Vol. 3 Chapter 28- Collection
18 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A ring, two bracelets, a necklace, a brooch, and a matching shoe buckle."

Darris sat at the harbor sorting the little pile of trinkets that Oriander had just handed to him. He added the remaining two to the bunch. That made eight in total. All but the gold pen shimmered silver. He could see the power that flowed within each.

He was tempted to return to the girl's home and let her activate every piece at once to see what the complete energy looked like, but no. He had to show restraint. For one, the girl needed time to recover, both physically and mentally. He had pushed her far past her limits this night. And he even threatened her family. It was a reluctant decision but a necessary one. It would ensure she stayed where she was unless she chose to run anyway, which meant that she was willing to sacrifice her loved ones for self-preservation.

He was confident that she wouldn't run, that she would grow stronger from this encounter, though who knows how long she needed to do so. He had to be patient. She would soon be strong enough to wield every piece.

He did not want to overwhelm her with all the power of Urzuran at once. She had already overextended her abilities with that Heaven's Wrath spell of hers. She needed far more training before she could wield it all.

But Darris couldn't help but imagine the girl at her full potential. Would the sword reassemble? What a spectacular sight that would be!

"Right then," Darris stood, scooping up all the pieces and dropping them in his pocket. "It's time to go." He raised his arm and summoned the portal. This had already become second nature to him.

Oriander stepped up next to him. His face remained as stoic as ever, but his aura radiated excitement. His warrior's soul was on fire.

Darris smiled at him. "Are you happy to be back in Tokyo?"

"Indeed, my Hidaar. One of the pieces fell within Tokyo stadium. So, I had the privilege to enter."

It had been easy enough to find out where the portal had spat him out in the world. Some chance city in the Orient would normally have had no significance to Darris. But to Oriander, this place was like Mecca. It was where he had witnessed a display of "true Ahngreelness." Something about the fall of a champion. Part of his boxing obsession.

Oriander made a point to go every year in hopes of seeing another such miracle. It at least explained why Darris had ended up here, as it was the last place the portal had gone to. 

It also could prove helpful for Darris to bring Oriander out of retirement. Oriander had served him faithfully for centuries. But he didn't need Oriander, the servant. He needed the Boiling Brawler.

"I see. I'm glad. Do you ever see yourself fighting there someday?"

Oriander blinked, "Me? Fight at Tokyo Stadium? I suppose. If I'm worthy. Why do you ask?"

"I've been thinking," Darris paused, allowing the suspense to build slightly as Oriander's excited aura doubled. He seemed to be hanging on Darris's every word as if he knew what Darris was planning. "It's about time I reinstated the Equituum, don't you think?"

Oriander gaped at him as they entered the portal. All stoicism forgotten

3