Chapter Six – Hero Training
632 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          School started with normal subjects; Present Mic taught us English which for me as an American was easy and boring so I mostly doodled in my notebook different ideas for runes I could put on different things. We then had math and science which was harder than I thought, apparently Japanese schools teach much more thoroughly than American schools do in earlier years, so I had a bit of catch up as far as those subjects were concerned, then we had lunch.

While eating a top-notch lunch made by the hero Lunch Rush I talked to some of my classmates.

"So Asui I am curious, is the reason you always say ribbit just a tick or due to your quirk?"

I guess that was a question out of nowhere because it caused Toru and a few others to stop eating and stare at me and Asui.

"Well ribbit my family all has this quirk and since I can remember we have all done it, so I am not sure I never really thought about it much ribbit. Also please call me Tsu. Although I suppose it's probably something to do with my quirk after all I'm basically a frog."

"Interesting thank you for answering me that question and sorry if that was offensive in any way, also Tsu please call me Adeline or Adi, whatever you prefer I am pretty indifferent to it."

"Alright Adi, well since we are on the subject of quirks can I ask you something about yours?"

"Of course, as long as it's not how to beat me I will happily answer, I am pretty proud of my quirk. It's pretty great."

I give Tsu and large grin as now everyone is listing, especially Midoriya who is writing in a notebook.

"Well, I notice during our testing yesterday you kept taking off your shoes and made motions with your fingers and then you got a lot faster. So what exactly is your quirk?"

"Oh right I guess we never did a full explanation of each others quirks, well essentially my quirk is call Runic and I can right in runic lettering on various objects what I want them to do, for example I could write on this piece paper the word heavy in runic script and it would be heavier than a normal piece of paper once I activated the runes. Not much heavier though but if I said increase weight by 5 kilos then it would do just that. The more information I write on the object the more powerful, accurate and longer lasting the effect. Does that answer your question Tsu?"

"Yes mostly, but I was also curious why your eyes change color?"

Alot of my classmates were now staring at my blue eyes, I guess none of them noticed yesterday.

"Good observation Tsu, well when I am using my quirk regardless of if I am writing the runes or activating the effects the color of my eyes turns golden in color, no sure why kinda like your ribbit thing I guess."

"Ah I see, thanks ribbit."

As our conversation was ending the bell rang and we made our way to class where we had a short history lesson on both Japanese history and hero history. Before our next class could start Midoriya who sat right in front of me turned to me and for the first time initiated a conversation with me.

"Um K-Kobayashi about your q-quirk, I had some questions regarding it."

"Sure go ahead like I said to Tsu I am proud and ready to answer."

"T-Thank you. Well you said you could write anything and the effect becomes more effective the more details your right and that you write all of this in Runic script correct?"

"Yes that right."

"W-Well does it matter what type of runes, like Nordic runes or ancient Latin or Germanic runes, d-do those make changes to time and effect?"

I was a little taken aback because he started talking faster and faster, I guess he gets super excited for these types of topics. I was about to answer him before Bakugo spoke up.

"Shut it you damn nerd!!"

That was a little excessive but yet again before I could answer we were all interrupted by the door sliding open and a figure sliding in.

"I Have!!... Come through the door like normal!!"

The way he entered was far from normal but to each their own.

The class was a buzz with chatter all excited about the #1 hero teaching their class and for him to even be in the same room as them, I can't say I wasn't excited either I mean it's All Might, of course you're gunna be at least a little starstruck.

"Now class, it's time for 'Hero Basic Training!' That will be the class I teach; this will put you through all sorts of special training to mold you into heroes!! No time to dally as today's activity is this!!" All Might held up a card that read battle. "Battle training!! For that you'll need these."

A click was heard and out of the walls came our 20 suitcases each with a number from 1 to 20 on it.

"In accordance with the 'quirk registry' and the special forms you filled out before being admitted into..."

The class and I interrupted All Might at this time as we were far too excited.

"""Costumes!! Yeahhhh!!"""

"After you change into your costumes, meet me in ground Beta!!"

 

***

 

Once we arrived, I got a good look at everyone's costumes and for the most part they all looked pretty good. From Bakugo's giant grenade wrist things to Midoriya weird rabbit ears all in all ide say there were no bizarre costumes... until I say Toru's. I nearly spit out all the non-existent water from my mouth when I saw her. Toru's costume consisted of shoes and gloves, nothing else. During an earlier conversation on the phone, I had asked her about her quirk and according to her she can't turn it off nor make her clothes or anything else invisible so I knew for a fact what her costume design meant... she was naked.

"Toru what are doing?" I said in a stressed whisper to her.

"What do you mean? Do you not like my costume?"

