Chapter 14: Agent 000
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moon was still, vigilant were the stars. Atop of a building across the goddess home, stood a man on a gray coat made of hide.

- My family's been hunting monsters for 15 generations.

Werewolves, vampires, dragons, you name them we slain them.

But now our greatest challenge befell on me. For the strongest witch was spotted. With mere gestures she was capable of burning a crowd in less than a second. Then vanish without casting a spell or use runes. Her powers are to fear!

- But this I, the great Benjamin Lockhart, the one who will put a stop to such creature of the dark!

I was watching for clues of where to find her nest, took me years but now I know. She use to live on a hotel, but now lives in a house on the beach, close to the city's exit, and with a prisoner no doubt, or a slave. Whatever she might be doing to the poor bastard is beyond my knowledge, but I'm certain that even if I could save him, he will never be the same. Oh you poor man, how the stars have betrayed you! No mercy on the weak! None to be found.

But enough of such thoughts, a witch is in need of slaying and slaying shall I do!

- Slaying me I assume?

- You assume well evil witch! Or my name is not Benj- Uuh.

- It's a pleasure to know you Benjuu, could I ask you what arm you like the most?

An interesting question indeed my fair lady, a question that I've pondered for such a long time, and I still question if I'm not wrong in such a matter! Why! I think I will have to go back home in order to give you a proper answer!

- In a coffin you may... Said the goddess as she approached the man.

- Aha! Dextrauskha! Said the monster hunter before the runes beneath the goddess activated.

- The light of purity vanquishes evil! No monster can ellude them, for all are mortal in eyes of the stars!

- Not all are mortals. Unscathed as she was kept moving towards the hunter.

- Khazhim! In a flash the hunter vanished in the dark of night.

- You cannot scape for all paths leads to me, I adress you by name, Benjamin Lockhart, and summon thee to my side!

In a burst of flames, he was in the presence of Eris once more. He realized, all too late, that she might've been slightly above his capabilities. 

She smiled and said: 

- Okay, I will let you leave with a warning. Don't bother me anymore okay?

- Sorry but no can do, it's but my obligation to bring justice to this world, and pierce the thick dark that plagues it. In a second he pulled another rune, the Hauxfeld, a rune of imposition, as long as his will was strong he could imprison anything... but if he faltered, so would he, lose his life. The last gamble on this hunt.

- I'm immune...

- Well then, call me done, well done. Said the man with a laughter on his mouth.

The goddess laughed. And protected the man from the backlash of the rune.

- I'll leaving now, I've got a date with my boyfriend so please stop trying to hunt me, I'm above your pay.

- Can I ask you something at least?

- What?

- Why did you kill those people?

- Those people?

- At the park, they were surrounding you and you burn them to the ground.

- Oh those! I didn't kill them, just send them a day into the future, tho I'm shocked, no one could've known that, I made sure to place a spell of blind.

- Lord Xander the immaculate proctects me from that.

- Oh that asshole, great! Well, don't worry then, they are alive and quite likely in their homes.

- Why do I think you're not a mere witch?

He didn't finish the sentence that she no longer was there.

- Did she know lord Xander? I was dancing with flames, he he.

0