Chapter 1 *Remake*
52 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I awoke, I found myself in a room of stark white. As I stared into the light I tried to move myself starting from my fingers all the way to my toes. As my mind starting clicking I noticed a shadowy man in my field of vision. He sat there on a platinum-silver throne with a mischievous grin on his face.

"So you have awoken little boy." 

Little boy? I looked around and noticed that my body seemed quite a bit smaller than before. Now that I think about it, I am wearing clothes different from what I would normally wear. And, where am I?

"It seems your brain is finally catching up with the situation. I guess that is what happens when a clever soul wastes its potential in completely meaningless ways." The man stated. He peered at me a smirk but his eyes revealed a different story. In its depths a cold, calculating and ruthless visage appeared seeming to attract my eyes. As I stared deep into its eyes he finally showed a look of glee, shaking me from my glance.

I shake my head trying to get the image of the eyes out of my head but it sticks there as if it was seared into my brain forever taunting me with it's appearance. As I tried to get my head around it all, I felt a flow of information pour into me in waves. At first they were calm and my brain absorbed the information quite easily, but as it went on longer it came at faster and more vicious intervals until-

*click*

I felt as if something in me snapped. Suddenly all the information flowed easily, now matter how hard the flow of information came, I felt as if my mind automatically sorted the information into reasonable chunks before finally reading it.

As my mind quickly read through the reason able chunks, I finally realized the situation and only one word came to mind. "Reincarnation."

"Exactly." The shadowy figure replied, seemingly pleased as if he had obtained an interesting toy. "I was wandering the realms when I found a planet rid of its magical energy. Intrigued I scanned through the world and I surprisingly found that the world core had just been destroyed and all the life on the planet was dying out."

He grinned and looked into the distance as if reminiscing. "Who would have thought that I had found the soul of a chosen one of the world that was dying out on the planet. From the information I crammed into you, you should know what I am talking about, right?

I skimmed through the knowledge that was crammed into me and found out what he was talking about 'Chosen of a world are people who's souls are made of the blessings and hope of a world to fight against anything that may do harm or destroy the world.' 

He grinned, seeming pleased with the conclusion I came up with. In his hands he created a clear cube in which a floating landmass laid within. "As a soul who I saved from an untimely demise. It shouldn't be too much to send you into a world of mine to settle in until you can grow up. As a chosen one you have quite the potential, but potential remains as it is until you can utilize it as your own strength."

Then, in the air in front of me, a screen appeared like in those rpgs. It glowed a bright blue hue. On the screen I found what looked to be a character creation page. As I stared at the page with its countless options I noticed that it moved with my mind.

"This is a character creation page, saves most gods from having to do all the details themselves and ensures that any problems are solely the fault of the soul and not the god. Go ahead, I'll just relax here doing my things." 

I notice that in front of the shadow man appeared a screen with unknown contents within. As I turn my head to the screen in front of me I finally take the time to settle my thoughts.

'It appears that I was some kind of important soul and that my world was dying from what the shadow figure was saying. From what I can tell in the information that was forcefully crammed into me, it appears that I am going into a world with a mix of magic and primitive technology. As I should be getting reincarnated with the god/god-like figure in front of me, this screen should be my sort of 'cheat' going into this new world.'

Slowly and methodically I scanned through the various options weighing my options until I landed on a race of creature known as the golem. Among the various creatures in this world, they are the most unusual as they are a man-made creature. They are made by turning a soul into a crystal like structure and powering a body known as a construct. The reason I chose this as my race was because golems can live off of only the mana that flows in the air. Oh, should I have mentioned that there is magic in this world. 

Magic is the creation of phenomenon using any magic particles in the air. In this world, magic particles are are found all throughout the land. excluding space which may not contain magic, all areas in the world have at least a minor amount of mana. As soon as I chose the golem as my races, I found the veritable tons of options that a golem could have.

