Chapter 11: The Egg Project.
1.4k 5 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11: The Egg Project.

After securing her money scarcity with a new job and expected decent salary every month she just has to worry about magic and getting close to the Villainess in order to save her from death.

Then she also needs to remember to fulfill the promise she also made to Lord Ein.

Apparently he's not so bad after all!

In fact she's walking beside him right now when they've just arrived in the same halls! He seemed to look a little happier than before, Analissa could only wonder what could've happened?

"A lovely day isn't it, milord. Is this the reason for your smile today?" She starts off first holding her bag up front. The spring uniform colors blended very well with everyone else's seeing that it was new.

How convenient that some bird just threw it at her head.

Sadly, what our dearest Heroine doesn't know is that 'some bird' belonged to the Villainess and was now in charge of spying on her.

Lord Ein smiles widely feeling like he made an actual friend. "Yes it's quite a lovely day but I'm afraid this is not the reason why I'm in a good mood." he says casually, taking out a piece of paper out of his pockets and showing it to Analissa.

She leaned over a little and saw two love letters over his hands. It was a little ruffled but the heart seal was clear. "Lucky you. Who knew you'd be such a popular person." she says enviously. Well actually she knew he would have at least dozens of noble admirers for being a love interest in the game.

She's just jealous he got a love letter from a girl! All the males were after her, while it was certainly flattering she's not interested in any of them at all.

Lord Ein laughs at Analissa's compliment for him and hides the letter. "A boy and a girl placed them on my desk. They seem to want to gain my affection. However, I see nothing is working out for you in your end though." he thought of her childhood friend, Evelyn Alarie.

How cruel of her to keep this little rabbit waiting out in the cold. 

Just look at this pitiful man magnet but she doesn't even desire the affection of men.

Such a horrible curse. "Tsk, tsk." he clicks his tongue giving Analissa some pep talk if she'll need to make a move. "You know I overheard our professor in the beast keeping class make us partner up this evening. I suggest you use this opportunity to get close to the person you like."

Analissa's eyes widened in surprise and excitement.

Beast keeping class? That exist here?! She's only seen such things in novels, movies that depict wizards and witches flying in their broom into a sacred magical school.

And she missed Lord Ein's last sentence of importance. He wonders if she's dealing with a smart girl or an oblivious one.

"Really?! What kind of beast will we be taming? Did you hear anything about that? Or will we need to summon our own beast?" she immediately immersed herself into nerd mode, her hands shaking like there was no tomorrow and eyes shining with stars inside of them.

Lord Ein didn't take this girl to be such a magic nerd. "Calm down Miss Blanchet. You should prepare yourself because Professor Lionheart is too lazy to assign anyone as partners so he automatically just makes seatmates as partners." he grins, enjoying the rattled face of the Heroine.

So... by seatmate- she'll get to be partners with the Villainess!!!

It's just the exact thing she needs!

She can impress her with her beast taming skills and she won't hesitate on saying yes to be her friend!

Actually does the Heroine even have beast taming skills?

The same thought would soon come later at our dearest Heroine who was just too excited to think of anything at the moment but getting close to Lady Evelyn.

Little did she know, she had forgotten that this was part of the game events that was supposed to be done with Lord Ein. With the sudden changing of plot- the supposed to be love interest has no intent on being Analissa's partner.

"I can't wait to get class started!" (Analissa) raised her arms excitedly feeling pumped for education.

Both of them walked together to class getting to know each other more and went into their separate seats. Analissa couldn't stay still in her chair and was waiting impatiently for beast class to start.

The villainess on the other hand couldn't help herself from watching Analissa's distracting movements with her feet moving up and down.

Her face looked quite adorable when she looked rather excited.

Just then, Professor Lionheart, a half-man half-lion walks up in front of the class, takes the chalk from the side and writes his name on the blackboard. "Alright class. I'm your beast keeping class teacher Mr. Reginald Lionheart."

He gives the student a serious look. His teeth were rather sharp as he talked, the tail on his back was showing and his body was full of blonde fur including a mane in his face.

Analissa was so shocked!

