Chapter 5
670 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I forced myself to continue walking away, not turning around even once to stare at what was happening behind me.

Tantalizing sounds, tempting me to stop and turn.

But my willpower was strong, and I kept my back to them, I continued walking.

It was to provide them with privacy...I think?

I had to plan and prepare for the next party of Adventurers sent by the Guild. I hoped that they would invade soon, I had allowed the Mage to survive, escaping for that very reason.

While my original plan was to build an army of Thralls to handle the enemy attacks; I would also create or find a small group of powerful minions to handle the attack of any Heroes summoned by Arre, an Anti-Hero party, as it were. When it came to small events like the Guild playing with me, I preferred to just wing it, it added to the excitement.

But against powerful enemies--ones that could threaten me--I would spend an inordinate amount of time planning. I could end up obsessive and miss long period of sleep with many and varied plans and schemes; even though I didn't technically require sleep any more.

But I still slept, because it helped with the boredom.

The end of the corridor was in front of me, two massive wooden doors with metal reinforcing standing tall. I had kept them open when I originally left to play with the Adventures, so getting back into the Throne Room was easy.

As I left the corridor and entered the Throne Room, the noises still echoed loudly in my ears. It seemed that the virgin and innocent girl really had given herself over to the instincts of the Succubi. She was quite enthusiastic.

I closed the door and placed a low level soundproofing Rune on the doors. Finally my mind was no longer under siege by that insidious sonic attack.

I made my way over to my favourite mattress, the softest and fluffiest one, which I had placed nearest to the throne. I had also placed a large pile of pillows on it as well. The satiny sheets were smooth, and the thick downy blankets were incredibly comfortable and warm, conforming to my shape.

It was the perfect nest to lay down and read, or plan.

Upon getting comfortable, I gave in to the lure of reading, and took my book out from my Spatial Ring. I was researching the foundations of magic.

While I was immensely good with Soul magic and Forbidden magic, however, they were high level magics. My knowledge of the lower level magics and foundational magics were less than an average journeyman Mage who had passed through the Academy.

I was absorbed by the contents of the book and forgot about time passing.

Though I was drawn out of my stupor when Soea finished feeding and  opened the Throne Room door.

She approached my nest and knelt in front of me, her soft knees pressed into the cold stone floor, it didn't look very comfortable. She acted as though she thought that she couldn't touch my mattresses, which covered almost half of the available floor space.

As I looked up from my book and at her face, her glowing eyes met mine. Her face was flushed, her hair dishevelled, and her breathing was disordered. I smelt a strangely fascinating and musky scent coming from her, from the droplets of sweat which coated her body and made her clothing cling even closer to her body, which I didn't know was possible.

Shaking my head, I cleared the fuzziness that had filled it.

After a few seconds, I realized that I was still staring in her eyes.

I coughed a few times, clearing my throat, "Soea, you can walk on and lay on the mattresses in this room, though I must ask that you don't feed in here."

'I must request'?

I have no idea why I worded it like that, my head was apparently still not fully clear. This was worrying, my normal subconscious defenses should be strong enough to make me immune to charm magic below Level-8, and if she was using magic of that level I would feel the buildup of mana.

Then I could easily cast a counter spell.

I didn't want to see a beautiful girl having sex in front of me, well, I did, but it would make things a bit more interesting than I planned, for now...

Yes, I barely managed to resist saying that it would make things, 'hard', for me.

Dammit, I couldn't resist saying it.

"Yes, my lord!" Soea saluted.

Adorable.

She slowly rose to her feet and walked to a mattress near me but further down the pile, a lower 'position' than mine, and laid down.

Gesturing slightly, she had her Thrall join her.

He looked quite pale because of the amount of life-force that Soea would have had to siphon, since it was her first feeding, and she had used a lot of mana. He lay down next to her and placed his hand on her lower back.

