Chapter 19: Another Princess!?
2.6k 10 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As we entered the city my eyes stayed glued to our surroundings, taking every place, person, and smell the city had to offer. Of course, the capital of Esmil where I was born and taken care of by Adrianna was also incredibly impressive, however, I was either just recently born or confined to the castle. In a way this was my first real medieval city experience, it was incredible. From the street food to the endless row of shops, the busy roads full of people and the occasional carriage. Even a good amount of demi-humans, dwarves made up the majority, but there were also many beastman, and even a few elves. Though none of them seemed interested in Mia, to be fair I had previously covered her in a hood to hide her ears. 

 

Among all the impressive buildings, however, the Academy easily stood above the rest. Varia Academy being the main attraction of the city is adequately named Varia city. The city was located directly between Esmil, the country of magic, Hecleayea, the country of swords, and Foprogo the home of dwarves. 

 

Being a location to hold the most prestigious Academy in the continent if not the known world Varia city was located virtually directly in the center of Ebath, our current continent, of course, though I recited all these details in my head, the only reason I remembered the boring geography was due to my constant thoughts about escape, with every female in the royal family of Esmil wanting me in their possession, I knew from an early age in this world, that I wouldn't be able to find a home for the foreseeable future, so I would just have to travel a lot. 

 

I and my party continued to stare at the Academy, bafflement still on our faces, besides Mias, maybe she was just too young to appreciate the majesticness of the building. However interrupting our dazed stares was a sudden high-pitched scream and a small truck that rammed into my body, looking up I saw Adrianna, straddling me after taking me down, her nose sniffing every inch of me as she took in my scent. She used to do this back at the castle, she called it “recharging her Luke meter”. Of course, she had never recharged herself of me this violently. 

 

I noticed Mia and Sophia attempting to take her off me, but several powerful-looking knights halted their every attempt to get close to the princess.

 

Whispers encased our surroundings as she snuggled up against me. “Who is that man!” “Why is the pride of Varia hugging him, she's always showing immense coldness to anyone else.” 

 

Though the “pride of Varia” line caught me off guard, I didn't want to make such a scene before even arriving inside the academy, so after carefully using air magic to separate our bodies I stood up dusting myself off and introduced my friends.

 

“This is Seth and Sophia, two friends I met along the way, and this is Mia, an elf who doesn't seem to have anywhere to go. Can you help her Adrianna?”. Not only because of my good relationship with the princess, but the fact that the elves and the country of Esmil are very tightly connected made me think Adrianna was one of the best people to place in the care of Mia. I was at first going to find a group of elves as I know there are many who are students at Varia, but since the princess was in front of me I thought this would be simpler. 

 

However what surprised me was the scowl that seemed indefinitely stuck on Adrianna's face, and then she spoke. “Miraleth Elsatra, what are you doing with my Luke”. I was surprised that Adrianna knew the elf's name, even her last name. However, that surprise soon turned into suspicion, what was their relationship? I had spent almost every moment with or near Adrianna since she was 4.

 

“Hmph! Good to see you are still a selfish brat Adrianna! And for your information, Luke is my saviour, I owe him my life and will therefore spend the rest of it protecting him!” The small Mia declared valiantly, though I hardly agreed with her statement she didn't seem intimated at all by the large knights standing between her and Adrianna, and that's when another voice join the party.

 

“MIAAAAA!!!” a tall busty elf sprinted over, her water jugs bouncing along with her gait, it wasn't just impressive, it was a force of destruction that seemed to shake her body from side to side as she ran. Once she had made it here she swan dived towards us however the small Mia simply sidestepped her dive with a look of equal disgust and irritation. 

 

“My princess Mia, where have you been! You said you were gonna go bring down a slave rig for some enjoyment and teleported away the next second, the royal family has been worried sick!”

 

The busty elf seemed to completely ignore the fact she had been avoided and instead began to spew incomprehensible nonsense, but that's when my slow mind clicked, PRINCESS! ANOTHER ONE!

 

After the initial surprise I whispered to Adrianna about it, and as Mia and the busty elf began to argue and a large entourage of elf knights rushed over, Adrianna explained Mia's origins to me.

 

Apparently, she was the most talented elf born in the last 100 years, a direct descendant of the queen of elves, who had just recently had her 6000th birthday. She was in the continent of Ebath to learn magic directly from the headmaster of the academy, who was known to be just as apt with magic as the queen of elves herself, even though her life had only been a twelfth as long as the queen. Apparently, at the age of 10, Mia had learned everything there was to learn from the queen of elves, and people believed she would bring the elves into such a golden age that they could take over the world. However the one problem was she was mischievous, being praised all her life and good at everything apparently made life boring, and since none of her guards or retainers could even compare to her in fighting prowess she could escape their watchful eyes at any time.

 

As I looked over at Mia just letting the information sink in I was less baffled than I thought I would be, in this world so far it seemed powerful girls were as common as grains of sand, and all of them were deeply infatuated with me. No matter how dull I was, I had realized that their craziness wasn't just them anymore, it likely had to do with that talent the God who sent me here had previously mentioned. But what talent could turn every girl I met into a crazy possessive psychopath. 

As I stared at Mia she seemed to sense my gaze, suddenly disappearing from her previous position and in between me and Adrianna. “Savior, this harlot is getting far too close to you while sniffing your hair, I have met her when I was just a child and she is absolutely and extremely dangerous, I advise you to keep your distance, don't worry for I will protect you with my life”. As Adrianna began to fume, the busty elf, as well as the entourage of elf soldiers, simply stared at Mia in a daze, and then their eyes locked onto me, confusion coalescing around me.

30