Chapter 1: One Who Fell Into a New World
87 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today could be a proper time to start a story or an epic, possibly a legend of a great warrior, maybe the greatest, or a boy who will be something better than before.

Instead, it is about a boy who is currently diving deep inside the abyss, and no, I don't talk about a metaphor for acts I will regret in the future, which will take my sanity and humanity away, literally an abyss. I cannot see anything. It is all dark in this pit. I am falling deeper into it every second, and I seriously need help, but while I eventually hit the floor and die from the impact, let me tell you who I am.

My name is Lex, and I am a high school student with barely any friends and social life. And if I must tell my hobbies, how surprising, they are consistent playing games and consuming an unhealthy amount of nerdy media. That's all I have. I am not much of an interesting character.

But despite that, I love my passion and a friend I made a year ago. Let me tell the story.

One day, I was browsing online and saw a new MMORPG game released, and the carefree high schooler with no responsibility I am, I decided to give it a try.

The game's name is EIREN Online. It is about being reincarnated into a new world with liches, gods, demons, and anything you can think about in fantasy. But it has one thing which makes it apart from its competitors. When you install the game, it connects to your motherboard, and you can only create one character, which will have the randomly preset ability on it.

These abilities differ from being a super fast samurai to being an all-powerful mage and, the worst, summoner.

Thanks to my start, I got the samurai class, and when I was grinding some levels on one of the starter areas, I met with another player named Yiita.

We quickly became friends, and from that day, around a year and a half, I've been talking (through the game and online chat apps) with him. Weirdly I didn't hear his voice before.

Now, my backstory is over, short and straightforward, and I can freely talk about today and how I found myself in my current situation.

                                                 *** -Around Two Hours Ago

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

The sound of in-game chat notifications is coming to my ears in a rhythm, but my eyelids are too heavy to open. For the last three days, Yiita and I tried to defeat one of the strongest bosses of the game, The Corrupted Hero Ivan.

And some time ago, we finally did, but the moment I saw Ivan falling to the floor and loot spreading out of its dead mob body, my body stopped working from tiredness.

But this is a special moment, and I cannot ruin it for Yiita. He is awake for four days, even longer than me. I must proceed into the dungeon and finish the quest.

So I raised my hand and slapped myself in the face with all my remaining strength. With the echoing of the impact, all my senses rushed back.

Chatlog:

Yiita 00:23: Hello!

Yiita 00:23: Anyone there?

Yiita 00:24: Dude, are you really sleeping?

Yiita 00:24: Come one :( I want to get to the ending chest!

Yiita 00:25: Wake up! You damn weeb!

I managed to reach my keyboard and began typing. "God damn mechanical keys, they are making too much noise in this hour of the night," I grumbled while typing.

You 00:26: Sorry, my bad :p, I am coming, send me the request.

As I pressed enter, a screen opened before me.

                               Accept The Gift

                                       Y/N

"Of course, yes! You know how much I sacrificed for that! At least three tests and equal days' worth of sleep!" I slammed the Y key, and suddenly my screen began glowing unusually bright.

I looked away, but everywhere got covered in blinding white light. "What the hell. At least I know a permanent fix for this problem." I reached my monitor's power button, but it wasn't there. "Huh?"

Yet, the chat log from the game was still there, and Yiita was still messaging me, even though no notification sounds were coming.

Yiita 00:30: Thanks for playing with me, I enjoyed this game, but this much is enough for me. Yet you might want to enjoy it more, and hey! You accepted the gift, didn't you :) Now let me give it to you.

"What gift?" I mumbled. "You mean the gift from the final boss... Wait!"

But without I managed to finish my words, an arm launched out from my monitor and wrapped itself around me like a snake, then suddenly pulled me towards the blinding light and straight into the abbys where I began my fall.

                                             ***

So, how was my story? Would you want to rate it out and tell your friends about it? Perhaps send me help if anyone is hearing me!

"Jesus, Buddha, Ra, or Zeus! It doesn't matter which one of you, please help!" I screamed, but my miserable voice echoed into the darkness and faded away.

I looked down. "A piece of light!" I shouted with excitement, even though that's not large or powerful but steadily growing. I suppose I am finally reaching the end of this freefall mind hell.

"Ah, the great light! Take me in and end this nightmare!" I opened my arms like I was waiting for a hug from the growing light, but nothing happened. I just passed through it and got blinded by it for a second.

Suddenly a wind hit my face, and I opened my eyes to the blue sky. I am over a super large and dense forest on a spring day. Everything looks nice and cozy, except for one thing.

"SHIT!" I shouted. I am still falling! This time straight into the ground. "HELLPAAAHHHH!" 

