Chapter 197: A Dark World. 2013 CE
8.5k 16 224
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[a couple hours earlier]

On a sunless Planet that is devoid of light, three individuals were sitting inside a cave in need of rest as they had just fought an enemy before. Two of those three individuals were staring at each other with annoyance and anger, while the other one was frantically trying to find a way to escape the place.

“I had thought you better, brother.” said a black haired man, Loki. “A task so simple, yet you cannot even do it.”

“That Aether is stronger than you think, I cannot simply destroy it.” the other one, Thor, scoffed. “It was your idea in the first place, surely you should’ve thought of a backup plan if it goes haywire.”

“I was trusting you.” Loki simply said. “But it appears I’ve made a severe miscalculation.”

“This isn’t the time to be playing around brother.” said Thor sternly. “Mother is terribly ill because of this mess, and you decide to move without a backup plan?! This is supposed to be your redemption quest! How are we going to find him now?!”

Suddenly, a sound rang throughout the cave. It was the sound of a ringing phone, making the two brothers turn towards the third individual, Jane Foster.

“What is that?” Loki questioned.

“Shush!” Jane said, taking out her phone from her pocket. She looked surprised at the sight of the phone ringing in the middle of nowhere, millions of miles away from earth. “How is this happening…”

Jane then picked up the phone, only to be greeted by a man’s voice. “Richard? Is that you?”

She continued to talk to the man behind the phone, making the two Asgardians confused. Jane suddenly signalled the two of them to follow her as she looked at the ground below. She saw a colourful keychain, to which she picked up, and she quickly delved deeper to the cave.

Both of the brothers looked confused, but followed nonetheless. But suddenly, as they passed a certain point of the cave, they were transported to yet another world.

The cold air quickly hit their bodies, and before they knew it, they had arrived at London.

She then looked around to see a broken red car. “Let’s go, we need to find where Malekith’s headed first.”

The three of them arrived at Darcy’s place in the middle of the night. Jane, still in her Asgardian outfit, rushed towards her desk, but then she noticed that someone was occupying it.

“Dr. Selvig?” She said, greeting the professor.

Selvig turned towards Jane and smiled. “Jane!” he stood up, only to reveal that he was wearing nothing but white underwear.

“Whoa, what are you wearing Doctor?” said Jane, weirded out, but still hugged the professor anyway.

“He said that he’s better at thinking while wearing no pants.” said someone, his assistant probably.

“Oh, well, Doctor, I need your expertise on this. Something is going on in London. The portals will converge to one point, and a possible disaster will come.”

“I got it, I might know what you’re talking about.” he said, moving away from Jane, but then, he spotted Thor just entered the room.

“Dr. Selvig.” said Thor with a smile. “Are you well?”

“Thor.” Selvig stated, surprised. “Of course I’m well, is… your brother with you?”

Selvig looked nervous at the thought of seeing Loki again. Thor didn’t answer, which made Selvig even more nervous. Then, his nightmare came true as the man he dreaded appeared behind Thor.

“Hello, Doctor Selvig,” said Loki with his charming smile. “You’ve not changed a bit.”

Selvig paled at the sighed, gulping his saliva heavily. “Oh god…”

[Asgard]

An Asgardian warrior slowly walked towards the throne, where Odin is sitting calmly on it, staring at the light above.

“My liege.” the warrior bowed in front of his king.

“My sons?” he asked the warrior.

“Heimdall saw them travelling to Midgard. It appears the convergence will be focused on there.”

Odin could only sighed at the news. “Then the redemption quest for Loki would be too easy…”

The warrior was confused. “My liege?”

“No matter,” said Odin. “Send a messenger to Midgard. Once the Aether has been reclaimed, send it to the Eternals on earth, preferably Pluto.”

“If I may, my liege—” an advisor to Odin spoke out, but instantly got cut off.

“I know, the stones cannot be at the same places.” said Odin as he caressed his beard. “But he’s an exception.”

The warrior turned towards the advisor, only to be answered with a nod. So, the warrior saluted, and walked away from the throne, not forgetting to bow to the king one last time.

“You’ve asked me to give you the Aether before, Pluto.” Odin chuckled at himself. “And I will give it to you now.”

224