Chapter 4
904 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1.

The outfit that Mom had picked out for me was more modest than I thought it would be: A simple blue shirt and tan shorts. I wore a pair of Amy’s flip flops, because my feet were smaller than the girls’ shoes that I owned. That wasn’t a big deal, I sorta figured they would be. I’d luckily bought bras that fit perfectly when they had boobs to support. That was an odd, yet comfortable feeling. Nothing feels weirder than having something lacy touching really sensitive skin, but at the same time, it felt great to have a reason to be wearing one of these things.

The sight in the mirror was more surprising with clothes on than it was with a simple nightgown. The girl looked so comfortable, so normal, it was hard to believe that she’d been male twenty-four hours before. For some reason, I felt more like I was dreaming after getting the clothes on than I had when I was actually dreaming.

I stood there, staring at the mirror for a little while longer. Suddenly, everything was rushing at me. I was about to go outside. Like this. With this face and body. In these clothes. I’d never been outside in these clothes, even though I actually had the right shape to wear them. It was hard to breathe now, and I slowly backed down onto the chair behind me. I was scared now, frightened of being seen in public like this.

There was a knock on my door. “Hey, Kendra, hurry up!” Amy said through the door. “I know just the place to go!” I didn’t answer, didn’t move. I just sat there, looking up at the mirror over my dresser. The door opened and Amy stood there. “Hey, what’s up?”

I actually found my voice for once. “I… Don’t know if I can do it.”

“What? You were all for this before.”

I nodded. “Yeah, then I looked at… At Kendra.”

She walked over to me and looked at the mirror. “You mean at the cute girl sitting in a chair?”

“Yeah.”

“Wow, so this is what it’s like to be the one with more feminine knowledge. Look, Ken,” she didn’t say Kendra that time, “I personally think you’re gonna do just fine. You look great and you have at least some reflex action for being a girl, nobody’s gonna know except us and Gabby.”

The girl in the mirror didn’t look relieved. She didn’t even look like Amy’s words had given her some comfort. I took a deep breath and slowly nodded. “You’re right. I’m a big b - girl, now. I should just get up and enjoy the day, because it’ll probably be the only one I have.”

“Well, it doesn’t have to be the only one, but I can understand if it is. Just be happy Ms. Malski got rid of your body hair in the transformation. You have no clue what kind of hassle it is to shave your legs.”

I had to admit. That brought on a laugh. “Actually, I do. I’m a crossdresser, remember? I’ve actually been wearing skirts longer than you have.”

Amy let out a defeated sigh. “You’re right about that.”

2.

I felt outrageously self-conscious as Amy and I walked through town. If people were staring at me, they were doing it behind my back. Which almost concerned me more, because it meant they were staring at my ass in tight shorts. I hoped that we were close to reaching wherever the hell it was that Amy was taking us, but something told me I still had to endure a little while longer of walking in hot weather. If only Mom hadn’t needed the car.

I glanced at other girls that were out. Either because of my own natural curiosity or because I’d become female for day, I compared myself to them. Not as competition, or anything like that, but just… I noticed how they walked, how they stood, how they managed in their clothes or with their jewelry. Some looked trashy, some looked really girl next door, and some looked like no guy would date them unless they were the only two people on the planet.

Finally, we reached a clothing store that I’d never noticed before. Despite all the clothes I had in my foot locker, I didn’t actually go to any trendy fashion stores, I stuck to places like Walmart or Goodwill, places that catered to both genders who wouldn’t actually care if I were buying clothes for my “girlfriend”. But this place that Amy had walked me into was probably the closest thing to a high end fashion boutique that I’d ever seen.

“Okay, are you ready?” she asked, a smile on her face. That smile disappeared when she turned around and looked at me. “You don’t look ready, why aren’t you ready?”

“What are we doing here?” I asked in response.

“You’re here to get your first real taste of trying clothes on with a girl body.”

“Couldn’t I have done that at home?”

“It’s one day, enjoy being in public for a day.”

“I don’t really need to.”

“No, but it’s more fun this way.”

“For me or you?”

Gabby’s voice suddenly asked, “How about for me?” She stopped then, a bundle of clothes hanging over her arm, and she stared at me. “Holy crap, you’re… You’re… Holy crap.”

I felt myself blush. “You really don’t have to say it like that.” I was doing that nervous girl thing where I looked away from her. Why was I doing that? Gabby could stop staring at me, for one thing. “Staring at me is also something I wish you’d stop doing.”

