Chapter 40
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Normally, to cast a Blood Sigil, just slashing my wrist would be enough. But the spell which I was going to cast required more blood than I could get in a very short time with a simple wrist slash.

I extended my nails and stabbed them directly into my heart.

With how strong my heart was, my blood could spray with such force that it could cut steel at a meter with every pump.

However, in three pumps, most of the blood in my body would be gone.

Using my Blood Magic abilities, I shaped half of the blood which emerged in the first heartbeat into a sword, which I shot at Arre. The 'Sanguine Blade' spell had natural Magical penetrative abilities.

The other half was shaped into a series of defensive Sigils, which I deployed around myself in an advanced array.

A second later, the second beat of my heart occurred.

I shaped the resulting fountain of blood into an Exorcism Formation.

Arre hadn't reacted yet, he was still partially blinded by the light that was generated in the host's eyes when he possessed them, this was what caused the glow.

This was one of the weaknesses of the spell he used, and one of the reasons I felt that I could defeat him.

A wave of dizziness swept through me because I had lost around two thirds of all of the blood in my body, in around two seconds.

Quickly healing my wound, I dropped to my knees and managed to stop myself from passing out.

With my head swimming, I succeeded in activating the Runic Exorcism Formation.

Arre made a strange, and slightly strangled, sound as he was almost forced out of his host.

A Channeling could be successful if the deity didn't manage to react, and unfortunately Arre was stronger than the average Younger Deity, so he got the small chance to react.

"So close." Arre spoke tauntingly.

"Well, I tried," I managed to spit the words out while I still focused on completely healing my weakened heart and muscles.

While I wouldn't die if I didn't manage to heal myself, my Soul Skill would activate and I would regenerate. But with Arre here, it would give him the chance to recover and kill Soea and Anna, and I would be captured again.

If I was captured, this time I wouldn't be able to escape becoming an eternal battery for the bastard god.

I managed to heal myself in time, I could see the Pope's face again clearly, and I saw the rage pass through his eyes. I had stolen one of his toys, and he hated that more than anything.

Now came the most dangerous part of the battle.

<Soea, Take Anna and retreat to the mountains, Arre won't be able to find the two of you while I fight him. I will find you when it is over>

I tried to reassure her as I spoke through our telepathic communication, deliberately projecting my love and comfort.

She was crying, there was intense fear in her eyes, and it made my heart ache as well.

<As my Lord commands>

Soea looked a little happier, she held Anna as she jumped into the air and flew towards the hills. When the soldiers began to move, to try to follow the girls, I merely had to summon a Rune and Arre raised his hand, he knew that the Humans had no chance.

<Please be safe, my Lord>

Soea's mental voice reached me as her form disappeared into the distance.

I sighed, it upset me to see her like this.

With a soft growl, I faced Arre.

The Pope's body shuddered and collapsed, the glow and whiteness disappeared from his eyes. He looked shocked and quickly backed away from me, he knew that he was no match for me without the assistance from Arre.

This was a bad sign.

Suddenly, the air solidified and everyone stopped moving.

I barely managed to extend my aura slightly and make sure that Soea was safe in the distance.

This was the sign that a god's Domain was being utilized.

Even my aura couldn't hold out for long, my wings shivered. I could survive this pressure, but I wouldn't be able to move well once my aura collapsed.

Even I was scared now, this was the signs of a full Descent and Manifestation, it was likely that I might die here, an unknown amount of times, before being captured. I was prepared to use the psychic link with Soea, and the Angel's primary soul in Anna, to kill them both and eradicate their souls while Arre was busy with me, making sure that he still couldn't get his hands on them.

I would do everything in my power to keep the girls from the hands of the bastard god.

Damn, he did it, a full physical Manifestation, not a Divine Power or Soul Descent...

A white hole appeared in the sky, rippling and shimmering like a door formed from water. With a sound like that of a heavenly choir, and a symphony comprised mainly from brass instruments, a young boy in a white suit began to descend from the sky.

Arre walked down an invisible staircase, and on the way down, he looked around proudly as he waved at the army on the plain. This deity was always showboating, which was also one of the reasons that I couldn't stand him... One of the reasons.

I felt terror shoot through the Angel's consciousness that resided in my mind, and which had recovered a little bit, I tried to radiate a feeling of calm and comfort.

"Well then, shall we continue?"

Arre turned towards me as two white, feathery, Angelic wings emerged from his back. They gave off a soft golden glow, seemingly shimmering, distorting the air around them like a heatwave.

He seemed as though he were thinking for a second before he grinned and focused, another pair of wings emerged, this time with a light green glow.

I knew that Arre's true, and full power, form had twenty pairs of wings that were like the void itself.

