Chapter 4: The incident (part 2)
73 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The party was in full swing and everybody was downing alcohol or high on something. Zhou Yichang liked to throw these kind of parties once in a while. But Kiki was on high alert. She did not touch a drop of alcohol and was constantly on the lookout for Lu WanWan. 

Today was the day when Lu WanWan would finally confess to Fu Shen and kiss him. Today was also the day that Fu Shen would start thinking about Lu WanWan as a woman and not just as a female friend. 

Kiki decided that it would be a great chance to break it off with Fu Shen. What other reason is more compelling than a cheating boyfriend. 

Two months ago, she got into a big argument with Fu Shen about Lu WanWan.     Kiki found Lu WanWan silently lurking behind the door when Fu Shen was taking generous liberties with her in bed. When Kiki accused Lu WanWan with voyeuristic behavior, Fu Shen firmly took Lu WanWan’s side. Kiki almost lost her mind with anger. Thinking about the novel setting, she accused Fu Shen to be a fellow pervert with Lu WanWan and before a minute, they both landed in a heavy argument with Lu WanWan silently crying. Fu Shen left the house with Lu WanWan leaving Kiki to simmer in hatred. 

The next time she saw him was a week later, by which time Kiki felt exhausted. Fights about Lu WanWan have become a common place in their relationship. 

Kiki finally determined that it was not possible to stop the relationship between Fu Shen and Lu WanWan, so she decided to cut her losses and end it. And this party was crucial to her plan.

She stuck to Fu Shen to make sure he didn’t slip away to meet with Lu WanWan without her knowing. As soon as Lu WanWan appeared here, she would leave Fu Shen and secretly follow them. She discreetly looked at Fu Shen who was talking with Min XingChuan.

Now, if only Lu WanWan came quickly.

*

Kiki took off her heels and slowly climbed the emergency exit stairs and crouched by the door. She gently pried it apart and stuck her shoe heel in it and peered at the two people with their backs to her.

Why was no one talking? 

After few seconds, Lu WanWan was the one to talk. “Ah Shen?” There was a gentle hesitation in her voice. Kiki can never pull that off.

Fu Shen sighed. The wall blocked him from Kiki’s sight, but she wasn’t complaining. As long as she can hear.

“WanWan,” his tone was gentle, “I’m sorry, but I never thought of you like that.” There was his gentle sigh again. 

“N..never?” Lu WanWan’s voice trembled. Her pain was obvious.

There was a long period of silence and Kiki’s feet were cramping from squatting. Luckily, there was talking again.

“Then, will you kiss me at least?”

“As a compensation for .. breaking your friend’s heart?” Lu WanWan’s voice became lower and Kiki had to strain her ears to hear.

“WanWan..” 

“Please… Just once.” Lu WanWan quietly begged. 

After few seconds, she saw Fu Shen’s hand wrap around Lu WanWan’s shoulder and pull her towards the man hidden behind the hall.

Kiki’s tears fell without a sound. 

She knew this would happen and she foolishly thought she was prepared. But it was, after all, a relationship of 3 years, how can it not hurt?

The tightness in her stomach kept expanding, engulfing her heart, throat and her very soul. She had to furiously remind herself to get up and confront these shameless people. 

She haphazardly rubbed her eyes and opened the door, her shoes forgotten by the door. She was ending her rotten love, what was a pair of shoes.

Fu Shen was the first to notice her. His eyes that had been gentle just now changed to surprise and then quickly to a frown. The hand holding Lu WanWan loosened immediately and he started to move towards Kiki but his arm was still held by Lu WanWan. 

When Lu WanWan turned back, there was mist  in her eyes and a charm that only a proper elegant woman can have. Her mouth opened in shock when she saw Kiki standing before them.

“I heard what just happened. I’m breaking up with you,” Kiki told Fu Shen simply. 

She quickly took a step back when Fu Shen removed Lu WanWan’s hand and took a step towards Kiki.

“Don’t talk nonsense.”

“Stop! Don’t come any closer!” Kiki moved farther away from them. “I just wanted to tell you that I’m breaking up with you.” She quickly turned around and ran out of the emergency door and tripped on her shoes she left there.

She quickly gathered up her dress, threw a cautious look at Fu Shen and ran down at full speed.

*

Kiki’s flipped through the travel brochure in her hand for the second time. It has been two weeks since she broke up with Fu Shen. Really, if one wanted to break up, one has to have a good reason. 