She has seen this Professor in the otome game as a side character with no special designs but- his complexion and physical looks were really cool! "I know this is just your second week in this school but I need you all. I know I'm going to start giving out projects early because this will be fifty percent of your grade." (Professor Lionheart) instructed.

Everyone in the classroom didn't groan or complain. Instead they all took notes and waited for him to continue, especially Analissa who was really keen into learning everything that was magic related. "Your reading materials have already been handed to you, of course, you'll be having four major exams this semester." (Professor Lionheart)

He placed his paw on his desk revealing a magic circle colored bright orange with some magic runes on the side.

Several eggs appeared with some sort of magic seal in them.

"I've already begun arranging your own first task, taking care of a rare egg that will mature over a month. I would like for you to look at your seatmate and partner up with them."

Lady Evelyn quickly gave a glance over at Analissa who was just drawing happily in her notebook.

Analissa was interested in the seal that was in the egg, she was drawing it without a care in the world besides she already knows that she would have been paired with the Villainess anyways.

The Villainess didn't take it much to heart and just wanted to pass this class in peace so she didn't complain.

On the other hand her friend Lady Serene was crossing her arms glaring at Analissa. Such horrible luck it is! She's paired with some loser who's probably going to take care of the egg all by himself!

Leave the hard work to those lower than you, it's a running motto from her family. Why should she care for such a measly easy task caring for an egg?

"I wonder what's inside..." (Analissa) on the other hand was just curious about what was inside of them. She hoped that surely it's probably something magical that she can spoil and love!

Or something she can order around to bite people? How exciting!

"Their shells are extremely fragile. I suggest you tend to them with care." (Professor Lionheart) takes the eggs and gives them to each pair of the students.

Analissa was the one who took the egg that their professor offered and looked at Lady Evelyn with pure happiness and excitement. It was really huge- the egg was just about the same size as an ostrich egg. This will be a hard task to carry.

"Since I am your last class for the day. You may have this free time to talk with your partner and arrange schedules on how you can keep your egg alive by next month. Class dismissed," (Professor Lionheart) didn't waste time and left the classroom while the other students decided to know their partners a little bit better.

Analissa was no exception. She hurriedly brought the egg to Lady Evelyn's table and gave the villainess a wide smile, her eyes glinting with excitement. "So umm... your ladyship." she calls out to her.

Lady Evelyn took notice of this and was delighted that she approached her first. Its definitely been a while since their last meeting together, she even remembers the crown prince incident where she got... too out of control.

"Yes, Miss Blanchet." She gives her a polite smile back and a glance at the egg they were supposed to take care of. "I suppose we'll be talking about our schedules and who's going to take care of the egg for the month ahead of us." (Lady Evelyn) tucks in a loose hair in her right ear not realizing what that small movement made a huge impact on someone.

Analissa really... has a crush on the Villainess. If only she knew how much her character deserved better in the otome game but for now- just by her looks the Heroine was stunned.

How dare the other princes not see the beauty that is Lady Evelyn!

"Y-Yes! Our schedules." (Analissa) takes out her notebook full of scribbles and turns to an empty page. "I'm sorry but I won't be available in the afternoon till seven at night except on the weekdays." She takes her quill, dipping it in ink and making six lines on the paper.

Lady Evelyn's eyebrow raises in curiosity. What could she be doing in the afternoon? Don't tell me it's to meet up with the crown prince-!

The look on her face says it all, Analissa was quick to laugh and shake her head smiling for the girl's reaction. "Your ladyship, I just recently got accepted as a waitress in the city. Don't worry, I intend on keeping our promise."

Besides, Analissa would rather die than get close to his highness again. "I see..." (Lady Evelyn) coughs awkwardly looking at the adorable schedule drawing Analissa made. It even had a drawing of an egg with a ribbon on top of it. "You're... quite the artist."

Analissa giggles a little, heart thumping loudly with just a simple compliment like that. "I'm glad you like it." She placed her finger on top of the morning list and decided she could take care of the egg in the morning and Lady Evelyn could just take care of it in the afternoon after class.

Who's going to take care of it at night though... they can take turns on doing so.