"Toru, why are you naked?"

"Oh that, well my whole thing is stealth and being invisible so this was the best thing I could think of and I think the gloves are cute, besides its not like people can see me."

"Yes they are cute gloves but" I gave a deep sigh "as long as you're happy then that's fine for me, just promise that if any guy starts ogling you or harassing you let me know so I can pluck their eyes out ok."

"Yes-Yes I will, gosh you sound just like my dad geez ha-ha-ha."

"Well as your best friend I just want what's best for you there is no problem with that is there?"

"No- no of course not silly by the way I love your costume it's so cool."

"Ya its super stylish!"

Before I could get to happy at Toru's impression of my costume Mina Ashido came up and pitched in her own compliment.

"Oh thanks Ashido, I basically tweaked a few designs from an old movie actress as well as some famous card throwers and made it more feminine and cool."

My costume consisted of coyote brown just below the knee boots, knee high thin socks which were olive drab green. Coyote brown short shorts. I had on a coat that was a mix between a trench coat and a cardigan with wide sleeves also coyote brown, but the length stopped halfway down the shorts, under the coat was a olive drab vest and under that a dark blue shirt with deep red lining. On the vest as well as inside the sleeves I had a series of cards as support items. These were different from my usual playing cards as they were made from carbon fiber and metal so the runes could last longer and give more range when thrown.

[Author's Note] A talented artist is currently working on Adeline's design and costume and will be shown in a later chapter [End of /author's note]

If I was asked to describe myself as a person, it was someone who was proud. I was proud of my look, my body, my quirk, my family and of course my costume, after all having a cool costume was one of the reasons why I wanted to be a hero because you can't save the damsel in distress looking like a bum or a clown.  So when I get complimented I usually stick out my chest  with middle C-Cups in all their glory and embraced the flattery.

"I Also like your costume Ashido, spandex fits you really nice, defiantly shows off those curves."

Ashido must also like flattery because she gave me a smile and spin while continuing to ground Beta.

         

          Once we all had arrived at ground Beta, All Might was standing there looking very majestic and powerful.

"Well!! Shall we begin, my wards? It is time for 'Battle Training'!!"

Before All Might could continue, he looked over at Midoriya or more specifically the rabbit ears on his costume and surprisingly was shaking and desperately trying to hold back laughter. Not sure why I mean maybe All Mights thinks rabbits are cute or funny or something, if that's the case though maybe he would laugh at Mirko the rabbit hero? Not sure I might just be missing something.

"Today you all will be moving to an anti-personnel battle training! Villain battles are most commonly seen outdoors but statically the most heinous villains are more likely to appear indoors. Between confinement, house arrest and black market deals... In the hero filled society of ours the cleverest villains out there lurk indoors!! You will now be split into villain and hero teams and face off against each other in a two- vs- two indoor battles!! Any Questions?"

Tsu was the first to speak up

"So no basic training?"

"Practical experience teaches you the basics! The distinction here is you won't be fighting disposable robots."

A whole lot of questions arose from the class after Tsu's.

"What determines victory?" - Yaoyorozu

"Can I just blast everyone away?" - Bakugo

"Are you threatening to expel someone like Mr. Aizawa did?" - Uraraka

"What kind of limits do we need to use when using our quirks indoors?" - Adeline

"How do we proceed to divide ourselves into teams?" - Ida

All Might while flipping through what looked like a tiny book in his hands started talking.

"Listen up!! Here's the deal. The villains will be hiding a nuclear weapon in the hideout and the heroes have to go in a take care of it! The Heros have a limited amount of time to either capture the villains or secure the weapon. The villains must either capture the heroes or protect the weapon until the time is out. As far as limiting your quirks or just blasting everyone away I will let your judgment be the answer to this so I can gauge what you think is the best for this battle!! Also, your battle partners will be decided by drawing lots!"

Ida didn't seem particularly happy about drawing lots, but he muffled his complaint due to Midoriya's next comment.

"Makes sense to me because heroes often have to team up with other pros from different agencies on the spot in emergencies."

"Right you are Young Midoriya, now let's get to it!!"

We then started drawing lots to see who our partner would be and if we were a villain or hero.

 

Team A - Hero: Midoriya & Uraraka

Team B - Hero: Todoroki & Soji

Team C - Villain: Yaoyorozu & Adeline

Team D - Villain: Ida & Bakugo

Team E - Hero: Ashido & Aoyama

Team F - Villain: Koda & Sato

Team G - Hero: Kaminari & Jiro

Team H - Hero: Asui & Tokoyami

Team I - Villain: Hagakure & Ojiro

Team J - Villain: Kirishima & Sero

 

Time for Battle Training.

26