Chapter Five – Expelled?
602 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          Now that all events were over and Bakugo calmed down Aizawa came to front of everyone.

“Now moving along. Time for the results.”

Everyone was on edge from this because according to what Mr. Aizawa said the person with the lowest score get expelled. I can’t let my dream die here today.

“Oh also I was lying about expelling someone.”

That caused everyone’s eyes, hearts, and heads to explode and freeze at the same time mine included. Especially after Aizawa continued.

“That was just a rational deception meant to bring out the best in all of you.”

“””WHAAAAAAA?!”””

The whole class yelled out in shock and disbelieve except for Yaoyorozu who look cool as a clam.

“Well of course it was a lie… didn’t take much to figure that out.”

Yaoyorozu’s comment wanted me scream at here but I buried that feeling and signed. I felt more tired from the past 30 seconds then I did doing all of those tests.

1st – Shoto Todoroki

2nd – Katsuki Bakugo

3rd – Momo Yaoyorozu

4th – Adeline Kobayashi

5th – Tenya Ida

6th – Fumikage Tokoyami

7th – Mezo Shoji

8th – Mashirao Ojiro

9th – Eijiro Kirishima

10th – Mina Ashido

11th – Ochako Uraraka

12th – Rikido Sato

13th – Tsuyu Asui

14th – Koji Koda

15th – Yuga Aoyama

16th – Hanta Sero

17th – Denki Kaminari

18th – Kyoka Jiro

19th – Toru Hagakure

20th – Izuku Midoriya

Oh nice 4th place I didn’t medal or anything but still respectable. I did beat Mr. robot arms Ida so I’m happy ha-ha.

“Hey Toru, good job on your tests today.”

“Thanks Adeline Second to last isn’t very good though.”

Toru seems particularly down right now so I had to pep her back up.

“Listen here Toru in any race there is always a first and last place you just gotta train to change what place you end up in, now with your particular quirk there isn’t much benefit in these events but once we do more combat or real world tests your rank should increase drastically, it’s all about perspective and beside if you really wanna get better at these events I can always train with you, I don’t mean to brag but I am pretty confident in my body with or without quirks.”

I say all of this giving a big smile. It’s so damn hard to tell if it helped without being able to see her face but I hope it helped a little at least.

“Thanks Adeline, you’re right once I can show how my quirk can be used I’ll wipe the floor with everyone. Also I might take you up on your offer, after all from what I say in the changing room, you got some muscles.”

I was always please when I was complimented but apparently hearing what Toru said about her seeing my body while changing caused several of the guy’s faces to turn into tomatoes.

“Ha-ha, common Toru let’s head back and get changed before we give the boys nosebleeds.”

 

***

 

          The rest of the day ended up being normal, we were introduced to the other teachers who would be teaching our normal classes such as English, Math, Science.

Once that was over it ended up being a short day but tomorrow would start normal classes. I was surprised originally to find out we lived relatively close to each other, well at least compared to our other classmates, we rode the same train about halfway before she got off then I rode it the rest of the way to my stop.

On the train we discusses  Mr. Aizawa, our other classmates and also what type of training she should work on at home. All in all it was nice to just hang out at least for a short while on the train.

When I got home my parents bombarded me as usual with questions on school and we talked a lot about it during dinner. Stating tomorrow my mom would be heading to a few different places in Japan to both meet with some family as well as do some art projects for work. Since she can paint anything she sees or has seen she is popular with people who want a photo-realistic scene made but in paining form.

After dinner, I took a shower and headed to bed, no homework for tonight but as I laid in bed I kept thinking about what Mr. Aizawa said to us. The world really was an unfair and unexpected place and heroes were one of the few factors keeping normal people from experiencing the unfair horrors that could happened in the world. I only hope I can do my part and save people; I hope to see a smile on people’s faces when I arrive, I hope to be able to save that damsel.

Those thoughts crossed my mind as I drifted off to sleep.

 

***

 

          I got up earlier than usual the next day, had breakfast, said goodbye to my parents and wished my mom good luck on her trip. I wouldn't see her for a couple of weeks, so I made sure to give her an even bigger hug than usual which made her happy. I then took the usual train to school, this time syncing up with Toru beforehand and taking the train together. 

"So, Adeline what do you think a normal day of school will be like, do you think we will be taken on hero missions?"

"Ha-ha-ha no silly from what I've read we won't be doing anything outside of school until 2nd year where we do internships, at least according to my cousin. She is a teacher at Ketsubutsu academy and according to her almost all schools follow the same general path as far as key events such as internships and work studies go. "

"Oh wow your cousin is a teacher, that must mean she is a hero right? Wait now that say that didn't you say your day was a hero as well?"

"Yep they both are, but my dad is retired now, he's the her: Card Shark" I say while puffing my chest in pride.

"Um sorry I am not familiar with many American heroes so sorry to say that I have no idea who that is."

That crushed me, I mean sure my dad is no All Might but he saved a good portion of people and to me he's number 1.

"Well he's saved people and is my role model so it's fine if you don't know his name  as long as I do."

"You know Adeline, I heard from Ochaco that Midoriya is a super crazy hero fan, and writes notebooks full of details on a bunch of heroes, she said that when he talked to her about it that it kinda freaked her out but maybe he's heard of your dad?"

"Huh, maybe. I'll have to ask him, it's a good thing he is right in front of me after all. Oh and good luck with Bakugo but remember I got your back."

"Thank Adeline that helps."

We continued to chat about our hopes for the school year as well as some gossip. Apparently, Toru got around and got a bunch of numbers from the other girls like Yaoyorozu, Ashido, Uraraka, Asui and has been texting with then since after school yesterday. This girl wastes no time.

It sure is a good thing that she is my best friend.

Some chapters have been longer than others, most being ~1000 words (Feedback?)
  • Split up the longer chapters to make more of them but all the same length. Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Keep having a mix and match when needed for story telling purposes. Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Make all chapters longer even if some extra filler material is needed. Votes: 4 16.7%
Total voters: 24 · This poll was closed on May 8, 2022 11:38 PM.
28