Chapter 39: I… came to get oranges (III).
771 2 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 39: I... came to get oranges (III).

"Hmm... I wasn't expecting to go unnoticed so easily in this state." (Lady Evelyn) mutters to herself taking off the hood of her cloak.

Dark purple hair strands ran across her shoulders, sharp purple eyes that can easily detect any lie and red rose lips. Under her cloak was the same outfit from this morning, she didn't have time to change.

"All clear."

Realizing that it's safe she gave a big sigh and gave little Losimer a pat on the head.

"Tweet!" (Losimer) chirps as he watches his master avoid people left and right using the alleyways of the city.

He sat by her shoulder patiently, showing her the proper way of where the heroine worked.

Miss Analissa Blanchet was on duty, commoners would need to be in part time jobs to survive the harsh environment of high academic costs especially on projects.

Dueling materials, potion ingredients, books, uniforms that tend to get ruined by jealous classmates and food expenses.

"..." (Lady Evelyn) understood why the girl took on a job. Walking she frowned, feeling horrible for thinking she must've gotten a job to-

To...

Would she excuse her fiancé again? Would she get a job for the sake of being noticed by her husband? So that she could have him for the sake of being Queen?

"No... she's not like that." (Lady Evelyn) knew the blonde girl was someone who kept her promises. Her smile was true, her eyes would always stare at hers whenever they would meet.

No matter how much she denied it, there would be a weird sound playing once she met those light blue eyes.

She wonders if there was a way she could help on the matter if the blonde girl was in need of financial help.

"Losimer how much farther are we?" (Lady Evelyn) asks Losimer who talked telepathically to her master, telling the villainess that the place was close. "Alright, I've actually never been here myself... It would make a difference from hearing your usual reports to actually visiting the place she worked."

The Villainess nervously looked around the place, the sun was going down and it seemed that the store would soon be closing.

"Is it too late for us to come in? Perhaps I can just wait out here- at the entrance?" she asks her familiar what would be the next best course of action, but Losimer just stares at her in a deadpan manner thinking his master was just making excuses again.

"Tweet! Tweet?"

"Oh... It's creepy if I wait out on her in the entrance? I see... I never really thought of it like that." (Lady Evelyn) was starting to feel like a stalker and that was bad.

Never in her nineteen years of age has she done this kind of thing before.

"Losimer what should I do? I... don't exactly know what my relationship with Miss Blanchet is yet- so- I don't..." (Lady Evelyn) pulls back her hood trying to hide her flustered look on her face.

"I don't know what exactly we are..." she sighs venting out her unsure thoughts towards her pet familiar.

Were they acquaintances? Friends? Something more?

"Tweet... Tweet. Tweet~?" (Losimer) asks, moving his wings, telling her that maybe they're something more?

Lady Evelyn on the other hand misunderstood his words and thought he was talking about Miss Blanchet and them being best friends.

"Losimer, I considered her as an enemy. A rival. I helped her while having thoughts that she would be a useful pawn in my game of power-" (Lady Evelyn) stops, staring at the door's window catching a glimpse of the blonde figure serving the tables and entertaining customers.

She slowly smiles, knowing that Miss Analissa has already charmed her in some way she can't explain. "I don't think Miss Blanchet deserves to be treated that way anymore." she announced, making her familiar happy.

"Tweet tweet?"

"No, I don't think we're near the friends spectrum either. If anything the line of noble and commoner still stands in the middle." (Lady Evelyn) slowly began rethinking her ways, everything she's done to help Miss Blanchet- everything was planned out to have the girl out of the crown prince's sight.

Yet, time after time.

When her different sides came into full view, the Villainess could not help but feel... an unknown thing she can't explain.

"You're right this is wrong why did I even come here just to see her in a maid dress- ahem I mean keep her safe when she's clearly capable of protecting herself-" her words slipped at the middle, truly she didn't come to the restaurant thinking that Miss Blanchet would be meeting with the crown prince.

Lady Evelyn came for the maid outfit.

"I should leave-" The Villainess was about to go, turning her back around but someone noticed her familiar figure blocking her way accidentally.

...

"A-Ah..."

"..."

It was Farrah who was holding a huge crate. She had a few vegetable deliveries done before the store closed and who would have thought she was going to see the same noble lady from the secret elven village.

"I-It's you... hello." (Farrah) wanted to wave her hand or even do a little salute to the noble lady but unfortunately her hands were a bit occupied with the crate.

The ex-soldier noticed her posture and anxious state. "D-Did you wanted to come in?" she asks the villainess who bites her lip, eyes refusing to meet hers.