She shook herself out it, like a dog shaking the water off of itself. “Oh, yeah, sorry. You’re just… So cute. And I never thought you’d turn out blonde.”

I nodded. “Yeah. Dad’s hair. I guess it only makes some kind of sense that more of him would rub off on Kendra than it did Kenny.”

“Kendra?”

I nodded again. “That’s the name I picked. I can still be Ken if I’m Kendra.”

She giggled. “Yeah, that makes sense.” She held up some of the clothes had. “Well, are you two ready to get started?”

I looked back and forth between Amy and Gabby. “Did you guys plan this?”

“Duh,” Gabby answered.

“We wouldn’t be here if we hadn’t,” Amy added.

I sighed. “This is gonna be a whole lot of awkward, isn’t it?”

Gabby giggled more. “Well. Not totally awkward.”

3.

I had the distinct impression that I was trying on more clothes than Amy or Gabby were. Amy was already back in the outfit she’d started the day with, and Gabby had only tried on a couple of them, while I’d been forced to try on a dozen different combinations of shorts and tops. They left the pants aside, which was comforting considering the heat. The skirts I’d seen Gabby grabbing worried me, but I knew that Amy was buying at least one of those for herself.

I had to admit, though, trying on the clothes was fun. Just the sight of myself in the mirror, of Kendra wearing clothes that were the right sizes for her and made certain features emphasized. Not just my boobs and butt, either, but just the color of my skin or my facial features, too. The idea that the color of a shirt would actually draw attention to my eyes was just… Unexpected. (Mainly because guys would rather be looking at the things covered by the shirt.)

A part of me wanted to stay this way just for the thrill of trying on clothes.

But at the same time, I still got to try on clothes as a guy, I just didn’t have the body that fit the clothes. I didn’t hate being a guy or love being a girl, I was still indifferent to all of it.

As I changed back into the outfit I’d worn to the store, the door to the changing room quickly opened and Gabby slid inside. “What are you doing in here?!” I asked, quietly, frantically.

“I wanted to see.”

“Me naked?”

She rolled her eyes. “Please, you’re not naked. You’re wearing a bra, the puppies are covered up for now.” She poked my breasts. “Wow, you’re kinda squishy, too.”

“Stop!” I caught sight of my increasingly red face in the mirror as I brought my arms up to cover my breasts. “That’s… Super weird, okay? Don’t do it!”

She giggled. “Sorry. I couldn’t resist. Poking your own boobs isn’t as fun as poking your best friend’s boobs.”

“Why would you poke your own boobs?”

You have never been a twelve year old jealous of the mean girl in school who teases you for wearing a training bra.” She grabbed the shirt I’d just taken off. “Put this back on, you’d look totally cute in it.”

“When it’s paid for.”

“You wait here and I’ll go pay for it,” she said, then as quickly as she came inside, she rushed out and left me alone again. I just sighed. She was having way too much fun with this. I liked the shirt, sure, but what was wrong with the one I’d been wearing? I sighed.

I pulled my shorts back on and sat down on the small seat provided in the dressing room and waited. Gabby was taking forever for some reason. I wondered if she was talking to the clerk, telling them all about me. I was getting anxious just waiting there. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket (a phone right up against your ass is uncomfortable; understand this) and found an email from someone I didn’t recognize. I was about to click on the email when the door to the dressing room was opened again and the shirt Gabby was buying thrown in my face.

“C’mon, time for food.”

I sighed again.

4.

“Why can’t we get cheeseburgers?” Amy asked, looking at the salad in front of her. I had a matching salad and Gabby of course followed suit. “Are you against meat or something?” she asked Gabby.

Gabby shook her head. “No, I just had a craving for salad. I dunno why, I dunno how, just, the whole time we were trying on clothes I wanted salad.”

I shrugged. “I can’t say I’m a big fan of salad, but I’m not gonna complain when I’m not paying.” I dug in. “Where are we going after this, anyway?”

Amy shook her head. “I don’t live in this town, so it’s your choice, local girl.”

Gabby nodded. “I have an idea.”

“Please, nothing uber-girly or embarrassing,” I said as I scooped up a tomato with my fork and dropped it in my mouth.

“Nowhere like that,” she said through a mouthful of lettuce. “Well, okay, somewhere like that.”

