The “Friend”
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sara walks to a two-story building in the Red Light District, but remembering what she had been told on a phone call, she walked along the side of the building to reach the back, and knocked on the backdoor.

"I don't got work for no Malzeno!" Said a voice through the door's wicket hole.

Sara then walked away, only for the voice to call her back, "Oh wait, it's you! Come in!" And after a sigh as a response from Sara, the door is opened by the person known as Kenneth.

Kenneth is a High Elf that operated the brothel. His short blonde hair and sharp facial features as well as those two blue eyes made a charming appearance, but in reality he is cheerful and loves being busy. Upon opening the door, he reaches out for a hug with Sara, whom accepted the hug, and let him kiss her in the cheeks.

"What was I thinking, a random maid can be from the Malzeno family?"

"I did make the news."

"Ah, yes. Now listen, let's get inside and have a seat like old times! Only this time we'll have a couple of drinks as well!"

They entered, and Sara finds out that the backdoor leads to the VIP room which is adjacent to the manager's office which is where Kenneth is usually at. They stayed at the VIP room, where Kenneth flips the sign on the exterior to "Occupied". The room has a heart shaped bed, many pillows, and a case full of BDSM material.

Sara sits down on the bed, and Kenneth came out from the manager's office with a bottle of sake.

"Rice wine! Your home nation's specialty, right?"

"Sure, I will have a sip."

After Kenneth pours the sake into the cups, both of them said their cheers, and took a sip.

"So, if you want a change in management, and a better protection racket, you still need to pay in advance. Family law." Sara told Kenneth.

"Sure, how much?"

"500 credits."

"Here you go, and make sure that Madonna didn't spend it all on one place, eh?"

Sara glares at him, giving a low growl.

"Oh wait, don't do anything! Anyways, now that you're protecting this place I'll give you a piece of info."

"I am listening."

"Remember that brothel under the train platform? The Puppet House?"

"Sure, it is your rival business until the Heisenbergs want to 'protect' you both."

"It is! Now I need someone to take care of that place before it begins to compete with me again. I almost went broke back then."

"The brothel mistress there is abusive, if memory serves me right. So I am to do this in any way possible?"

"Sure, go easy on them!"

"I will get it done."

Sara walks out the backdoor, and went back to the front to look around.

"I need a Heisenberg car. I will make sure that mistress is silenced for good."

Luckily enough, The Red Light District is Heisenberg's turf, so it should be easy to spot a patrolling car. They usually drive around in white cars, mostly Crystal Windflows, and the made men are notoriously known for wearing white fedoras or top hats. The moment Sara sees one passing by the brothel, she walked up to it's path, and yank the driver's door open.

"What the? Who are you--" The driver is about to pull out a handgun, only for Sara to smash his head onto the steering wheel, knocking him unconscious. The body is then put in the backseat.

Sara then drove the car towards Harwick, where she stops by a small warehouse near an abandoned mineshaft. She entered the warehouse, and came back out with a red bundle before entering the car again and driving off to The Puppet House. And the moment Sara sees it, she already understands why it's more successful than Kenneth's brothel. It has 4 floors, and it's walls are white painted bricks giving it a clean look. It also has a garage attached to it, where the Heisenbergs bring in their prostitutes in. From what Sara gathered back in the day, they mostly kidnap the soon-to-be prostitutes and brainwash them before putting them to work there.

Sara parks the rigged car inside the garage, which is unguarded.

"Lucky, the guards are having lunch and play inside." Are her words as she left the car, and ran out to a building across the city, which has a payphone on the sidewalk. The sounds of a fuse is burning is heard inside the car.

A few seconds later, the house erupts. Fireworks may look destructive when used wrongly, but this destruction in front of Sara's eyes are music to her very being. Respectively from the ground floor to the top floors, explosions blare away, and after a few moments only the frames of the brothel remains. Sara grins, as she dialed in the numbers on the payphone.

"Kenneth, your business is now flourishing."

"Sara!? I felt the ground shake just now! Was that you!? What happened?!"

"I took care of the rivalry problem."

"B-by what?"

"Rigging The Puppet House to explode."

"You WHAT!? I told you to go easy!"

"And I did. This way, and with no witnesses, it's easy."

"All those girls inside the brothel, you just..."

"And what does it matter, Kenneth? They are going to die anyways under the hands of that mistress. I gave them more fast, merciful deaths!"

"Don't tell me You still believe that they brainwash the girls!?"

"And what if I did? I will see you again, if you have anything for me."

"Well, as a matter of fact Madonna Malzeno just visited, and had a meeting with a shady woman in a fedora. It looks like a representative of the Southern Isles."

"That's an important figure. What of it?"

"I have a bad feeling. Follow that shady woman, I don't like the looks in her eyes."

Sara hangs up, and ran off to Malzeno's mansion just in time to see a winged individual flying away from the mansion. A wyvern-kin from the looks of it. She looked around to find a teenage boy cleaning a motorbike.

"I'll take that, thank you." Said Sara, as she smashes the boy's head onto the bike's fuel tank a little too hard, killing him on the spot. She tossed the body to the seawater below.

