting tomorrow morning, Arthur and Askar. You're Coming with me. Seeing a few human races might speed things up,” Mefzar said.

"Did you hear ?" said Rook. Rook was doing the leaflet distribution business. They made deals with the unemployed goblins on the street. These leaflets were hung in all the streets of Manumit for a certain fee. Because of this, he was aware of a few things going on in the city.

“What?” said Arthur.

"They're caught in the gang of Elves"

"I think we helped the Manumit people unintentionally," said Mefzar with a laugh.

Two months had passed since the events with Gartun. And this event had a domino effect. When Compodia's offer of Exile was rejected, the Compodian City guards captured the leader of Aster's underground gang. After that, the elves and humans had captured the dowand's Gang and now the elves' gang had been captured. Manumit was probably living his cleanest period in terms of Gangs.

"Hey Arthur," Mefzar said after popping a bite of his food into his mouth.

"Yeah".

“Any news from Lady Elise?”

"I'm still waiting for his answer"

“She will not come, my friend, I think we are waiting in vain. Why should she leave this already organized place and come with us to a city that has not yet been built” said Askar

“If she doesn't come, she'll lose herself. I'm thinking of implementing many of the projects I had in mind when we built a new city,” said Arthur.

“Hahaha, Look, you're right about that,” said Darkis. The coffee business was completely successful thanks to Arthur and they had earned ten times their main money in 2-3 weeks.

When their meal was over, everyone took a cup of coffee and continued the conversation. Tomorrow a more tiring day awaits them than today. But there was no hopelessness because of anyone in the team, on the contrary, they were waiting for tomorrow with hope and excitement.

 

Chapter 28

Mark was walking down the hallway of the red roses guild with the coffee he made for Lady Elise. When she got to Lady Elise's room, she stopped and knocked on the door, then went in.

“Thanks Mark,” said Lady Elise, looking up from the papers in front of her.

Mark had long served Lady Elise and her family. In fact, before lady Elise came to Alwarti, she was the daughter of a baron in a small kingdom in the lands of a hundred kingdoms. Due to the internal turmoil in the kingdom, she and Mark had to flee to Alwarti.

Mark couldn't help after seeing lady Elise's thoughtful face.

“Still considering Arthur's offer, Lady,” said Mark.

“Yes, I've been thinking about this for the past two months, but I can't get out of it and now I have to decide”

Lady Elise paused, then looked at Mark.

“What do you think Mark? What do you think I should do?” said Lady Elise.

Mark was more of a family than a bodyguard to Lady Elise, and his ideas mattered to her.

“The proposal is ridiculous if we look at it objectively, but if this decision is pushing you that much, there must be something,” he commented.

“Mark, do you remember the skill I gained when I was level 30?”

“[potential vision],” said Mark. It was a very rare skill for traders. And this skill was the reason why the red roses guild in manumit had grown so much in such a short time.

“When I look at Arthur with Skill, I see it brighter than I've ever seen. But I'm not sure if this potential is strong enough to make me leave manumit,” said Lady Elise.

“Why don't you talk to him again? Maybe you can get some more information,” said Mark.

“You're right, what are they doing right now,” said lady Elise.

“They are recruiting City guards. They announced it to the whole city with posters. The whole city is talking about it,” said Mark.

"Was it Arthur's idea?" said.

“Most likely,” said Mark.

“Okay, let's stop by the inn tonight,” she said, and took a sip of her coffee.

--------------------

Mefzar, Arthur, and Askar had come to the City Council building to meet with the officials from Aster after breakfast at the Inn. The city council building consisted of 4 parts. Each kingdom had a division. There was also the Area where joint meetings were held.

The three of them came in front of the Aster building. Mefzar had come and made an appointment earlier. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to talk to Aster officials by waving your hand. As they climbed the stairs and entered the Hall of the Building, a young woman greeted them.

"Hello how can I help you?" she said.