Soea looked cute as she lay on her front, her feet were in the air as she swung them aimlessly. Forwards and back, backwards and forwards. She had her upper body raised and her chin supported on her arms.

She lay there and looked at me.

Her chest was partially exposed by her tight corset and the position that she was laying in. She definitely noticed as my gaze was drawn to that fascinating vista. She smiled and moved her feet with a little more force, causing some almost hypnotizing movements.

For some reason, she didn't seem to mind my rudeness, she looked at me with amusement and adoration. She didn't seem to notice that the Thrall moved his hand and began to play with her tail.

Drawing my attention back, getting control of myself again, I gently threw a book to her. She caught it with her tail, causing the Thrall to twitch as it lashed out of his fingers and around the book.

I don't think she even realized how easily she reacted and caught the book with her tail.

"You should read this."

I gave her the books for two reasons, the primary one was for her to learn about her new species and heritage, the other was to make so she changed how she was laying and being distracting.

Though, fairly, she had been avidly staring at me, studying me, as though she was trying to burn my image into her head.

"As you wish, my lord." She replied happily, opening the book and flipping onto her back. She held the book above her head with her tail, only using her hands to turn the pages.

She seemed slightly surprised at my order, but she happily obeyed.

Such an obedient little minion.

Though it was a spur of the moment decision, I was careful with my selection of book. I chose the 'Beginner's Guide to Demonology', a series of books which had been written by my Archdemon friend. Specifically the one that covered Succubi, their bloodlines, and even Lilith herself.

While she read the book, she would glance up at me from time to time. I don't know if she thought if she was being subtle, but when I noticed and looked back at her, she would blush a little and look back at the book.

I was sensitive to movement, so I noticed every time anyone in the entire room moved.

In this way, time passed quickly.

After what seemed like a few minutes to me, she shook her Thrall awake and got up to feed. It was common for me to lose time when I read, a habit that I picked up from Master, we would sometimes spend days reading in companionable silence without noticing time pass at all.

When Soea fed, she was only gone for five or ten minutes.

She fed quickly, but efficiently.

When she came back into the Throne Room, she would look happy and flushed, while the Thrall would look equally happy, but drained.

However, since I had removed the soundproofing Rune earlier because I expected the second expedition from the guild to arrive at any time, and I needed to be able to call out to warn her. This meant that I could hear them when she fed.

I had partially been able to tune out the sounds.

If it weren't for one thing.

While the Thrall was silent throughout the while process, this may have been because he was a stoic warrior; Soea, on the other hand, was rather enthusiastic and I heard her call out, "My Lord--!" more than once.

The first time she did this, I rushed out to see if there was a problem.

However, she was in the throes of passion and was incredibly embarrassed by her slip of the tongue, she blushed so hard that I thought that her head was going to explode. Though she did remember to ask me to join in, which I politely declined.

She seemed to like picturing me while feeding, and I found it a strange mixture between embarrassing, amusing, and slightly good. I found it intriguing as well.

It suddenly hit me that I kept most of the beds in the castle in the Throne Room, so the poor Succubus had to feed while lying on the cold, hard stone floor.

While I had never done it on stone, I had the feeling that 'feeding' on it wouldn't be very comfortable. I needed to fix this, for even though I was evil, I would treat my minions and companions well.

Once Soea had finished her current feeding session and come back into the Throne Room, I mentioned this to her.

She said that because of my order for her to not feed in the same room as me, she had chosen to feed in the corridor just outside the Throne Room door, and explained with a smile that it was so that I could call her at any time I needed her, and she would hear and be able to follow my command.

I picked up one of the unused mattresses and walked past her. She turned with me, and followed, a confused look in her eyes.

With the abilities of my body, even twenty or thirty mattresses and their accompanying wooden bed frames would weigh almost nothing. So, when Soea instinctively reached out to help me, I gently shook my head with a smile.

Soea closely observed me, she seemed to be trying to figure out what I was doing.