I glared at her. “Where?”

“This cute romance movie that starts playing today.”

I gulped down some carrots. “You want to go see a chick flick? I didn’t even think you liked chick flicks.”

She shook her head. “Just because I don’t go see them very often doesn’t mean I don’t like them. I just wait until they’re on Lifetime.”

Amy munched on some croutons. “Is it at least a chick flick with some hot actors?”

Gabby scratched at her head. “Um… I don’t know, actually.”

“I won’t go see a chick flick unless there are hot guys.”

I set my salad bowl down on the table. “So, getting magically changed into a girl doesn’t automatically mean you like chick flicks?”

She shook her head. “No. I can’t tell you how many really gory movies I’ve dragged Steve to that he’s almost thrown up at. And he’s not that squeamish.”

That made me giggle. What little I remembered about Steve from the last time I visited Amy, he was kinda dweeby and not all there. He seemed like a nice guy, though. I wondered how good a boyfriend he was for Amy.

And then I wondered if I was thinking that because I was a girl for now. Most of my thoughts hadn’t changed at all. I thought of the things that interested me before and they still interested me. Nothing girly interested me, save the clothes that always interested me. I looked over at guys in the food court but didn’t find any interest in them, and girls still looked great to me.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Gabby asked, a concerned look in her eyes. “You look like you just got kicked in… Well, you don’t have nuts right now, so… Just kicked.”

I shook my head. “Just taking stock of some thoughts, is all. Nothing to worry about.”

Amy looked at me with a cautious eye.

5.

“What was the title of that movie you wanted to see?” I asked Gabby as we stood outside the movie theater. None of the movies that were playing looked like chick flicks in the slightest. “I see WarcraftFinding DoryCentral Intelligence and Independence Day 2. Correct me if I’m wrong but none of those are chick flicks. Finding Dory comes closest, but it’s a family movie not a girl movie.”

She sighed. “I guess it’s not playing anymore.”

“What was it?”

She rubbed at her chin. “Now that I think of it, I can’t remember. I just know it had that guy from Hunger Games and Emilia Clarke in it.”

Amy rubbed at her chin. “I don’t think I know what that is.”

I shrugged. “Neither do I.”

“You haven’t seen commercials for it at all?” Gabby asked.

“Nope.”

“You either?”

Amy shook her head.

Gabby sighed. “Fine. I guess we go see Warcraft.”

“Why Warcraft?” I asked.

“You like fantasy movies.”

“I’ve never played Warcraft, though.”

“So what? It’s still a fantasy movie.”

I sighed, then looked over at Amy, who just shrugged. “Okay,” I said, “let’s go see Warcraft.

6.

As we sat through the movie, I munched on popcorn and felt that Gabby was getting just a little too close to me. More than once, I felt her hand on mine and then she quickly moved it to grab at the popcorn. It just seemed… Wrong. Gabby was hot, yeah, but she’d never been like this with me when we were at the movies, and we’d gone to plenty of movies together.

I put it out of my mind quickly each time, however, as the movie was really good. The CG was better than the Hobbit movies a couple years back, and the acting was decent. I was actually considering a subscription to World of Warcraft thanks to this movie, and I used to make fun of people who played that all day long.

Gabby’s hand landed on mine again, and this time she full-on grabbed my hand and locked fingers with me. I looked at her out of the corner of my eye, but she didn’t look like she was doing anything other than watching the movie, and occasionally drinking from her soda cup. I didn’t move or pull my hand away, because it wasn’t unpleasant, it was just somewhat weird.

Was Gabby turned on by me as Kendra?

7.

I stretched when we got back outside. “Well, there was a pleasant way to kill a couple hours,” I said, then took a large gulp of my drink. “What’s next?”

Amy yawned. “I dunno. Can we head back to your place for me to take a nap? Going to the movies always makes me tired.”

Gabby nodded. “Yeah, I say we just spend a few hours hanging out at your place. Maybe you can try on some of your other clothes.”

“Works for me. It actually would be nice to see how my other stuff fits me.”

I couldn’t get the hand holding out of my head. Gabby hadn’t taken her hand off of mine the whole rest of the movie and the urge to ask her what the hell was going on was almost too much to bear, but I held my tongue. If Gabby was into girls - which was a distinct possibility - I didn’t want to accidentally out her here, or anywhere where it wasn’t just the two of us.

I had to wait until we got back to my place.

30