“We had an appointment to see Lord Albert.”

The woman stood up after looking at a notebook.

“Mr. Mefzar right?” said

“Yes thats me.”

“Please leave your Enchanted pouches and weapons here,” she said.

After the three of them did what was asked, the woman said, "This way, please," making a gesture with her hand.

And they started walking down the corridor behind the woman. On the right and left of the corridor were some pictures for decoration and a carpet laid on the ground on the way they walked. Soon they came to a large door.

He said, "Please wait here while I report", and knocked on the door and entered.

“I hope it won't be a problem,” Askar said.

“Don't call it,” said Mefzar.

If they had trouble traveling through Aster, they would have to use the Runera, which would extend the journey by at least 3 weeks.

Before long, the receptionist came in and came out the door.

“It's waiting for you,” he said, and gestured for them to enter.

When Arthur walked in behind Mefzar, the room felt like a multi-millionaires' office in his own world. The room was quite large. And the bookcase opposite the window stretched to the ceiling. On the wall was a map of Alwarti. It was the first time Arthur had seen such a detailed map.

“Yes, how can I help gentlemen like you?” said Lord Albert. Pointing to the seats in front of his desk.

After bowing to Lord Albert, they took the seats shown.

They should have been informed why they were coming. But it was as if he wanted to listen to his requests face to face.

“First, let's start by introducing ourselves. I am the leader of a Silver plate team of adventurers. My name is Mefzar, these are my teammates Askar and Arthur.”

“Mefzar, silver plate” Lord Albert muttered the tomb's name several times.As if trying to remember something. Then he motioned with his hand to continue.

“We had a plan to build a city in the north. But the place we have chosen is a bit unorthodox, for it we have to pass through the land of Aster and use the Ships. We came to get a pass from Aster.” said Mefzar.

After Lord Albert had digested what he had heard,

“You are so brave, no one has tried it in a long time.”

“How many people are you talking about in a caravan?” he said.

“About 800 to 900”

Hearing the answer, he shook his head.

“Have you decided from which city you will board the ships”

“We haven't decided yet,” Mefzar said.

“Good, I don't know if you know, but my land is where the mountains and the ocean meet right now, my eldest son Paul is taking care of it, you can get help from him.”

Seeing this move of Albert, Mefzar nodded. Albert immediately calculated the benefit to his own lands if such an undertaking were successful.

“Of course, it would be best for us to use your land,” said Mefzar.

At this time, Arthur spoke up.

“Lord albert We had a plan to buy a few ships for the constant traffic of people. Do you have such ships?"

“Of course my son Paul will take care of this, I will let him know you are coming and you can talk to him about the details.”

Just as they were getting ready to get up, Lord Albert finally remembered where he had heard the name Mefzar.

“Aren't you the team that got that Compadian gang caught?” said Lord Albert.

Mefzar, Arthur, and Askar suddenly went cold.

“Yes, will that be a problem?” Mefzar said timidly.

“Hahaha, I never supported kingdoms getting involved in this gang business anyway. It's good you did."

Hearing this, the team instantly relaxed.

"Does that mean we've got the permission," Askar said.

“I don't see any problems at all,” Albert said.

Then he took out a Scroll from his desk, wrote something down, and pressed the seal that stood by the Desk.

Although Arthur didn't understand exactly what the seal was made of, he was sure it had something to do with mana. Mana was emanating from the seal.

“Here,” he said, and handed the scroll to Mefzar.

Receiving the scroll, Mefzar bowed and the trio left the room.

“Was it really necessary for me to come?” said Askari. He hadn't said a word the entire conversation.

“Yes, it was necessary. I'm sure your very presence here has changed Albert's mind. Do you think an avian could easily obtain clearance for a 1,000-man caravan in the land of Aster?” Mefzar said.

After Askar nodded as if to say I understood, the three of them walked quickly to the reception desk to get their Enchanted pouches.