She started the engine on the motorbike, and drove across town following that wyvern-kin. The latter lands in front of a Heisenberg vehicle warehouse at a scrapyard. She recognized this place as this is where the three families would scrap 'unused' cars up. She sees her knocking on the garage door, and when it opens, Don Heisenberg is seen.

Don Heisenberg has greying hair and wears a pair of sunglasses. He also wears a fedora and a trench coat on top of a white shirt, slacks and shoes. He walks around with a cane as well.

"Malzeno's time is up. Double your dealings in this town and stir her crazy by sending your soldiers to attack her mansion in a few days."

Sara sees Heisenberg nodding to that, and chuckling before the door slides back shut. The wyvern-kin then flew away again, this time leading to the still unfinished Callaghan Bridge which connects the Industrial Town to Freedom Island. From what the Malzeno intel that is gathered the bridge's construction is funded by the three families, although the Morellis paid the most. A Morelli captain is seen talking with the wyvern-kin.

"Be sure to guard this bridge, and do not let Malzeno cross it, even if it isn't finished yet."

Sara snuck away afterwards, going back to Kenneth's brothel.

"You're back! And with a new ride, as well! Where'd you get that?"

"Just some gentleman that doesn't have the livelihood to need it anymore."

"Tell me you didn't kill him?"

Sara didn't answer.

"Anyways! Remember Tera Colletti?"

"The local butcher's daughter that lived in that deli of his? The one that I usually fight back when we were children?"

"Yes! Apparently her father just died, and she took over. She evicted the Malzeno soldiers protecting the joint, and threatens to call the police on them if they come back. She said that in her era she will protect the deli by herself, and no one else should be."

"We can't let this happen."

"Not just that, she poisoned your aunt when you're away after she thought that she was trying to flirt with her boyfriend. Your aunt would've turned her into meatballs if she ever knew..."

"...She killed Aunty?" Sara's expression remain unchanged.

Kenneth nodded, and becomes even more scared as Sara then hopped on the motorbike, and drove away from the back alley. So her aunt would've turned Tera Colletti into meatballs? Alright then, Tera asked for it. With that, Sara drives to the deli near the Oriental District, and entered the restaurant. There stood Tera behind the counter, in her black apron over her yellow shirt and yellow shorts.

"Sara... So you are really back." Greeted Tera.

"What if I am? I need to talk to you in private."

"Planning to end our rivalry, huh? Alright then."

The both of them then drove off by the motorbike, and they stopped at the parking lot of a sawmill.

"Why are you bringing me to a sawmill?"

"You will see why, after I chop you up."

"You wish you had."

Tera charges at Sara, who just basically pushed her back to the tarmac violently, making her land hard on the rear. Sara slowly approaches Tera, her expression still unchanging which starts to creep Tera out. She reaches out to a wooden pole that was sawed off, and swings it at Sara to which the pole breaks upon impact to her hip which she struck at.

"Get up."

Tera shakily gets up, and punches Sara in the cheek, making her face away to the side. She slowly looked back, before returning the favor with a headbutt which knocks Tera straight to the ground.

"Get up."

Tera, now trembling, tried to run away as she never saw Sara like this in their previous battles, only to have her leg being grabbed by Sara, and she is dragged forcibly along the tarmac, gashing her skin.

"W-where are you taking me!?"

"Fulfilling my aunt's wish. To turn you into meatballs for going against the family."

"S-So what!? She deserved that poisoned risotto for being a noisy, naggy old-hag!"

"That noisy, naggy old-hag introduced me to this life which I pretty much enjoy. That is the only thing I thanked her for... Other than that, the person who should've ended her is ME."

By now, Tera's skin is flaking off from the forceful dragging across the tarmac. Sara then announced her looming fate.

"Now you're paying the price... A butcher being butchered."

A small smile crept on Sara's lips as she lets Tera go, and stomped on both of her legs and twisted them to cripple them. The sounds of the bones crunching soon made that smile grow into a grin. Sara reaches for a woodcutter axe on a nearby table, and stomped her in the neck, causing her to cough and gag.

"Look at you, the pathetic simpleton who always pick on me, now trying to beg for your life? Now, any last words before I turn you into meatballs?"

"G-Go to hell!"

Sara swings the axe down to Tera's stomach, inviting a scream of agony from her.

Then she continued swinging down the axe. Blood begins to spray and stain her face.

She continued swinging even harder, this time with her exploding into laughter. She then chops up Tera's chest, tearing off her breasts from her body, before she used her bare right hand to dig into the chopped up chest to break her ribs, and squeeze out the heart from the inside, resulting in a bloody explosion. Afterwards Sara packed the flesh into an old box, and sealed it before carrying it with one hand and leaving the sawmill. She finds a nearby payphone at the streets, not minding the witnesses seeing her in her bloody maid uniform carrying a suspicious box around.

"Hello Madonna Malzeno..."

"Oh, Sara! Good day, I just had a meeting a while ago, and I'm organizing the security on the businesses we control."

"We will talk about security there in person. This is a personal matter that I am wanting to talk about."

"Sure, speak away!"