I carried the mattress past her and out of the Throne Room and placed it onto the floor of the corridor.

"This is for you to use while feeding. A cold stone floor can't be very comfortable." I finally answered her inquisitive stare.

"My lord, thank you so much for your consideration!" She seemed like she wanted to cry. She moved as though she was going to kneel or bow, and I gently grabbed her shoulders to hold her up, but her tail lashed out and wrapped around my leg in a Demonic hug.

I only showed her a tiny bit of consideration and she reacted like this, it made me feel strangely bad for making her into what she is. But it also made me feel strangely good, in a way that I can't describe.

Soea placed her hands on the hand which I kept on her shoulders, she had her head down, her raven-black hair falling like a shroud and hiding her face.

While I heard a tear drip onto the stone floor, I could also see, through the gaps in her hair, a smile that seemed to be trying to split her face in half.

I reached out and stroked her hair with my free hand. She rubbed her head against my hand like a puppy. I will admit it, I found her cute.

With a bit of effort, I wrenched my mind back, and released her shoulder. When I turned and started walking back to the Throne Room, I looked back and saw her follow along quietly.

When we got to the Throne Room, I sat on my mattress, and Soea lay on one below me. She took a glance at me and then began to read again, the Thrall held her with one arm, he seemed to know that she was a little emotionally unstable.

 

When I had first killed everyone in the castle, before leaving for the poisonous swamp, I had made sure to check out the library. However, it unfortunately had nothing on magic or important subjects.

The books were primarily focused on Human history, wars, and alliances, all useless to me.  

I had no interest in the comings and goings of ants.

I needed to go to a larger and better library, maybe the one in the Adventurer's Guild in the nearby city. Though I decided to wait until the next invasion and once most of the strong Adventurers were cleared out, I would loot the town.

Of course, I could do it beforehand. However, it would be easier…or at least more fun this way.

But, even with all of the power that I can wield, I still had to be careful. For if I showed off too much and drew the attention of that bastard god, he would send Heroes after me.

Being called the new Demon King and being endlessly hunted by summoned Heroes, well it would be an ironic way to go.

Then again, I could handle an average Hero, or group of them, with my Soul Skill and magic knowledge as long as I had enough preparation time.

Well, my Soul Skill 'Undying King' was a bit of a cheat. It made so that I couldn't die by most types of damage. If I did get badly hurt I would enter a magic sleep to heal, while I was asleep, I would be protected from my surroundings. The only things that could cause me fatal damage was direct Soul magic, Divine magic or Mental/Psionic damage, and of course gods and Demigods could fatally wound me.

Though, Arre could send an Apostle, or in the worst case he could descend in person to attack me. I can't fight a god, especially not a Mid-Tier Younger God such as Arre.

I lost track of time again as I thought and read, my knowledge on the foundations of Arcane and Unattributed magic increasing. I don't need to sleep, and rarely do I need to eat or drink, so I was going to be reading until the next subjugation team arrived.

I had no way of using sunlight to tell the time, since I had shielded the windows and didn't light the torches, I used magic lights for illumination. The light spell was similar to those used in ancient ruins since once they were cast, they absorbed ambient mana to keep themselves lit.

Well, I could estimate the time by Soea's feeding schedule.

Most Succubi had to feed once or twice a day depending on the purity of their bloodlines, their power, and their age. Since Soea was a pure-blood Queen, and was still young, she had to feed three times a day.

I had to cast a spell on her Thrall so that his innate mana could partially substitute the life-force that Soea fed on, so that he didn't shrivel up and die.

The subjugation team was taking an unexpectedly long time, they were probably waiting for their A-Rank Adventurer teams to complete their current requests, or to come all the way from the Guild Headquarters in the Capital.

Soea spent her time feeding, sleeping, or watching me.

I could tell that she was starting to get bored, so when the team didn't arrive by the time I finished my book, I decided to act.

1