Chapter 211: War on Hydra. 2015 CE
5.3k 6 165
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fury stood in front of a holographic map of earth, and the map was covered with dots all over the world. Fury was now in a temporary base in the Antarctic belonging to the newly formed Sentient Worlds Observation and Response Department, or for short, S.W.O.R.D.

They were in the middle of a big operation, a plan to hit all the HYDRA bases all at once, so one base cannot send a warning signal to the other. In this operation, the UN and Fury himself hopes that Hydra would be gone for good, but, in the eyes of Nick Fury, it’s hard to tell.

A call then appeared in the corner of the hologram, it was King Grodd who called him, and of course, Nick Fury picked it up.

“Your Majesty.” Fury bowed.

“Director.” Grodd nodded back. “Are the Avengers ready?”

“Yes, sir,” said Fury. “The Avengers are in position, Team A in Sokovia, Team B in Siberia.”

“Good, we will begin the operation soon. Start the countdown.”

[Misiones, Argentina]

Jeanne hovered above the jungle of Argentina, she was in a remote place in the deep and lush jungle of Misiones, where the intel suggests that there is a Hydra base around here somewhere. She scouted the place for the whole day, and finally, when the sun was about to set, she finally found it.

It was hidden inside a waterfall stream, and even in the sky, Jeanne could barely see it. She pressed her comms, and spoke to the mic.

“Countdown?” she asked.

“30 Seconds.” answered a woman’s voice from the comms, it was Anna.

“Alright, tell me when it reaches zero.” Jeanne prepared herself, swords appearing in her hands. “No killing right?”

“Yep, we need to interrogate them,” said Anna. “And… 3, 2, 1, 0, and you are now allowed to engage.” 

Jeanne’s eyes quickly turned bright, and she rushed through the waterfall stream, slamming her body towards the 12-inch thick wall. It was easy for her to go through the concrete, and not a second later, she had entered the base.

The Hydra agents inside were in a state of panic once they saw the intruders. Light swords were flying everywhere, incapacitating every Hydra agents it touched. Even though Anna told her that she could not kill the agents, she could still wound them, and she planned to milk that loophole all she wants right now.

She walked through the base as if it was nothing, guns don’t work on her suit, punching her is practically impossible, even RPGs don't seem to damage the suit.

Eventually, she reached the leader of the base, hiding behind his private room. He had a gun in his hand, pointing it at the door.

Jeanne barged through the room as if she owned the place, and with a trail of blood following her. The leader seemed scared shitless, but he continued to shoot Jeanne to no avail.

“You must be this place’s leader.” stated Jeanne. “Well, I advise you to surrender.”

Seeing no chance of fleeing, the Hydra leader seemed to resign himself. He then pointed his pistol at his head, before shouting. “HAIL HYDRA!”

Jeanne was about to stop the guy, but it was too late. The guy had offed himself, his brains scattered around the wall. She could only sigh at the sight, and decided to call Anna.

“Hey, the job’s done, send in the recovery team… though, the leader just offed himself right in front of me…”

“It’s fine, we’re getting reports that it’s almost all the same in the rest of the bases. Good work Jeanne, you can go back now, the recovery team’s on their way.”

[Iceland]

Cleo stood on an icy ravine that looked otherworldly. This place was a sight to behold, one might even think that they were in another world right now if they didn’t know any better. The Aurora Borealis is in full display above, the colors giving light to the ground.

“You sure about this?” asked Anna in the comms.

“I have been out of touch lately. Perhaps it is time that I took on some mission again.”

Anna just sighed in the comms. “Fine, just don’t go too overboard.”

“Roger that sister.” Cleo hummed.

The ex-queen then jumped inside the ravine, landing on its deepest ground. She casually walked through the place until she saw a simple door, where the Hydra base is. Cleo’s eyes then turned gray, the domineering aura around her was so powerful that it started to crack the rocks and ice around her.

She didn’t do anything, she just stood there, her eyes remained glowing, yet, not a minute later, HYDRA agents started to walk outside the base, lining up neatly in front of her.

Once she saw that there was no one else, she simply voiced her command. 

[Drop your weapons]

And in an instant, all the Hydra agents dropped their weapons.

[Go to sleep]

And as if obeying her orders, all the Hydra agents dropped to the ground, seemingly deep in a slumber.

Cleo sighed at the sight, looking proud of herself. She called Anna in the comms again, reporting what she had done.

“It’s done. Call the recovery team.”

“Well that was quick. Alright sis, the team is on the way, good work.”

165