Prologue: Fated Meeting
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the year 2127 the world had been at war for over 50 years with the American National Collective (ANC) which was spearheaded by an extremist political group who rose to power under the guise of providing equality for all. By 2070 their influence and propaganda had already spread into schools, the media, and even the upper echelons of the federal government. In 2074 the party rose to power and took complete control. The people quickly realized that the utopia they had been promised was nothing more than a farce, and they had just unwittingly assisted in raising a corrupt totalitarian regime into power. After realizing the truth, many felt regret, but were too afraid to stand up to the monster they themselves had created; instead, they decided to give up their individuality and the freedom and equality they thought they had fought so hard for and submit to the new world order who sought to dominate their entire lives.

Three years later the American National Collective announced their plans to spread their influence to the rest of the Americas in order to “uplift” the surrounding third-world countries out of poverty. Of course, in order to do this, they would need more resources, and fuel to mobilize their war machines, so Canada and its natural resources would be the first foreign entity with the honor to be integrated into the ANC.

After decades of war with other foreign powers in Asia, Europe, and resistances from within the newly unified Western Hemisphere the ANC collapsed. In its place the United Federation of America was formed out of several former states and countries who sought to maintain their independence from one another, while still maintaining a central government.

Thanks to great strides in technology made by the ANC the newly formed UFA still had technology that was far superior to the rest of the world. In 2145 after the stabilization of the UFA's economy and position in the new world order humanity managed to create their first extra-planetary colony on Mars, and build a spacecraft fast enough to travel between Earth and Mars in only a couple hours. It was designated the UFS Campbell after the first president of the UFA, President Jacob Johnson-Campbell, former commander in the resistance against the ANC.

With their advancements in space flight technology humanity began to explore the far reaches of our solar system, and within 20 years we began to break through the outer confines of our solar system. This led to the era of galactic exploration.

In 2285 humanity made contact with a peaceful alien civilization in the edges of known space called the Ophthalians, or fish people as humans would often refer to them.

From there we shared technology, met other alien species, fought in several wars, and expanded across the galaxy. Now in 2845 under the protection of the Earth Galactic Federation (EGF) and the Galactic Alliance of Species (GAS) humanity is at peace with the rest of the galaxy, but trouble is always brewing in every corner of the galaxy.

Our story begins with a comm signal being intercepted by a small shuttle parked in docking bay 74 on the Amador Intergalactic Space Station orbiting astral body 69, Planet Name: Sortis (a.k.a Space Vegas).

This is a small desert planet about the size of the continents of North America that was on the edge of an asteroid belt, and had three rings plus one moon surrounding it. It was owned by a corporate conglomerate based out of the planet called Amador Galaxy Incorporated who owned all of the land on the planet.

The com signal that was being intercepted came from one of the crew members of the Appalachia itself, and this is what it said,

"Appalachia, Appalachia please respond this is The Owl. Do you copy??? Appalachia do you copy? Hendricks answer the fucking comm, we need evac now Hendricks! Oh God dammit I am going to kill him

0