--------------

It was noon when Arthur, Mefzar, and Askar arrived at the inn. And in an hour or two their first interview would begin. The other members of the team were sitting at an Interviews table and chatting.

“How did it go, did you get permission?” said Bill.

“Yes we did, but we were very lucky,” Askar said.

"What happened?" said Darkis curiously.

“He remembered Mefzar's name as being related to the compadia gang.” said the soldier.

“What?” said Elda.

“Yeah, we almost shit ourselves”

"What happened then."

“He didn't want kingdoms to be linked to gangs. so we were able to get the permit,” Askar said.

“Is everything ready for the interviews?” asked Arthur.

“Yes, we took a break, Darkis will take the names of the newcomers outside the door of the inn and we will use the inn lobby for interviews.” said Elda.

Chapter 29

 

“Come on, Tyler, we're running late,” Brand said.

 

It was a little past noon, but there was still enough time for them to catch up with the interviews. They were starting to walk out of their inn. On the way, they bought 2 pieces of bread for 2 coppers. They hadn't been able to eat properly for the past month.

 

“Okay buddy, I'm coming, calm down, we'll be on time,” Tyler said after popping a piece of bread into his mouth.

 

After they ate their bread, they quickened their pace. And soon they arrived in front of the inn where their Interview would take place.

 

There was a line in front of the inn as the name registrations were still ongoing. A table was set up in the courtyard of the inn, and a dragon-woman was taking their names.

 

At the door of the inn, a goblin was waiting with a paper in his hand. Tyler walked towards the Goblin.

 

“We came for interviews.” he said.

 

"What was your name?" said goblin while looking paper on his hand.

 

“Tyler and Brand”

 

The goblin searched for names from the list in his hand and looked up when he found it.

 

"Your interview starts in half an hour, please wait, I will call your names when the time comes," he said.

 

“Thanks,” Tyler said, and they left the goblin for a corner to wait.

 

The queue of name registrations was quite long. And that scared Tyler and Brand a little bit.

 

“I hope we get selected, man,” Brand said as he stared at the line.

 

"I think it's a little more difficult that I'm elected, it looks like they're going to get a lot of City guards," Tyler said.

 

While waiting, time flew by quickly and when the team inside came out, the goblin standing at the door read the names of Tyler and Brand.

 

The two immediately shrugged, hurried towards the inn, and entered.

 

There were 5 chairs, different from when they came to give their names. After making sure that all 5 people were inside, avian, who said he was the team leader, stood up.

 

“Thank you for your participation, please sit down,” he said.

 

After sitting in chairs half a meter apart, Tyler began to carefully examine the table across from him.

 

The scene in front of him was a bit strange. The teams that built cities in the north were usually made up of races formed by a single race or kingdom. But while this team took the names of a Dragon-woman at the door, the people sitting opposite consisted of an elf, an avian, a minator and 2 humans.

 

After everyone was seated, Mefzar began to speak again.

 

“We will use the Truth spell to get the correct answers to the questions asked, so please do not give false information to the questions.” said

 

This was not unexpected. Truth spell was used before, it was very important for reliable people to come for such expeditions.

"Okay, let's start on the right then." said.

 

Tyler and Brand were sitting on the far left, starting from the right relieved the duo a little..

 

“First of all, let me introduce myself. I am Arthur and I am the architect responsible for building the city we are going to build,” said Arthur.

 

Tyler wondered if he wasn't a little young to be an architect.

 

“Our first question is to briefly introduce yourself, explain which position you are applying for and why you want to come to the city we will establish, thank you.”

 

The question was pretty simple. But it was also necessary. The person sitting on the far right began to speak.

 

"I'm Kemmel, I've applied for the city guard, so I'm coming with you..."

 

Tyler began to think about what to say himself as he was speaking in the first row. He was involuntarily tensed. Then he looked slowly at Brand, who was sitting next to him, who also seemed quite excited. His hands were sweaty and he was wiping the them of his pants.