I landed on a tree and began bouncing between its branches. With each hit, I am sure I at least crashed into one bird nest and broke two bones in my body, and who knows how many times I bounced and finally landed on the ground.

Of course, it wasn't a light or pleasant fall. Why would it be? I dropped right into an alien world without guidance. God, the goddess, or the thing who send me here, take your goddamn lessons from all of the novels and mangas out there, damn it!

How good it was in the game. You walked through a gate suddenly appeared in the world, and bam! You found yourself in the middle of a luxurious room filled with good food and servants where a king greets you with respect.

"Ugh..."

It is too painful even to complain.

"If I ever want to write a book about how bad my experience in this between worlds transportation was, I would name it HOW TO MAKE SOMEONE'S TRANSPORTATION INTO ANOTHER WORLD COMPLETE FAILURE, and it would be an old york times bestseller (Which book isn't?)." 

Okay, that's enough whining about things. I need to find a way to survive.

But first, a situation check, there could still be some hope.

I tried to move my arm, but no response. Then why does it hurts?

And my legs. Same situation.

You know what, screw it.

I had enough isekai adventure!

I began shouting with my remaining strength. "Goodbye world, goodbye random trees, I never loved you fresh air, f*** you the portal dropped me to the sky!" Now, I only want to die in my sleep.

                                          ***

Minutes passed many minutes. I wish I knew the exact time, but because I currently don't have a watch, it is not like I can move my arm anyway, so even if I had one, I probably wouldn't be able to use it.

So, back to waiting. Hopefully, a hungry wolf or something finds me. I prefer something big like a bear, which can kill me in one swing of its paw.

"Oh, the poor thing, what are you doing middle of this forest. Perhaps you are hurt."

I heard a voice coming from my back, a gentle voice of a kind woman.

I coughed. "Sorry, I seem to broke some, well, almost all of my bones in an accident. Please don't ask, I don't know how and it hurts, and it is embarrassing." Damn it, why am I getting too excited?

I began hearing footsteps coming closer to me. They are at least as gentle and calm as their owner's voice, and suddenly, I felt two hands touching my back with a weird but divinely pleasing warmth.

"Oh, how unfortunate, thanks to God, you are not bleeding inside." Her voice sounded even nicer to my ears. "Thankfully, I studied healing magic. I can do enough to make you walk with help, but we would still need some better equipment."

Magic? Did she say magic! Damn yes! I can't wait to learn what magic I have.

"Thank you." I suppose her magic is working, I managed to say this much easier, and the pain disappeared.

"No need to thank me." The warmth on my back suddenly stopped, and this mysterious healer girl moved in front of me.

My savior angel, I can see her now, a cute blonde with blue eyes, wearing a long white priestess dress and a beret. She also has a staff on her back.

I am sorry for everything I said, the creators, the all mighty ones above me. Thank you for letting such a cute girl treat my wounds.

"Thank you," I said once again.

She reached for my hands and helped me to get up.

"Ah. Pain is still there." I touched my chest but pulled my hand right back because of the pain.

My savior angel got under my arm and touched my chest, and a glowing ball of light appeared on her hand and eased my pain. The warmth I felt minutes before was coming from this then. "As it should normally be. Be happy that your internal organs are at least in good condition."

Using her support, I raised my right leg and took my first step. It hurt a lot.

"Good." She looked at me with a smile. "Come one, the place I am staying is not too far away. I can prepare you something to eat, then treat your wounds."

Everything is perfect! Oh, she is a guardian angel! Everything feels like they are too good to be real right now.

"Hey." I stuttered. "Why are you too nice to me?"

She laughed. "No need for such a silly question. My religion orders me to do it, that's nothing special, and hey, you don't encounter someone from the promised land every day."

"Promised land? You mean earth." Wait, she knows I am not from this world?

"Well, that place has many names, but I heard earth before, but some were calling it world too, but to your question, I am a priestess of Goddes of Light. Well, an apprentice, but of course, I can still sense that. Also, giant black holes don't appear middle of the sky every day."

So, I am not the only one. Well, that is both relaxing and terrifying. What if some super powerful guy appears and kills me for being from another world, or I see one of my bullies from school!

But before all these bad scenarios happen, I will enjoy what I have for now and trust this stranger, which I don't even know her name, and let the flow choose my destiny.

"By the way, I forgot to tell you my name. It is Lia."

I blushed, but how couldn't I! It is the first time a girl, specifically this cute, acts this carefree and friendly around me. "Well, my name is Lex. I am glad you found me."

She smiled. "Well, I am glad to find you too, Lex." Her voice is cheerful and gentle as before. 

I looked to the sky.

"Perhaps this new world thing wouldn't be that bad, huh?" And accidentally, I loudly said my thoughts.

"What you said?" Lia asked.

"Sorry, nothing."

2