I methodically skim through the various options until I made all the various changes I wanted in my golem body. In front of me laid a blue gray metal golem. It has four spider like legs to provide more balance and two arms with hands that can be detached and reattached simply. the hands have a variety of long ranged weapons hidden in its clunky metal appearance, while still as flexible as a human hand. The legs also have a jet thrust in order to prevent any embarrassing falls. 

The body can also deform into an aerial plane and a submarine, though both forms only have simplistic long ranged attacks and are made for convenient travel over water and in the skies. 

As I confirmed my choice, a stat page appeared on the screen.

 


Name: N/A

Race: Type-V242 Unique Type Basic Multipurpose Mini-Golem 

Skills: [Deformation], [Convenient Travel], [Simple Weapon-handling], [Auto Translation], [Appraisal], [Unique: Super Computation]

Rank: C- Rank (Small danger to a small town, can destroy a well defended village simply)


 

I looked at the stat page curiously. In the information flood I knew that I would be getting a status page, but seeing it with my own eye was a still a shocker. As I looked at each section of the page a simple explanation was provided for every part I looked into. 

Name should be obvious, and only after I input one would I be reincarnated. 

Race shows that the V in type-V stands for variant, or customized golems in other words. Basic means that the golem isn't specialized in anything and mini golem shows off that the golem can still grow further even after I reincarnate.

The skills I have are explained as follows:

  • Deformation allow me to change between my land water and sky forms.
  • Convenient travel allows me to set a point as a travel destination and my body will move in that direction automatically and conserves my mana consumption in travel.
  • Simple Weapon handling allows for basic use of any object as a weapon and associated maintenance means as well as how to make basic tools out of basic materials.
  • Auto translation should be obvious as it translates any native language into a form I can understand and vice versa. Appraisal is the basic skill of reincarnations and allows for simple identification of non-living objects and rough estimates on the status of a living object depending on how well it can defend against my identification.
  • My unique skill allows my brain to flow up to 10x speed when active and when passive can speed up natural thought processing speed as well as other tasks that require mental thought. 

And, the final section, rank shows off what rank I would be considered in the Adventurer's guild based on a F-SSS scale with EX rank for anything above. 

As I finally finished seeing through the status I slowly thought of a name for myself. As I am going to a new world and my last has come to an unfortunate end I want to choose a new name that can represent my new self. After a few minutes I found a name that I wanted to rewrite my past one with.

 


Name: Vari

Race: Type-V242 Unique Type Basic Multipurpose Mini-Golem 

Skills: [Deformation], [Convenient Travel], [Simple Weapon-handling], [Auto Translation], [Appraisal], [Unique: Super Computation]

Rank: C- Rank 


 

As soon as I input the name the screen flickered and turned into particles and floated toward me. As each fleck of light flowed into me I felt my memories of my old life slip away. It seems that I can't keep my memories of my past to my future. I guess it is a measure that prevents any attachment from my past life affect me from living my old life. As I felt the last parts of my memory flow away, a single image was left ingrained into from my past that stayed longer than the others.

A picture of me and my sister. Suddenly a locket appeared before me and the memory of that image stuck itself onto the locket and hung itself on my neck.

"A final gift and consolation for your previous life. It is locked onto your soul and can only be worn by and used by you. You could also call it your side and use it as a dimensional anchor if you were to ever leave or get moved to another dimension." The God said as I slowly felt my existence fall. 

As I slowly disappeared from view I could barely make out the words the god said.

"I hope you'll enjoy it this time...your own life."

 

Hi, ItzATrap52 here. Sorry for not writing in a long while. Writing is just one of the things I tried and disliked doing. Now that I am older and have a more defined writing style (I think) I wanted to go back and re write the story. The story is currently not going under any schedule, I plan to write this at whatever pace I find myself writing this at. I hope I won't just forget about this again but who knows. Anyways, I'll see you next chapter and hopefully many chapters to come!

0