"Gimme your best shot, one free shot," Arre laughed and spread his arms wide, deliberately taunting me. He was absolutely sure that I couldn't even damage him when he had two pairs of wings out.

Funnily enough, I agreed.

If he had only one pair out, I could cause some major damage, especially if he was overly arrogant and didn't defend himself.

My best bet now would be to rip his suit, at least then he would suffer a little humiliation, this was all that I could hope to do now.

Arre said one free shot, so I decided to take it.

I watched Arre shaking his head in amusement across from me.

Applying a Levitation Rune, I drifted into the air.

If I wanted to hit the bastard, I was going to make it as impressive as possible.

I started my spell, beginning to chant, I drew Glyphs and Runes, a deep golden energy visibly surrounded me in an ever-shifting cloud. I would have added Sigils, but I was at a critically low level of blood and still slightly woozy.

My voice became louder and louder as I continued chanting, echoing around the battlefield.

The spell that I was using was made from three primary components.

A Verbal Component called 'Death Summons', a Runic and Glyphic combination called 'Summoner of the Demon's Claws' and a purely Runic component called 'They called me Ishmael'.

'Death Summons' was a verbal spell which used sonic frequencies to replicate the attack of a Cataclysm class Elder Being called a Grim Reaper.

'Summoner of Demon's Claws' combined a lot of Runes and Glyphs into massive Magic claws.

'They called me Ishmael' summoned a shard of the Soul of an Ancient Monster called a White Wail.

All three of these spells combined formed a Compound Magic called 'Hades's Call'.

As I finished preparing the last component of the spell, I suddenly heard a soft giggle in my ear, but when I flicked my eyes over, I saw nothing.

Arre had said, in front of a lot of people, that he would allow me one free shot, so if he raised a shield, it would make him look bad.

He narrowed his eyes as he looked at me, his eyes beginning to glow in annoyance, causing me to grin as I finished the spell and unleashed it.

'Death Summons' launched a cone of sonic damage, a cone which stripped the ground in front of me, both forcefully raising the dirt, and corroding everything within the spell's range.

'Summoner of Demon's Claws' appeared as deep crimson, flaming, claws that slashed forwards and hit Arre's impeccable suit... There was a ripping sound and a small tear appeared.

'They called me Ishmael' was the final component and went off as planned, drawing power from and combining with the first two spells, a massive white shape shimmered and rippled into existence.

While no one could see the definite form of the strange phantom, it started to emit a screech that made even me, the caster, feel like my head was going to explode.

All of the soldiers shivered, then exploded into clouds of gore.

Arre snarled as he was forced back a single step.

I was pleased, using one of my most powerful spells, I managed to cause a Descended deity to take a single step back, I even managed to rip his suit.

Of course, he hadn't raised any defensive spells, and only deployed two of his twenty wings, limiting his power to a tenth of its prime, but I was still pleased.

Suddenly Arre growled, his voice sounding deep and twisted, a force almost seemed to suck out my Soul at his words. He was speaking in a language that I didn't recognize, raising his hands with his fists clenched.

His size suddenly increased exponentially until he was over a hundred feet tall, and eighteen more wings emerged from his back, many different coloured auras all combining.

The combined auras generated from his twenty pairs of wings started to fold around each other, rippling and changing until they became a deep pure black. Their Stygian aura was now sea deep and pure that it seemed to consume all of reality.

He had become the essence of Void.

I began to worry, he was going at full power much earlier than expected.

Apparently I had seriously pissed him off.

At least I could die happily, once, before my Soul Skill activated and he captured me...

Divine Power gathered around Arre's extended arms, a massive ball of pure darkness appearing, twisting, spinning. I could see its effect on the surrounding space, on reality itself.

I could almost see through the thin veneer of reality's curtain, the surging and pulsing rainbow energies that writhed beyond the walls of totality.

Arre gestured, the ball began to fall through the air towards me, the Wards around my castle collapsed in less than an instant, the castle crushed into nothingness at the same instant.

A strong gravity began to crush down on me, pushing me into the ground.

As I resisted, the ground fractured, causing a deep crater to appear.

Resisting the gravity, I began to feel more forces being generated and applied to me at strange angles and differing frequencies, they all tried to rip me into shreds and spread me through the winds of Nihility.

The orb was still a few tense of meters above me, the residual edge alone was almost enough to rip me up.

I shut my eyes.

It seems that Arre wouldn't let my Soul Skill activate, or even if it did, I would be trapped beyond the borders of creation, I would be constantly killed and resurrected.

I will be joining you now, Master.

I had lived much too long anyway...

Smiling peacefully, I suddenly spat up blood... There goes my spleen.

It wasn't a mortal injury of course, I could easily survive many times this damage without even activating my Soul Skill.

1