Interlude I: The Kingdom of the Sacred Tree Pt. 1
4.1k 9 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Let them into the hall!”

 

With the shout from the knight dressed in luxurious golden armor standing just below the throne at the left side of the man sitting on it, two gigantic ornate doors were pulled open to reveal a group of five people that, although they were dressed in expensive and high quality equipment, had disheveled appearances even though you could tell that they had attempted to make themselves more presentable before entering the room.

 

Walking through large open doors, the group started to walk inside in an orderly fashion. At the head of the group stood a woman who appeared to be between her late-teens to early-twenties, covered fully in light silver armor decorated with a range of different motifs. Hanging from her hip at the right side could be seen a rapier with a dark blue handle encased in an equally blue sheath. Meanwhile, hanging from her left side could be seen a small blue round shield. The young woman had gem like emerald colored eyes as well as long emerald colored hair that would undoubtedly look beautiful if not for the unkempt state it found itself in.

 

Following behind her were two different youths who looked to be around the same age range as her. Walking on the left side was a tall handsome man with blonde hair and blue eyes. Just like the woman before him, he was fully covered in silver armor. However, unlike her he wore heavy armor that was not heavily decorated but instead held the simple design of a buck in front of a large tree splayed across his chest. Also in contrast to the girl, instead of a rapier and small shield, he wielded a large claymore which hung from his right side as well as a large kite shield that hung from his back which also shared the same motif as his armor.

 

To the man’s right was a short woman wearing a large brimmed hat with a pointed top that bent to the side, a hat all too common among mages and wizards. She also wore a large robe that covered her from her shoulders to just above her ankles. While both her hat and robe were brown in coloration, from inside her robe could be seen a blue long sleeved shirt as well as a beige pair of pants. Holding her beige pants was a dark brown belt that held a different assortment of items hanging from it. Falling from the sides of her head were two blue long braids that reached to her lower back. Adorning her dark green eyes were two large round glasses, that gave her a scholarly appearance. On her hands were a pair of brown gloves, and on her feet a pair of black ankle boots. On her right hand was an old looking wooden staff which stood taller than her. Unlike the distraught mood of her other companions however, she appeared to be in a chipper mood as she walked humming silently to herself.

 

Lastly, following from the back were a tall man who appeared to be in his late-twenties and an elven woman who appeared to be in her mid-twenties. The man wore simple black leather armor with a few more heavily reinforced areas that covered the vitals. The man had a head of black messy hair and deep dark brown eyes that seemed to be capable to gaze into you. On his right hand was a long resplendent golden spear that appeared to be exuding mana. Meanwhile, placed on his lower back was a large sheathed knife that was most likely used for emergencies.

 

The elven woman to the man’s could be seen standing at the same height as the man. Though despite both of them being relatively tall, they were both shorter than the heavily armored man to their front. The elven woman was concealed by a hooded cloak that was brown and green, clearly in a pattern meant to camouflage her in the wild. Her hands sported a pair of black leather gloves, and on her feet were an equally black pair of boots that, although they couldn't be seen due to the cloak, covered all the way to just below her knees. From her hood could be seen short purple hair that just reached under her ears, as well as a pair of sharp maroon colored eyes that gave her a fierce look. Adorning the sides of her head were two long ears that whose length could not be determined, as they were hidden by the hood. On her right hand she carried a large brown wooden bow, while on her back tied to her quiver was a short black bow.

 

With the woman at the front reaching to the front of the steps that led up to the throne, the group stopped walking at the same time and all but the girl at the front bowed reverently in a synchronized manner. At the same time that the group stopped, a man standing to the right of the man sitting on the throne signaled for all in the luxurious hall to exit the room. Thus in less than a minute, all that remained in the large hall were the group of five people who had just entered, as well as the man on the throne and his two aides.

 

The man sitting on the throne was a man who was in his mid-forties sporting a full head of graying green hair and a beard that had a larger percentage of gray hair. Despite his gray hair the man still showed a great deal of vitality in his sturdy looking body and his sharp emerald colored eyes. The man who was clearly the king was dressed in a regal attire with a simple crown adorning his head.

 

Looking at the young woman who was staring straight at him, the king called out in a firm tone:

 

“My daughter Diana, do tell your father how your mission has faired”

79