Chapter 2 *remake*
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I had awoken, I found myself in an unfamiliar environment. Trees tall enough to reach the clouds covered the sky above me, only trickling faint flashes of light to the floor. Various plants that seemed unrecognizable to me. All around me was a primordial jungle, untouched by civilization. 

Then I had finally taken a look at my self. A bluish gray metallic body, an exact replica of the model from before. So this is another world, huh? I wonder why my feelings feel so subdued. 

Then, all the various abilities of my golem body, as well as how to activate them appeared in my mind before being categorized like before. I shook my body to get everything going. 

A colored layer suddenly flowed in front of my eyes. After a few seconds my vision returned to the original, but now each object in sight had an extra sign on it. I focused on the mark on a tree and a very familiar screen displayed itself in front of me.

 


Name: Great Oakal Forest Tree

Rank: NA (Non-Agressive)


 

After a moment of processing I analyzed that the effect of the various marks were to designate Appraisal targets as it seemed the most likely cause. I began to appraise all I could around me. Apparently, I have been reincarnated in a place known as the Great Oakal Forest. A forest seems like a friendly territory to be reincarnated into for most of the options available. 

From what was appraised, there are few danger points besides some herbs that can cause rashes on contact. Although, an inorganic body like mine needs not to worry about such things. As I glance about, I think about what my next goals would be. Although a living body may require various needs for survival, golems can survive almost anywhere. All I would need to survive is a way to protect myself from any danger.

I looked at the various trees and branches and various weapon making plans appeared in my mind. It seems that Simple Weapon Handling is coming in far more useful than I thought. Various types of weapons appear in my mind before only a few appear in my mind.

"Dagger or claws" I state, surprised by my monotone voice, I glance at where my mouth would be, only to remember that I may not be speaking from my mouth. Although surprised, I continued to ponder my two options. In a dense jungle any longer weapon might hinder me more than help. Daggers and claws are quite good in this regard, in addition to being sharp which provides more convenience when facing various plants. Daggers are quicker to make, but time isn't really an issue as I don't have any immediate needs. 

I decided as such and started to collect the materials. To make the claws, I need to obtain a hardy wood that can keep its edge for a while. After a while of searching, I had found a fairly sturdy branch from an unknown tree. I slowly shaved the edge down using various surfaces until it had an edge I was satisfied with. Afterwards, finding and shaving the branches I found would be more convenient now that I knew the kind of wood I was looking for and had a sharp edge to shave with. 

After obtaining all 10 claws I decided to attach the claws to the end of my fingers using the Deformation skill. Although the skill is mainly used for my major transformations, it can also help with minor changes to its structure. After deforming my fingers to wrap around the claws, I finally started to scan the perimeter. 

After rough scan, I had found myself in a forest basin. After making a mental map of the surroundings, I found that the basin seems to be manmade as it was made in the shape of a fist 30m in radius. It seems like this world is quite scary since if a single fist can cause this much damage, then a full scale battle could easily smash a city apart. 

After accessing the situation, I decided that maintaining a base here would be beneficial as there are no signs of living life above ground and no holes to reveal any underground creatures. As it seems uninhabited, any hostile life would not find any changes as long as the changes are minimal. Especially since the trees above hide the place from any aerial surveillance. Only magic or perhaps a wide scale metal detection method would detect any changes.

As I searched for a place to create a base, I noticed an unusual bump in the ground near the center of the basin. After digging it out I noticed that it was actually a skeleton. Not a moving fantasy skeleton, but a corpse. 

0