Chapter One – Entrance Exam pt. 1
922 2 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          Today is the day I have been waiting for, the entrance exam. “Scheeeee” I squeal out in excitement as I got ready.

“Honey you better hurry up or you’ll miss the train.”

“Yes mom I’m going as fast as I can”

I pack my gear in my bag get into my clothes, as I am packing I spot my mom with a loving look in her eyes.

“You know Adi your father and I believe you will pass but in case you don’t there is always Ketsubutsu academy remember your cousin teaches there so I’m sure she would put in a good word for you to get you in last minute.”

“I know mom but don’t worry I’ll pass and get into UA; besides I’ve only talked to cousin Emi a few times on video chat so it’s not like we are super close and nepotism isn’t always good mom.”

“I know sweetheart, but I just want you to fulfill your dream”

My mom looks at me misty eyed as she said that and I went over to give her a hug,

“Don’t worry mom I’ll crush this exam and make both of you proud when I become a hero”

“Oh Adi you already make us proud”,

“She’s right you know we both love you”

“Oh, hi dad and I love you too... oh crap gotta go!”

I rush out giving my mom and dad a kiss on their cheeks before hurrying to the train, bag in hand.

 

***

 

          Thankfully I made my train and then I headed towards the most famous of all the hero school UA, as I stood there in the crowd of hundreds, I am in awe at it. I may have seen some pictures and watched past events that took place here but its a whole other things actually being here. Unfortunately I am rudely taken out of my splendor by a loud voice.

"WEELCOMME KIDS THIS IS YOUR HOST PRESENT MIC YA DIG; HOPE YOU ARE ALL READY TO CRUSH THIS EXAM CAN I GET A YEAH!!!"....

Nobody responded to that except some kid with starts in his eyes.

"WELL COOOOME ON IN AND LETS START THE EXAMS."

As everyone started heading towards the signs saying 'exam' we are split up into different auditoriums filled with chairs. I grabbed the first chair I could find and once everyone filled in their seats papers started flying at all the desks before landing perfectly on them.

"Huh maybe some teachers quirk?" I thought to myself, I don't know hardly any of the teachers' names or quirks that work here so it's very possible someone has a wind or paper quirk or something weird like that.

"Begin" a voice says in an artificial voice

Overall, the written portion was pretty much what I have been studying and thankfully my dad's real-world questions weren't in there i mean seriously how am I supposed to know taxes are filled this early in life. Anyways once everyone was done with the test Present Mic came back.

"HEYYY EVERYONE, NOW THAT THE WRITTEN IS DONE ITS TIME FOR THE PRACTICAL, CAN I HEAR A YEAHHHH!!!!"

Once again... silence

"WELL, I'LL NOW EXPLAIN THE PRACTICVAL YALL, YOU WILL ALL BE DEFEATING VILLANS"

Murmurs and chatter begun at this mention.

"IN FRONT OF YOU IS NOW A PAMPLET SHOWING THE 3 TYPES OF ROBOT VILLANS YOU WILL BE FACING WITH THEIR POINT TOTALLS DEPENDING ON THEIR DIFFICULTY, BRING ANYTHING YOU WANT TO THIS FIGHT, THIS MOCK CITY FIGHT WILL LAT 10 MINUTES AND OF COURSE FIGHTING OTHER EXAMANIES IS PROHIBITED, YA DIG!!!"

At this point Present Mic was then interrupted by a tall kid in glasses moving his arm up and down like a robot, I wonder if his quirk is robotic or something?

"Excuse me may I ask a question" but before he was given a response he continued. "There appear to be 4 variants of robots on this sheet not the 3 you mentioned. such a blatant error, if it is one, is highly unbecoming for UA, Japan's top academy!!" he then turned looking at some green hair kid "and you with the curly hair, you have been muttering this whole time... it's distracting! If this is some sort of game to you then please leave!!" 

"Sorry" the green haired kid meekly replied.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT. EXAMINEE 7111, NICE CATCH THANKS! BUT THIS 4TH VILLAN GETS YOU ZERO POINTS! HE IS MORE OF A DISCTRACTION AND ONSTICLE!... NOW UNLESS THERES ANYTHING ELSE BREAK A LEG OUT THERE AND REMEMBER PLUS ULTRA!!!"

As everyone started heading to the locker rooms to change and get their gear ready including me. I thought back to the villains and the glasses kid that brought up the 4th villain.

"Mhm even though that kid seems uptight and kind of a jerk to the other kid he did bring up the zero pointer so not a total loss. Let's see if they really wanted an obstacle then it would have been better to do tons of smaller ones instead of one or two giants ones, there must be another component of the test here besides beating the villains. According to my dad when a hero reaches the scene of a villain attack there are three things you must do, check if you can see any civilians in immediate danger, see if other heroes are fighting said villain already and if so, can you help and triage and help where you can. There will obviously be other students fighting the villains but what if we can help each other or something mhm not sure, this is why hidden tests are so frustrating, maybe I'm overthinking things."

These thoughts crossed my mind as I finished changing and headed to the mock city.

40