"Tera Colletti is now meatballs, literally."

"I heard that she killed your aunt, divines rest her soul. But Tera deserves it after boasting that she can protect her deli."

"Whatever order you may ask of me, I shall do it right away."

"You remember Donatello Voxel? One of the executives of Legatum Corporation?"

"Legatum? The clothing company?"

"It is now an advanced corporation, wanting to form order in this sorry excuse of a 'free nation'. Now the Presidential District at the capital is renovated up thanks to them. Anyways, Donatello is having a banquet tonight at the hotel he is staying in Freedom Island and that he needs some amount of meat. It turns out that there were more people attending than he expected, and now he and his family needed the meat."

"Where should I deliver the meat? The bridge is still unfinished."

"Donatello called for a delivery of raw meat from Tera's deli. Bring the meat there, and give it to the deliveryman."

And so, Sara did as Lucrezia told her so. She tied the box onto the back of her motorbike, and drove all the way back to the deli, just as the delivery van arrived.

"So here's the meat? Which zoo we knocked out today, that looks like a huge amount judging by the box's size. Tera would go crazy if she knows this is going to Mr. Voxel's mouth!" Said the deliveryman as he accepted the box from Sara, not minding her bloody uniform.

Just as the van drives off, the payphone across the street rang which Sara answers.

"Greetings."

"Sara, you delivered the meat?"

"Indeed I have."

"I have one more task for you before you return to this mansion. I think Michael has took a lot of your time."

"What ever it is that you wish, Madonna?"

"This is about Kenneth Franco."

Half an hour later after the call, Sara, in a new clean set of uniform met Kenneth at the backdoor of his brothel.

"Hello there, Sara! My contributions finally come into fruition! I'm going to be an official member of the family!"

"Congratulations. I have heard of it as well, and the ceremony is being held at Harwick. I am instructed to drive you there by the Madonna herself."

"Alright! Oh happy day!" Chirped Kenneth as he hopped on the backseat of the motorbike.

A few minutes later, Sara and Kenneth arrived at the Harwick scrapyard.

"So, where's Lucrezia? Where's Mike and the others?"

"We're going to have to wait."

"Oh, one thing. You dealt with Tera, did you?"

"Yes indeed."

"I hope it isn't too brutal and you just talked to her--"

Kenneth's world then rocked into a sense of agony. He looked down to see Sara, with a kitchen knife that she took from her apartment kitchen, plunging the knife into his chest. Kenneth walked backwards, and the knife came off.

"S-Sara...? What did you... Aaaghhh!"

Sara kicks him to the ground, incapacitating him.

"The Madonna has ordered your death. She will never trust someone who ratted out on the previous family they served."

"And you just accepted it!? Stop it Sara!"

Sara took one step forward to Kenneth's downed body.

"Sara... Sara!"

One more step forward.

"Sara... I'm sorry."

"Pardon me?" Sara tilted her head in confusion.

"I said... I'm sorry. For everything... I didn't realize that you were acting so strange since we were kids I failed to be your best friend..."

"Friend...? Best friend...? You are? Mine?"

Kenneth's heart throbs painfully but he still nodded, as he used his left hand to cover the stab wound in his chest.

"You think you are my best friend...?" Sara then grins maliciously.

"I never recall you taking my side in MY childhood. You weren't... You were always with my aunt, reporting her whenever I'm amusing myself."

And yes, 'Amusing myself' meant her torturing innocent people and animals. After a small chuckle, Sara continued her questioning.

"If you really understood my feelings... From the 'love' my aunt and my parents gave me... Why were you always escaping? Now that is 'improper' and 'cowardly'!"

"You're right... I'm... Reflecting on it..."

"I don't even care... The only person that I need who understands me is my beloved. 'My Feelings', at any rate NONE of you, EVEN Madonna Malzeno can't understand!"

Sara begins to take heavy breaths, and she crouched down facing Kenneth.

"So now, please enlighten me... I am rather so curious about these 'things I should have done' that you mentioned, as my so-called best friend~" Sara asked, with a warm smile despite her twisted feelings.

"Heh... I dunno... Maybe THIS!?"

Sara felt something blunt hitting against her skull, staggering her a few feet backwards. She is then met with a hug by Kenneth who mustered his remaining strength to do so.

"What... That really hurt...!"

"Stop being a spoiled brat, and blaming other people for everything... You fucking coward!" Kenneth shouted, before he coughs out blood which stains Sara's right sleeve.

"Please, wake up Sara! Please realize who are you up against! I don't hate you! Neither does every single fucking individual in the world! I'm your friend!"

"Ke-hehehe..." A small chuckle escaped Sara's lips.

The next thing that Kenneth knew, his neck is met with a plunge from the kitchen knife Sara is holding.

"Aaah-HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's bullshit, and you knew it... You're like the rest of them! YOU'RE THE FUCKING COWARD, KENNETH!"

The news that evening broadcasts about the disappearances of two people. "Tera Colletti and Kenneth Franco were never seen or heard from again." Was all that Sara needed to listen to, as she sees the two boxes of meat being brought onto the steam ferry to be transported across the water to Freedom Island.

0