Chapter 5: Unknown Energy (2)
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I-it was definitely not spiritual qi.. From the traces, we have found that its properties were too violent and extremely destructive, so it was impossible for it to come from a living being.. It's just a guess but.. the characteristics seem to resemble primordial spark written in history. Furthermore, this mysterious energy can also disintegrate spiritual qi. It had also caused a few proportions of the forest to withered away."

"Resembling a Primordial Spark?" Ether shook off her head and said, "My innate memories are not clear about this so-called power source, but I know one thing for sure that there is more to the primordial spark than you or the humans believe. Nevertheless, tell me the details of this peculiar energy first."

"Yes." the old man answered her with full details of the characteristics of the strange energy based on what had been transmitted from the nearby formation including the geographical location of the aforementioned forest.

...

 

Dark Purple Forest

 

For the next few consecutive hours, Roy kept pressing onwards, deeper into the forests. He had changed into black robes from the system with a surprisingly no cost whatsoever and carried his ordinary sword on his waist. He was wandering in the woods without any destination in mind. After all, his main objective was to get stronger.

In order for him to increase his strength, he would need to kill either wild/magical beasts or other beings to upgrade his level. Thus, he wouldn't dare to exit the forest until he was strong enough to protect himself.

Roy also couldn't go into any city even if he wanted to, because to enter a city, one would require to have an identification card to get a past as a security measure. Which he absolutely didn't have. Even if somehow he could enter a city, he would be unable to improve his strength except for killing the other human beings present there. He absolutely disliked the idea to kill innocents people.

Furthermore, Roy was afraid that his 'killer' would wait for him in the peripheral area of the forest, or even come back to where they tossed his body. If they somehow heard of him surviving the assault.

These were the reason why he chose to go deeper and deeper into the forest.

"Hey system, is all the things here free cost? Also what are the requirements for opening the locked ones?" Roy asked something that had been bothering him, while poking the system's panel.

[Replying to the host..]
[All of the mortal items will be free of charge for the host. An increase in tier corresponds with the higher cost the host will have to pay. ]

"Thought so." he lazily muttered.

[The requirements to open the higher tier items..]

[Processing..]

[Scan Ongoing]

[DING!]

[One of the prerequisites for unlocking the higher tiers is that the host must be able to cultivate first, to break the mortal shackles, and then enter Qi Refining Stage Cultivation Base.]

[However, as the system has stated before, the host's spiritual body root has been severely destroyed, and by the system's estimate it's not possible to restore]

".." he mused a bit, before uttering, "Then, it's pointless! Seems like I can't cultivate spiritual qi forever."

"Oh well, I can increase my stats through System Points anyway." Roy shook his head lightly.

After all, the most important thing was to survive first. He already had what it takes to increase his chance of survival through the system. He couldn't care less about being unable to become some cultivator.

[DING]

[Please do not be discouraged, The Host's spiritual body root may unable to be restored, however, there is exists a treasure that can potentially create one]


[Crystal of Flawlessness]

Description: Divine Treasure that can create miracle

??


[Unfortunately, as the system has stated before, its in an incomplete form. Therefore, its unable to bring out further explanation until the host can find the other pieces of the System Sparks]

 

"Ee.. Is that so?" he muttered rhetorically.

Roy was contemplating a bit, before opening his status window.


STATUS

Name: Roy Ambers
Race: Human
Innate Bloodline: Unknown
Cultivation Realm: None (Mortal)
Battle Arts: Hundreds Sword Slash ( Low Grade )
Weapon: Ordinary Sword

Special Skill: <<Devour>>


Statistics

Level :1(0/20)

 

Health: 25/30

Strength : 5

Defense : 20

Agility: 10

Stamina : 0.5/45

Vitality : 50

Endurance : 40

Dexterity : 30

Intelligence : 65

 

Mysthic Energy: ??/??

System Points : 0


What?

Hey!

What happened to my hard-earned system points?

"System, why are my system points reduced to zero?!" he was a bit irritated. "I remember you said that I would get 100 points for binding with the system."

 

[DING]

[Begin calculating..]

..

[Completed]

[It is concluded that the host's System Points had been used in the battle with the beast a few hours ago ]

"!? ..What do you mean? I don't remember ever spending any." Roy asked, he was perplexed. As far as he remembered, he hadn't opened the system's interface in the middle of the battle.

Essentially, who would be foolish enough to obstruct one's own vision in the midst of a fierce battle? _-_

[DING!]

[In the battle, The Host was fighting without analyzing the enemy first, and didn't pay any heed to the system's notification]

[The system has warned the host multiple times through sound notifications. By estimation, The Host could have died if not for the systems 'direct interference']

!?! Roy was stunned. This revelation had left him totally flabbergasted.

[In spite of the fact that the beast was a mere clone, it was at least in a Spirit Formation Stage. It had also been detected to be lowering its strength to match with the host]

"What!!" he staggered to find that it was such a monster. He was terrified and stood rooted to the spot.

"How could it be." his face was full of cold sweat. He already had his suspicion when he was blasted many meters away to the back, but his perception of spiritual qi that other people possess was limited to the point of almost negligible, given his mortal being. Furthermore, the strange doggy was also deliberately lowered its strength to 'play' with him.

 


[The classification system of the cultivation stages in this world is as follows.

1. Qi Refining Stage - The Lowest

2. Spirit Foundation Stage

3. Spirit Formation Stage

4. Spirit Master Stage

5. Spirit Grandmaster Stage

6. Spirit King Stage

7. Spirit Ancient Stage

8. ??

]


 

"I... I can't believe this" he was terrified and grateful at the same time.

If not for the system's interference, I would have died by now!!

 

...

In some depth of the same forest

Slash!

a grotesquely large black ape sliced into two parts vertically, then its lifeless body slumped down. There were already many corpses littered the ground as well as many huge craters everywhere.

Bang!!

With a huge explosion, its enormous gray figure landed heavily in front of a hazy silhouette.

Dressed in black from head to toe. His long hair was as black as night and reached the middle of his waist. His complexion was stiff and pale, and his eyes were lifeless without a hint of light in them. The aura emitted from his body carried a coldness that seeped into one’s bone marrow. If one actually looked deeper, one wouldn’t find the slightest hint of life within it… It was as if what stood there was not a living person, but a dead corpse.

“” His face was still stiff, and when he spoke, whether it was his expression or dark eyes, there wasn’t the slightest bit of wavering, yet his voice carried an ice-cold, bone-piercing resentment. “You’re still alive… you’re actually still alive!!” He peered towards a distance.

The baleful aura which he had suddenly released caused the adjacent trees to turn lifeless. The aura enveloping the surroundings instantly became colder many times over, the instant this black-robed person opened his mouth.

 

1