"No, I was just about to leave. I-I just came here to get some oranges but it seems to have gotten late already so I won't be getting them." (Lady Evelyn) excused, even though the secret elven village was in the opposite direction Farrah believed the villainess and tilted her head slightly.

"Oh... Um..." (Farrah) blinks looking at the crate, it came from the elves. Their crops were one of the best and considered to be high quality products.

The secret village has been fertilized by their special kind of magic so the fruits and vegetables grown were much tastier than normal ones.

Perhaps the future Queen would like to eat in?

"I just got a few oranges delivered with some vegetables- would you... like some?" (Farrah) offers her dinner without any second thought.

Her mind would wonder if the girl already ate, after all this late at night- who wouldn't get hungry?

"You're offering for me to come in-?" (Lady Evelyn) was running out of excuses. "I don't want to impose, oranges are expensive and taking some would not be fair." she continued and the other girl became a bit flustered.

"Oh..." (Farrah) didn't really think about that part. "Y-You can pay me...? The same price? I um... Would you also like to try some desserts?"

The huge towering figure of the girl, usually would make someone scared out of their life but not Lady Evelyn.

It looked like a crow flies high, and looks down on the grizzly cuddly bear.

"Orange desserts?" The Villainess' eyes twinkle with the mention of dessert. Suddenly the memory of Miss Analissa telling her about frozen orange treats filled her mind. "..."



Lady Evelyn turns her back to see the door. "If... You really insist. If you don't mind- I wish to keep my visit here a secret."

Farrah almost drops the crate she was holding and wonders what could be the reason for the request.

"If news got out and rumors spread- you wouldn't want your restaurant to be crowded with unwanted attention, would you?" (Lady Evelyn) was worried about rumors escalating that she was meeting up with some imaginary commoner lover.

Why else would she visit a commoner's restaurant in the high city of the capital?

"Oh..." (Farrah) let out a long 'o' sound nodding, understanding her reason but still she wanted to welcome the noble lady in their humble abode. "P-Please... get seated inside, I'll make your dessert. I won't tell anyone you were here."



"You promise?" (Lady Evelyn) asks her signature question, she wanted to cast Obex Clastrum just in case, the spell pact where the punishment would be severe if not followed.

However, when Lady Evelyn saw her eyes- there was no hint of lies so she felt relaxed and trusted her with this visit.

"Y-Yes, I promise milady."

Lady Evelyn was quick to act, seeing that the tall girl had her hands occupied, she was the one that held out the door for her and opened it.

Cling! Cling!

The sound of the bell resting on top of the door was heard.

"J-Just to be safe... the best place where no one usually looks is the table under the stairs." (Farrah) understood the mission, giving more low-key tips on how to not get noticed.

"Thank you, and do come inside to get that crate sorted out." (Lady Evelyn) was still holding the door open out for her while keeping her identity a secret pulling the hood over her head, refusing to look anyone in the eye.

"A-Ah thank you, milady." (Farrah) gave her a wide soft smile before going inside and seeing Analissa working hard on wiping the wooden tables.

The moment the blonde girl noticed her friend was when she stopped wiping the tables keeping the dirty cloth by her side and excitedly ran towards Farrah.

"Is that the vegetables and fruits you were talking about?" (Analissa) asks, looking over the sealed crate. It made her excited, because there might be a chance if she could see some weird vegetables that weren't originally from earth.

 

The game developers added some special foods made out of magical ingredients! There was a monthly event that would be held, and one of them was a small cooking minigame where you mix, prepare, cut the vegetables and meat making different recipes inside the game.

Analissa was still wondering where Losimer went off too after covering him with the scarf, just in case he'll come back she kept it right where it was by the window.

"The bird that visited me was gone, I wanted to ask if you had a few more berries for me to give over to him if he comes back?" (Analissa) asks Farrah who nods, smiling at her kindness towards little critters.

"I have a few small ones that I can't use in desserts... You can have them."

"Really?! Thank you, Farrah, you're the best!"



Farrah's lips smiled so widely, having pink flowers everywhere around her. "Y-You're welcome."

If only she met Ham Ham then surely they would've been great friends.

Though the only problem now is-

"!!!"

Lady Evelyn was hiding from Analissa Blanchet, drinking in the blonde girl's amazing figure in her working clothes and managed not to make a sound.

Her eyes wandered and eventually got to her chest area, where the scarf is not present so she was able to see the glistening mountains.

Good lord not the glistening mountain!

 

List of Patrons:

Thank you to my patreon!

Platymage

Mis0

Anonymous

Andres Gtz

Ghostricktower

Asteria Urbanska 

If you'd like for more otome game: And see the advance story of our webtoon! Prologue is now available in my patreon!

38