Chapter 10: Aftercare
3k 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the match with Kakashi-sensei, Naruto and I headed back to my apartment. Naruto was adamant we cancelled his homecoming party since I was so injured, but I assured him I'd be healthy enough. As long as I didn't have to fight or heal anyone besides myself, I'd be fine.

"Just lay me down on the bed."

I said as one of Naruto's clones opened my apartment door with the key I gave him. The real Naruto walked into my apartment carrying me bridal style, and his clone locked the door behind us before disappearing.

I could walk on my own, but I could tell he was enjoying being my macho protector and didn't want to ruin it. He carried me into my bedroom and laid me down on my bed.

"Naruto, could you go into my bathroom and bring me the bottles behind the sink's mirror?" Again, I could have done this myself, but I could tell he wanted to be of use. For some reason, he felt guilty about my injuries. I guessed he thought I wouldn't have gotten as hurt if he had used more clones. Which was impossible, but Naruto always had a saviour complex.

"Sure thing, Sakura."

He got up and walked into my bathroom. While he was away, I sat up and dispersed all my clothes. Only my belt and pouches, which I put on for our training match, and headband were real, so that was all that was left on my naked body. I crossed my legs and began to study and heal my body. The medicine Naruto went to get would speed up the process, but I still needed to identify where I needed to send my chakra.

My legs and arms were broken in several places, and I had many tendon and ligament tears. Typical for Gate users. After a few hours of "spot" healing, I would be fine for daily activities and pain-free. But my bones would only be supported by my chakra and held together with iron supplements from the medicine. It would take several days for my body to use that iron and chakra to actually repair my bones and muscle fibres.

Shizune said that meant I had the second-highest recovery period in the world, the first belonging to Lady Tsunade, but Lady Tsunade said that was dangerous thinking. That the other villages wouldn't broadcast their medical advancements since the last Great War, and we should refrain from assuming that we are the leaders of the medical ninjutsu field, even if we are.

"Are these the right ones, Sakura?"

"Yes, thanks, Naruto. Just place them on the table next to the bed."

I took one of the three bottles Naruto put on the table and downed it. It was chakra-infused iron, calcium and protein. Then I assumed the best recovery position, legs folded, and made the necessary hand signs.

"I see you're getting comfortable seeing me naked."

I said with a grin. Naruto blushed and then looked away.

"You're welcome to stay and chat with me, but I can't move for the next couple of hours while I continue the healing process. So, sadly, no fucking."

"I-I didn't even think abou-"

"Why don't you go take a bath while I heal? But could you leave a clone with me? I may need other things and want someone to talk to."

"Sure thing."

Naruto made a clone and walked back into the bathroom to bathe. Since Naruto's clones are exactly like him personality-wise, and he receives all their memories once they disappear, I treated all his clones like they were really him.

"So, what did you think of our match with Kakashi-sensei?"

"Honestly, I feel like I was useless. I didn't do any real damage to him, and you got the bells and took all the risk and injury."

Naruto's clone looked down at his feet with a sad expression.

"Naruto! Come closer."

He looked up, approached the bed and crouched down to my face. I kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you. If it weren't for you, I'd definitely have been knocked out and sent to Lady Tsunade. If it weren't for you, I'd never have gotten the chance to put Sensei in the Lotus. Plus, the point of the test was to show off our teamwork and skills. And your use of Shadow Clones in combat is honestly the best in the village. You used them as weapons in mid-air and most likely used them to keep me out of the hospital. I got too focused on winning."

His expression brightened, and he sat in the chair beside my bed. The clone and I chatted for a bit while the real Naruto was getting cleaned up.

I'm back! Did you guys have a happy hoilday?
  • Yes, it was great. Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No, it sucked. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eh, it was okay. Votes: 10 47.6%
Total voters: 21 · This poll was closed on Feb 1, 2023 06:18 PM.
30