Chapter 8 A slicing chance
24 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8

A slicing chance

Apizal saved as much power as it could from the lives it took, just using enough to incite the woman to kill more. It harnessed all it’s knowledge from this world and the last, it reached out with its growing senses and found something, an inkling, a strand to follow.

For months it whispered in the lady’s mind, pushing and pulling her to the spot it needed to be at.

Finally she stood in front of an alter in a dark church. The crosses on the wall all had the cross beam at the bottom, where as the other churches they had been in, crossed at the top. The iconography was different too, but the people died just the same.

Apizal had finally broken the woman’s mind and she had let loose her inner desires, the floors ran thick with blood and flesh, the screams of the dying were slowly fading as their ‘god’ turned a deaf ear to their torment. But Apizal listened, it enjoyed every whimper, every sputtering breath drawn till the beautiful silence of death.

All of Apizal’s senses were telling it to go to the alter and make a sacrifice. The woman was alternating between silently staring at the gore and cackling manically, Apizal nudged her mentally.

It took minimal effort to get her to lie on the alter for a ‘rest’. Her dripping red hand raised on its own and plunged Apizal straight through her heart and into the rock alter below.

Using the woman’s life force, Apizal’s wedged tip split the hard granite that was engraved in runes, destroying the hidden spell that protected the rip in the universes.

3