The Sobbing Half-Elf
5.1k 9 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After having noticed my presence, the girl flinched slightly and then looked up at me with her teary, panic stricken eyes. 

 

A bit rude of a look if I say so myself, I know I’m not the most beautiful person in the world, but you don’t have to have that reaction just from seeing me!

 

I’m just kidding of course~

 

Anyway, now that I was standing right in front of the girl, I could finally get a good look at her features. She appeared to be somewhere around 10-12 years old, and about 4 feet and 6 inches in size. Her long hair was colored green in a way that seemed to blend seamlessly with the surrounding greenery, and would look gorgeous if not for the unkempt state it was currently in.

 

Her shining eyes, as a result of the tears that had fallen from them, were a beautiful deep brown that was reminiscent of the beautiful coloration of the forest. She had small lips that were currently dry and bruised in what appeared to be a very painful matter. Her face was small and round, giving her an incredibly cute appearance that made me feel indignant that anyone would ever harm such a precious creature, all the more exacerbated by the pointed ears that adorned the sides of her head.

 

She had long and thin limbs, which I guess is common for those of elven descent. However, her body was covered with bruises and in an emaciated state that gave her a miserable appearance. She was wearing a while blouse with a beige skirt, clothes that would undoubtedly have enhanced her adorableness factor if not for the tattered state they found themselves in. She was also wearing a pair of boots that went up to just above her ankles, which at least appeared to be in a good state….

 

Honestly, looking at her from close, it’s really hard to not feel sorry for the little elf. Seeing such a cute little thing, you can’t help but want to help her.

 

And it was with such a sentiment in my heart that I asked her what was wrong. Which, if you think about it, was a pretty stupid move on my part….

 

After having asked her this, the girl continued to stare at me with her terrified eyes as she mumbled something that was incomprehensible to me. It was not until I heard her that I noticed my obvious error.

 

I mean, hadn’t I already established that I most likely wouldn’t have known the language of the people of this world!

 

Not only that, I could see the reflection of my demonic eyes staring back at me from her pupils! Really… How could I have overlooked something so obvious!

 

Thankfully after her mumbling, I was able to glean into the nature of the language from just her short words, and a new language was added to my head.

 

Which means I now speak two languages! Sorry Spanish, I don’t really know you all that well….

 

Wait… yes I do. Can’t I just glean into myself and learn spanish from what I’ve remembered after being forced to study it for all those bloody years?

 

Let me see…. 

 

Bueno, pero miren que sí puedo! Y wow, ‘donde estar el banjo?’, estoy avergonzada de haber dicho questa cosa….

 

No es mi culpa saben? Es la culpa de la educación pública digo yo!

 

Anyway, now is not the time to marvel at my new language.

 

What? You can’t speak spanish? 

 

Just google translate it like everyone else. Duh!

 

Back to the topic~

 

So, after turning off my ability and having my eyes return to their normal blue coloration…. 

 

Oh yeah, I never described myself, did I?

 

I have plain brown hair and light blue eyes which I honestly don’t think look as good as you might think most blue eyes do. As for my body, well, let’s just say it’s average. You don’t have to worry too much about it for now.

 

So, with my appearance looking more normal, I bent down and attempted to put on the nicest smile I could possibly muster as I asked her:

 

“Hey there little lady, could you tell me what’s wrong and why you’re here?”

 

The little elf stared at me for a whole minute in which time she had, thankfully, stopped sobbing. She was undoubtedly trying to see who I was and whether I was a friend or foe and, considering the matter of my glowing eyes, I can’t blame her for having some apprehension towards me. However, after having switched her gaze and focusing at my ears, the little elf surprisingly asked in an almost inaudible raspy voice:

 

“A-are you… a human?”

 

After hearing this, the smile on my face faded a bit as I responded absentmindedly:

 

“Uhhh… yes I am, why do you ask?”

 

Having heard my response, the girl’s eyes which were previously devoid of emotion began to regain their focus slightly as she asked in a louder and more excited tone:

 

“D-do you p-perhaps know my father? His name is Alfred Rondestar and is s-supposed to be a great adventurer from Velen!”

 

I was slightly taken aback due to her small outburst. However, regaining my composure, I soften my smile since I knew my answer would disappoint her as I responded:

 

“No sorry. I’m afraid I don’t know your father. Actually for that matter, I don’t really know anyone. Everyone I know I can no longer see, so I guess you’re the first person that I can say I ‘know’ now. So please forgive me for being unable to tell you about your father, ok?”

 

After hearing the beginning of my response, the small light in her eyes began to fade again. However, after hearing the remainder of my statement, the small elf looked up at me with curious eyes and once again asked in a barely audible voice:

 

“Are you… all alone?”

 

Staring at her inquisitive eyes with a serious expression, I responded:

 

“Yes, I’m afraid I am”

 

After hearing my response, the small elf stared straight at my eyes as if looking for any signs of falsity before saying:

 

“Then you’re just like me….”

 

After hearing her melancholic response, I decided to question her:

 

“What do you mean ‘just like me’? Are you all alone?”

 

“Yes, I was kicked out of my home and told to leave elsewhere or they would kill me.”

 

Hearing the rather extreme response, I decided to ask the girl a simple question that would have answered my suspicions:

 

“Why… Why were you kicked out?”

 

After my question, the little girl became more depressed than before as she slowly lowered her head answering:

 

“Because I am a half-elf.”

 

And now we’re back to where we started last chapter. Phew, that was quite a bit don’t you think?

 

Seriously, why is it that in stories where elves and half-elves appear, there always seems to be some form of extreme discrimination against the latter. This is really such a dumb clitche. I mean, look at the poor girl in front of me. How could anyone make such a cute thing cry! Ridiculous! 

 

I wonder if her mom was keeping her status as a half-elf a secret and had her escape the village after they found out telling her to look for her father. Anyway, I should just ask her and figure out her situation. Then, I could take her to a nearby city or something and see if I can find her dad. I doubt it’ll be as easy to find as she makes it seem even if he’s famous, but at least something might get done.

 

Thus, with such thoughts in my head I decided to ask the little elf:

 

“Is that so? Tell me little elf, why are you all alone here? Don’t you have any family or friends in your home who can help you leave this place and find your dad?”

 

After having asked what was in retrospect, a very stupid and insensitive question, the little elf looked up at me as she squinted her eyes, which once again were tearing up, and started trembling. Though, my heart felt like it had dropped after seeing her expression, little did I know that the answer I would hear from the mouth of this little elf, would be what would truly set me on the path to becoming a Demon Lord…

109