Chapter 156: Gods and Monsters. 2009 CE
6.8k 7 236
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Helios was barely standing by the time the lessons with his mom finished. His body was sore all over, his hair was a mess, and his hands were literally shaking.

“C-Can I rest?” he questioned weakly, almost passing out.

A centaur in front of him walked towards him, and patted his shoulder. “Forgive me little one, but your father told us that there will be no rest this winter, unless it’s breakfast, lunchtime, dinner time, and of course, sleeping.”

Helios wanted to cry, but then, a shout could be heard from the side. “If you cry, you have to do your mom’s lessons again!”

Helios quickly swallowed up his sob, and put on a ‘stern’ face. Idemnon nodded, and backed away from the boy.

Meanwhile, Pluto was eating some watermelons with Druig on a tree trunk.

“Isn’t this kind of over the top?” Druig questioned. “I’m worried he’ll be taken away by child protective services…”

“They’re not going to come to the Amazons, so it’s fine.” Pluto shrugged. “Besides, we went through a lot worse, a couple weeks of training is nothing compared to 7000 years of hunting deviants.”

“Yeah, well, it looks like it’s worse than that from the looks of it…” Druig murmured, looking at Helios’s barely standing body.

Idemnon then walked towards the edge of the area, and spoke. “Your first opponent will be a big one, a little one. Asterion will fight you, try to use your brain and strength to the maximum if you want to survive, because Asterion is not holding back.”

Asterion walked to the arena with a grin on his face. He roared so loud that the birds around them disperse, the wind blew the trees, and it literally silenced the entire jungle, as there was no insect sound whatsoever.

“ASTERION WILL CRUSH YOU!” the big bull yelled.

“Please don’t…” Helios murmured.

Asterion then rushed towards Helios like an unstoppable force, his horn pointed at the boy. The bull’s footsteps were so powerful that it shook the entire jungle, making prints on the ground.

As he neared Helios, the boy rolled to the side, dodging the monster just barely. Asterion kept going, hitting the trees behind Helios, and it made a trail of destruction from the ramming attempt.

Helios gulped. “This is crazy…”

Asterion recovered, turning around to Helios. He roared to the sky, getting more and more pissed. His muscles got bigger from the rage, and there was no trace of a grin at his face anymore.

Once again, the monster ran towards Helios horns first. This time, Helios didn’t want to dodge, instead, his eyes turned golden, and chains started to sprout from the ground, implanting themselves into Asterion's body.

The chains that sprout break one by one, but it slows Asterion down. The monster felt pain from those sharp blades that stabbed him so the chains could be implanted to his body, and he felt more rage. 

Helios clicked his tongue, and his eyes turned golden, this time, he made a small rope, stretching from a tree to another. Asterion ran through it, and he stumbled to the ground, rolling painfully, as his speed was quite fast.

Helios quickly summoned chains again to tie Asterion to the ground, and covered himself with a gigantic power armour. He stepped on Asterion, and repeatedly punched the monster.

“Just— Sleep— Already—” Helios spoke in desperation as he punched Asterion.

Instead of sleeping though, Asterion keeps getting more and more enraged. Asterion broke free from his chains, grabbed Helios by the neck of his power armour construct, and he threw him to the trees, breaking a couple of them in the process.

Helios groaned in pain as his construct dispersed into golden dust, feeling the pain at his ribs. “The things I do for Warhammer figurines…”

He could then hear Asterion approaching him again, and he focused. He stood up, he made a big ass robotic hand, and he attached it to his own left hand. As Asterion was approaching him with a great speed, the robotic hand roars like a sports car engine, blue fire burns from the exhaust of the hand, and when Asterion was near, the fire burns brighter, and it boosts the kinetic energy of the hand, slamming it to Asterion’s face, throwing him away from Helios for around 60 feet to the back.

Helios could see Asterion’s horns being broken from that, and he could also see the robotic hand destroyed. The hand dispersed, and the boy dropped to the ground from exhaustion.

“That was awesome…”

Helios then could hear footsteps approaching him, and he saw that it was his father, with his violet eyes, staring at him.

“Good job boy.” he said calmly with his hands on his back. “One more to go.”

Helios gulped. “Sir yes sir…”

Great… His father is the final boss now…

236