Chapter 7: A goddess tears
43 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The goddess decided to go for a walk, in order to collect her thoughts. What does she want? She asked herself. What did I want from such a lowly man?

Did I not want to mess around? To make him fear me at every turn? I needed to use him as a sacrifice in order to bring happiness and comfort for the rest of the world, as I had planned to make it happen.

- But... I love him now. What have I done? I cannot afford to love anybody... It would be better for him to die, than being loved by me. She said, as tears comforted her cheeks. She was now the broken one, so devoid of pretense, she could no longer hide her true self. She was truly lost, for she loved a man, she thought, that was far better she deserved.

Even if everything was but a misunderstanding, this was the first time the goddess was able to break free, from the chains of the past. I was a slave of my duties, and resented fate. But now I think, that it was all worthy, all but me.

Oh fair maiden, you that were lost, have you forgotten the days of your youth? Were you not kind and gentle and full of truth? So what had happened, to turn you into this state. Oh fair maiden, the man you love it's your undoing, yet your rebirth.

The tears have dropped, alongside the mask of her rot.

2