Chapter 16: Flame rekindled
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today is the day of reckoning, the day where my hubris will be punished. But I'm strong, I won't give up now that I found love! I don't care if her father is a god or not, I will fight till the end!

-...

- Honey?

I can do it, I can do it, I can't do it, I just can't!

- Honey?

Why is she inviting him now! We were so happy until now. There was no need! Maybe if she calls off the dinner and rearrange it for the next week I could get enough strength to face him, or better yet, never invite him at all...

- That's it, tell your dad that I don't feel well and we better do this another time, maybe in a year or so.

- ...

- ...

Both father and daughter were speechless. Was that a joke? Is this what mortals find funny?

I'm fucked! Thought the silly man. Why didn't she tell me he was here! And how didn't I hear the ringing? He teleported didn't he? That cheat teleported and now I'm certainly fucked.

- Dad he is my husband, honey he this is my father.

- A pleasure...

- Would you like a sword through your chest or to drown on a pool of blood?

The man started trembling, the father was worse than Eris during her worst. He lost all color on his skin and started to sweat before my sister said:

- Dad! He's my husband so treat him well or you'll never see me again!

- I'm sorry I'm sorry, I was just jesting.

Didn't seem like he was joking.

The table was set and the man cooked pasta with bolognese. Cooking seemed to always calm him down. They started eating and they didn't mutter a word, until my sister broke the ice and said:

- I want a child father...

The man looked to her face his eyes bloodshot and dry, all his veins marked on his face, he almost had a stroke and interestingly enough my lord father looked the same. The air was so tense that 100% of the bacteria died.

- I want to know of a way to have one with my husband, so please, tell me if there's any.

Why, why, why, why, why, why would you keep pushing! You can just kill me on your own, no need for third parties. So please for the love of you, shut up! Wait, is she trying once more to have me kill? Is this her way to get rid of me? The prisoner was angry, for he doubted once more his beloved. After all, old habits take root in the deepest of the mind.

- That I'm willing to come to you and even tolerate this relationship of yours after all you've done, all the damage you've caused, and you have the audacity to ask me that? Do you want to see another city burnt? More innocents killed?

My sister, Eris, cried, and tried in vain to clean her face and retake her composure.

My sister's beloved slammed the table in anger. He did not know what were they talking about, but her tears spoke volumes, that her father, crossed the line.

- Of whatever you were talking, I have no idea, but one thing I know is that your words were not told to reprimand, but to open old wounds and release your anger. You are not worthy of being a father, much less a god.

My father looked at the man, he for the first time in millennia was calm. He remembered his old ways and realized how corrupted he was. He let a single tear kiss his face before saying:

- There's truth in your words young. I'm sorry my daughter, do forgive this old fool.

- It's okay father, but please, I want to know...

- It's possible, he said, but it will demand a sacrifice.

- What kind of sacrifice?

- Your divinity.

- Then teach me how to do it.

0