Ah- who knew it would be really easy communicating with the Villainess. It seems that she was really serious about keeping a high profile on her studies, she doesn't even mind that she can't take care of the egg in the afternoon because she has a job.

"What do you mean we'll share on taking care of the egg- No?! You're going to do it because I said so. You're just the son of a lower Baron! I suggest taking care of it yourself or else." a screech of yelling revealed a red haired girl with one of her hands placed on her hips.

Analissa couldn't help but look at their direction and saw Lady Serene, cornering a poor boy onto doing the egg project alone. She wasn't sure if she should intervene, things looked rather intense there and she was sure this ladyship was not fond of her presence.

She could only apologize in her heart for the boy!

"Serene... not again." (Lady Evelyn) rubs the side of her temples to relax after seeing what her friend just did. 

"Apologies, Miss Blanchet. I have to take care of something." she excuses herself from Analissa who nods in understanding and sets aside her friend that looks like she was about to explode from rage. 

"Come on, let's talk." (Lady Evelyn) takes in the attention of her childhood friend before the other girl frowns seeing Evelyn. 

Lady Serene groans seeing her only friend was there to give her some pep talk again. "What? I'm the daughter of someone in a higher ranking. I don't need to waste my time taking care of some egg when I can just pass with flying colors leaving it to someone lower than me."

She glares at the commoner who was only allowed in this academy for her light magic. Analissa felt uncomfortable in her seat and looked away awkwardly.

She's really out for me!

Analissa thought, feeling the piercing gaze from Lady Serene. Ugh, nobles!

Having enough of it Lady Evelyn crosses her arms and gives her childhood friend the silent treatment while she gives out the next excuse to use. "Come on Evelyn-! We've been friends, you know I don't like labor, it's only for commoners." (Lady Serene) complains to her friend but still nothing worked.

"You help him. End of discussion." (Lady Evelyn) goes back to her seat with Analissa and Lady Serene rolls her eyes in annoyance but what can she do? Her goody two shoes friend ordered to help- so she's going to help.

Analissa looked at Lady Serene who told the boy that she'll take care of the egg during the weekends only. Leaving the boy to take care of it for the rest of the days, meaning five days was his duty and she was only left with two days.

"Better than nothing I guess..." (Analissa) muttered to herself and looked at the Villainess in admiration. Up until now she wonders why... this woman was deemed of a title she doesn't even deserve. "It was kind of you to help him, your ladyship."

Lady Evelyn didn't know how to feel about Analissa's compliment. Was it something to be considered... kind? "Do not mistake it for an act of kindness. Serene, one day she will be behind me when I rule the kingdom as queen. I just... need her to experience the meaning of responsibility that is all."

I guess she'll be learning what responsibility is from an egg, huh.

Analissa noticed that the Villainess's ears were a little red but she was keeping her face straight. Aw... was she too shy to say thanks? Analissa was willing to bet for her life if the Villainess was born with some sort of tail behind her, it would be wagging right now.

What a tsundere.

"Hehe. It's alright your ladyship. I also really like this side of you." (Analissa) told her casually feeling her chest tightening. "You know you could just accept the compliment."

Lady Evelyn shakes her head not believing this girl. "From now on, you're not allowed to say such things like that."

"I can't comply with that rule, your ladyship. Oh right! Since it's the afternoon I suppose you'll be the one who'll take care of the egg first. I'll come pick it up after work..." (Analissa) carefully takes the egg from the desk and gives it to Lady Evelyn who accepts.

"Do you know where my dorm resides?" (Lady Evelyn) asks and Analissa comes to a halt. From the look of her face it seems not. "If you search the noble dormitory and ask a servant there for my name. They'll lead you to me."

Analissa let out an 'o' expression and nodded in thanks. "I'll do my best at work so please do wait for me!" She gives her a little curtsy before running out of class.

The Villainess looks at the egg before smiling a little. "We'll be waiting I suppose." she gestures to the egg knowing that she won't be alone.

Lord Ein saw the scene and wished the little blonde girl good luck on her little crush. He'll ask for her progress once a few days would pass. 

Thank you to my Patreon!
Platymage

75