Since Fu Shen didn’t contact her after her declaration at Zhou YiChang’s party, Kiki concluded that this time, the break up was  finally successful. 

Although it did not feel as good as she expected, she consoled herself with the knowledge that she had at least avoided the worst possible outcome for herself. 

Still, she lost her appetite and couldn’t sleep. All symptoms of heartbreak, her family concluded. 

When she first came back home and told her parents about her break up, her mother still counseled her to rethink her decision, but once she told them why she broke up, her family did not insist on Fu Shen.

Most of the society knew that Fu Shen was extraordinarily gentle to Lu WanWan. So much so that they all assumed them to end up together. It was a surprise for everyone, including Kiki, when Fu Shen asked her out. Everyone thought that it was Kiki who pursued him, even in the novel. 

Hah! As if! 

Just because they kept crossing paths, people were so eager to pin it on her.

Now, everyone probably will be relieved knowing that their initial guess was right. Fu Shen indeed belonged to Lu WanWan.

May be even her parents thought that. That was why, once they learnt that the reason for breakup was Lu WanWan, they did not say much. 

Kiki flipped another page in the brochure.

Bahamas.

*

The plane landed an hour late. By the time Kiki reached her hotel, it was past nine. Her eyes were already starting to feel heavy and the tiredness was settling in her body.

Her brother booked the top floor suite for her with the best view in the island. The elevator dinged at the 72nd floor and Kiki dragged her body and carry on across to the door for a hot bath.

The large windows in the bathroom encapsulated the sea in neat rectangles. Soaking her tired body in the bath and watching the sea at night, Kiki felt at peace.

She stepped out of the bathroom in a soft robe hanging loosely about. She absentmindedly reached for the bed and stopped dead in shock.

Familiar dark eyes looked at her in amusement.

“Having fun by yourself?” The smile still lingered on his thin lips.

Kiki’s lips twitched. 

“Why are you here?”

Fu Shen did not reply immediately. He leaned for the bed stand and grabbed her cell phone and casually started going through it.

Kiki went forward to snatch it from him but he hid it behind his back with a grin.

Her annoyance became anger and she quickly pounced on him to get her mobile back. After a minute of tussle, her fingers finally clasped around the metal, but quickly her arms were subdued in bigger hands that held them to her side.

Kiki flushed with anger and kicked his leg and immediately got locked between Fu Shen’s long legs.

Kiki felt hot humid air in her ear before she felt sharp pain on her cheek.

He bit her!

“That hurts!” She complained loudly, wiggling and failing to escape.

The dark head moved below her chin and to her neck. Kiki sucked in cold air, the pain radiating heat.

“What are you-“

“Ow! Let go! Let go you bastard!” She struggled to get free but the hands holding her seemed to be made of steel. She felt hot breath hit the exposed curve of her breast.

The softest part of her chest was being bitten without any gentleness and the pain bought tears into her eyes.

After a particularly vicious bite, she really started crying.

It was another five minutes before Kiki got any respite. Her robe was pulled apart sometime ago in the beginning and the only warmth came from the hot body on her.

Seeing Fu Shen not backing down, Kiki whimpered pathetically.

Fu Shen laughed out loud when he saw that.  

Kiki put on an extremely aggrieved face, “it really hurts a lot, you let go.” There was slight coquettishness and pleading in her tone.

“Don’t want to,” Fu Shen murmured into her neck.

“What? Kissing Lu WanWan was not good enough? You have to come to me to do this?” Kiki sneered suddenly. 

That wiped the smile off Fu Shen’s face. A cold glint replaced the amusement in his eyes. His hands let go of her and Kiki quickly scrambled back to the headboard clutching whatever was available to her naked body.

“I told her I don’t feel that way about her. That kiss was more of a consolation than anything else,” Fu Shen explained coldly. “Why do you have to make such a fuss when it comes to things about her?”

Kiki threw a pillow at his head. 

Then another. 

And, another.

Fu Shen didn’t dodge them and let her vent her anger.

“Good! Very good! Kissed her as friend, huh? Will you come and tell me later that you slept with her as a friend?” Kiki’s brain felt like it was on fire.

How dare he?

“Get out! Out!”

Fu Shen picked up her mobile lying on the bed and pocketed it as he got up.

“I’ll be back tomorrow, you should cool your head until then.”

Kiki watched him leave with her mouth wide open. 

Why did it seem like the breakup was in effect?

Why does it feel like she was the unreasonable one?

“….”

She will show him what unreasonable is.

***

0