 

The people sitting across from them were nodding to what the first participant had said and were taking a few notes in the notebooks in front of them. Before long, it was Brand's turn.

 

“I'm Brand, I applied for the city guard and the reason I joined is… At the end of winter, I was going to go north and try my luck in any city. When I saw the poster on the street, I said why not try it,” Brand said, how excited he was.

 

The members sitting across from them nodded, then turned their heads to Tyler.

 

"I'm Tyler, I'm a [bard] when I saw the phrase "Any job can apply," and I wanted to try my luck," he said simply.

 

Looking at Tyler, the person who introduces himself as Arthur.

 

“So why do you want to go north as a bard?”

 

This question gave Tyler a pause. Why did he have to go north? Finally, he took a deep breath and began to tell his story.

“I am not a native of alwarti. I was born in a kingdom called Murtak located on the ocean coast in the land of 100 kings, My father was a merchant. Where I lived was not a big city, it was a medium-sized town. Growing up, I went to inns secretly from my father and listened to the bards' songs and stories. That's when I decided to become a bard." Tyler must have realized he was stretching it out a bit, so he quickly finished his sentence.

 

“I want to see the pristine lands of the Alwartin North and write songs about it,” he finally said.

 

Tyler began examining Arthur to see if he had gotten the answer he wanted. Arthur just shook his head.

 

“And is it possible for us to hear a song? ' asked Arthur.

 

"Sorry my Lute broke during my trip and I didn't have the money to buy a new one, I can only say vocally." said Tyler.

 

Arthur told him to continue with his hand.

 

After clearing his throat, Tyler stood up to sing a very famous song at Murtak.

 

“Endless ocean, oh endless ocean,

Where did you take my love

Did you take it into your Depths

Or to your uninhabited islands?

 

Tell me, where should I look for my half?

In the waves crashing on the shore?

Or in the sunset that falls on you?

Will I see him again in my bosom one last time?”

 

Tyler finished the last lines and looked around. Tyler was met with applause from the jury sitting across from him.

 

After saying "Thank you" he sat down again.

 

"My questions are over, you can continue," said Arthur, looking at his teammates.

 

The interview went fast.

 

"Yes, your last question is for some kind of warranty."

 

“Have you ever been in a criminal organization and are you joining this time with malicious intent?” said Mefzar.

 

He nodded towards the Elf Squad leader after each of them answered no.

 

"Well, those who apply for the city guard can go to the back, and the physical tests are done there." said Mefzar, pointing to the back door.

 

Arthur spoke to Tyler as he looked around unsure of what to do.

 

“I think you can watch it, your friend applied for the city guard, too. You can watch too,” said Arthur.

 

Tyler nodded and they went outside with everyone.

 

---------------

 

"Why are you so interested in the Bard?" said Elda.

 

They were watching the city guard test in the backyard.

 

“Let's call it an investment in the future,” said Arthur, smiling mysteriously.

 

“So we accept it?” he said.

 

"Wouldn't it be nice to have a [bard[ on the trip, wouldn't it?" said Arthur.

 

Then the two began to watch Askar beating the city guard candidates in front of them.

 

When the physical tests of the city guards were finished, they announced the date of the announcement of the results. And they re-entered the Inn for new interviews.

 

Time passed quickly and it was starting to get dark.

 

“That's enough for today,” Mefzar said after their last interview.

 

The team was very hungry and tired.

 

“I'd rather fight a tiger up north than this stuff,” Bill said.

 

“You'd rather wrestle a tiger in normal times,” said Darkis.

 

This made the team laugh.

 

"You're hungry, dinner's ready," said old Mike.

 

He was also negotiating to sell the inn and had just arrived.

 

"Come on, then, for dinner," said Arthur.

 

Everyone was sitting at the table for dinner and eating their meals with laughter. Then the door of the inn opened. And Lady Elise and Mark entered.

 

0