Chapter 13: Assault on the Baron
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Note, Helmsman Hendrick's does not have the authority to override the captains’ orders." ANDI replied. "Continuing previous stated orders until connection with the captain can be re-established."

"Sorry kid", Hendricks replied while shrugging his shoulders. " I can't override the robot."

After waiting around for about a minute Hendricks received orders from the captain to close the doors leading to the enemy ship. After sealing off the entrance Hendrick's returned to the cockpit for a brief second to speak to Rebecca. "Well, I'm hungry, so I'm going to get something from the common area. Holler if pirates break into the ship." Hendricks then left to go off to the living quarters, and Rebecca was now alone with ANDI.

Rebecca pulled out a small pick she kept under her right sleeve to use for these kinds of situations, and started working on the lock to her handcuffs, and also began talking to ANDI to drown out any noise the lockpick might make. "That guy’s just a big idiot isn't he?" Rebecca asked hoping to grab the droid’s attention.

"Actually, I have determined that Helmsman Hendrick’s is actually very intelligent. Based on his testing scores from the galactic flight academy his IQ is above average for someone in his profession, which already typically had a higher OQ average then most other professions. In fact, I have found that his lack of performance has to do with laziness set on by a lack of motivation due to depression cause by a lack of sexual gratification."

"A lack of what now?" Rebecca replied not quite able to believe what she just heard.

"Pilot Hendrick's is sexually repressed due to the fact that there aren't any females he is capable of performing intercourse with. I inquired to see if he was willing to use Morgan as a means to fulfill his sexual desires, but he said "there's no way I'd be able to tap that." I then told him if all he needed to do was tap her, then I'm sure she'd be willing to let him perform such a menial task as tapping her if he asked. When he said he didn't think she'd agree to this I decided to take the initiative and ask her for him."

"Wait you did what?" Rebecca looked at the droid with a look of horror and shock, but also amusement.

"I approached crewman Morgan to see if she would be willing to let Hendrick's tap her in order to fulfill his need for intercourse with the female human species."

"What did she say?"

"She laughed," he replied. "And then crewman Rodriguez threatened to "punch my lights out" if I ever asked her that again."

Why'd he say that?" She asked trying to keep it distracted while she was still picking the lock to her handcuffs.

"The only conclusion I could draw was that he was angry and jealous because he was the one who usually tapped crewman Morgan…"He paused for a moment while he was processing information. "Intruder Rebecca, maybe you'd be willing to let Hendrick's tap you to fulfill his."

"Whoa let me stop you right there ANDI." She said before he could go any further. "I know what you're thinking and the answer is hell no!"

"Acknowledged! From what I understand, and from what Pilot Hendrick's has told me, even females with a more adventurous outlook on intercourse feel uncomfortable talking about the subject. Is that why you turned down my suggestion?"

Upon hearing this Rebecca gave the droid a dirty look. "Wait, what are you implying?"

"I was implying that based on your current hormonal levels you're currently experience pleasure similar to that of sexual gratification leading me to believer that you are what Pilot Hendrick's calls adventurous."

Rebecca's mouth grew wide with both surprise and shock at what he just said. "The reason my hormone levels are being "aroused" is because I'm feeling excited! This is the most interesting thing that's ever happened to me. I don't get off on being in dangerous situations, or being handcuffed to a chair. I just think that getting raided by pirates might be interesting."

"So, you think that getting raided by pirates is fun?"

"Well, kinda. It's an adventure, but not the same kind of adventure Hendrick's was talking about", she explained.

"I think I understand. There are adventurous people who experience pleasure from doing things like tapping people of the opposite sex, and there are also people who are considered adventurous who enjoy new experiences that lead to elevations in their heart rate, adrenaline rush, and an excess release of dopamine that has nothing to do with fulfilling sexual urges, correct?"

"Yes that's correct ANDI." Rebecca replied while smiling awkwardly trying to hide her discomfort.

Rebecca had been working on the lock during the entire conversation. Thankfully the handcuffs they were using weren't anything special, so they'd be pretty easy to break out of. The technology for handcuffs hadn't changed since the 20th century until recently, and the new cuffs which were essentially photon bindings that restricted any kind of hand or wrist motion, and were all issued either to government entities, or developed by corporations for their use only.

The lock pick Rebecca was using was something she acquired on the black market. It had a sensor that was connected to the implant in her head that translated alien languages and allowed her to connect to the galactic extranet from almost anywhere in the galaxy. This sensor would send a signal to this implant beeping whenever she got closer to releasing the mechanism to unlock the handcuffs.

A few moments after finishing her conversation with ANDI she managed to unlock her cuffs and run out of the cockpit.

When ANDI saw her run it pursued her into the next room, and attempted to restrain her as she rushed to the panel that unlocked the weapons panels. He managed to catch up to her just before she got to the panel, and grabbed both of her wrists and restrained her.

When Rebecca grunted from the pain ANDI immediately released his grip. "This unit is not permitted to harm the prisoner. Determining best course of action to apprehend prisoner without causing and physical harm.."

As ANDI stood there trying to figure out how to apprehend her Rebecca went for the panel. Rebecca had a perfect memory, and is able to temper everything she sees our hears with almost perfect accuracy. She memorized the sounds that each number on a keypad made when you press it, and is able to determine the code for the key panel this way.

She entered the code, and the same shelves holding several different weapons flipped open on the wall. She wasn't experienced with guns, so she decided to go with something different and picked up a pair of black gloves that were used for hand-to-hand combat.

After putting on the gloves she ran for the door and managed to open it and escape onto the UFS Baron.

0