Chapter 4: Eris love
76 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- Remember the plan darling. We've got to impress everyone in this party, but we don't want to be dragged by anyone for long, for the time is short and we need to maximize your reach.

I still wonder, Eris new toy thought, if this goddess is either a buffoon or a clever strategist.

- Don't you think that a year and a half is too little time to prepare for this task?

- Well, we can always start from scratch if this goes wrong. Said the goddess with killing intent.

- We've got it in the bag, trust me. First try, you just have to believe it! Said the poor beggar with pray on his heart.

That night was short, yet the once a free man on a prison cell, felt it an eternity. A punishment from the gods for being born poor. Oh the irony, he had to pretend to be of the aristocracy to save his own life, when those who were in that position, were the ones that throw him into that prison cell, which started this whole dilemma.

Though to the goddess surprise and dismay. This broken man was not only charismatic, but also capable to adapt to any individual that he talked to. With the cynical he spoke no true words, to the sophisticated, he clothed his tongue with regalism, and his words with delicacy, with the strong he overwhelmed them with passion, but everyone felt, as if the man was more that he let on, as he was an ideal or a beacon of light.

Of course all of that was pure act. For the man had to be the very definition of charisma, if he didn't want to die, for the goddess made it quite clear, that if he didn't succeed that night, then it was to be the last.

Now, as he was seducing the hearts of the people that attended that party, he saw the goddess facial features and how they changed. He noticed her true intentions, for this man's perception was as depth as the ocean floor. She wants me to fail, he thought. She wants to fail so she can kill me! But why? What have I've done to anger her such? I've spent year and a half doing her will, I studied everything she wanted me to and indulged her desires. Maybe I over did it with the darling thing?

As he was thinking of the reasons behind her actions, the party was over and the plan a complete success, so he once again, decided to look upon the goddess face, to see what future might expect him now.

Her face was filled with ecstasy, a smile from ear to ear, and not the kind that makes you feel at ease.

She is enjoying herself, he realized. She wants me to succeed, so my hopes are up high before she makes me plunge into the dark. She wants me dead, while full of glory and trust.

Oh poor man, destined to nothingness, light shone his way on that dark cell, but said light was not of freedom, not of warmth. But of a fire waiting for the sacrifice.

Her name is Eris, and her desire is not pure. Tragedy is her domain and fall but her delight.

- Oh hun, you make me so happy! Now we can move onto the next stage. Eris said as she embraced his arm with such godly grip.

0