Chapter 2: After school day
988 7 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
MASSIVE THANKS TO OUR EDITOR! Bnnuy! they have been a massive help already and are dealing with my madness really well. give them some love and wish them luck in the future as we continue this story!

Chapter 2:

After school day

Slowly driving into an open gate was a black, long car. Turning slowly into a cul-de-sac in front of a large mansion, it was only a two-story building but large enough that one could tell lots of money was spent to make it. A man in a black suit, wearing white gloves; and donning a calm, kind, yet cold expression, opened his door. He walked around the side of the car and opened the door to let out the passengers.

First out was a young girl, short and slim, wearing a dragon hoodie, she had a very small body but seemed ever energetic. She had gold hair that shimmered like sunlight, her eyes complimenting them like the sky, the white hoodie gave a seemingly summer day-like look to the girl.

Second out was an older girl, tall and buxom. She wore a vest, a buttoned shirt, and a long skirt; she had a very healthy body but seemed tired as her eyes were closing slightly, she had a warm smile as she watched the younger girl. She too had gold hair, but darker in color, it still shimmered, yet looked more like starlight, her dark eyes held the same idea of a cool night sky in her appearance, and the clothing she wore gave a full night-like appearance; purple and gold flowing behind her.

With the ladies let out, the man bowed; closed the door and moved swiftly into the driver's side, and simply drove off to the servants' quarters.

“Big sis, big sis! I’ve gotten better today! I can hide from May for an hour now!”

“Really? How nice. I hope it isn’t during school, you wouldn’t do that right?”

“Uh… ahah… nooo?”

The younger girl turned her face away from the older one, slowly scratching her face, as her eyes went fish-eyed.

“Mimi… please don’t do it again, however, nice, hah!”

The elder sister gave a small chuckle, and a smile, as the younger sister smiled back in response to the praise.

“Heh! Big sis, thank you!”

The younger sister hugged the elder sister with the biggest hug she could muster. The elder sister smiled wider, going from a chuckle to a laugh.

“Alright, you're welcome Mimi. Now, why don’t we get some dinner and you tell me more? Does that sound fun?

Disappointed that she couldn’t hug her sister for longer, she sighed, though pouting, and let go while nodding.

“I wanted to show you now, but fine.”

The elder sister shook her head while sighing, her hair flowing and slowly falling as she did, the younger sister’s eyes shimmered as she admired her elder sister's hair before sighing. The younger sister pouts slightly as they walk to the door.

“How can it stay so pretty without you taking care of it? It isn’t good for teaching you.”

The younger sister commented on her sister's hair, muttering the final part, not wanting her elder sister to hear her plans. The elder sister simply chuckled, walked up to the door, and said.

“Because I live a good life of course. If you live well you will always sta-“

*BOOMPH*

*THUMP*

“-AH! NO STOP, I-!”

*Lick lick*

A giant wolf-like creature had attacked the elder sister, who was now on the ground and was licking them vigorously across the face. Its tail wagging madly, causing the wind to stir slightly, like a small fan; it had silver fur which had a distinct pattern across its whole body, made from black fur, which also covered its paws. It had blood red eyes, which stared in joy at the elder sister's return, and was about as large as the pinned girl.

“SKOLL! NO!”

While trying desperately not to laugh, the younger sister tried to pull the overgrown dog off its owner. The younger sister, of course, had a huge grin and didn’t pull that hard, but she did know it would bother her sister if they didn’t get off at some point. After a small struggle the dog was pulled off, its ears drooped a little, and its tail wagged slowly.

“Hah… I missed you too buddy, but please don’t do that again… no… don’t look at me like that!”

The large mass of fur looked up and used a deadly technique it learned earlier in life. Swelling up their eyes it looked right into their owners’ eyes, not blinking once, while slowly whimpering. For the owner’s part, they looked away, desperately trying not to look into the eyes of their mischievous pet. Her resolve broke long before the dog's, the puppy eyes too powerful a weapon against her heart.

“FINE! Just… no jumping on me, okay?”

*WAFU!*

The wolf-like dog seemed to agree to the terms. Shaking itself in delight as it stood proudly beside its owner, who promptly scratched the dog’s head. A smile crept on her face, ruined by a long sigh as they started walking down the hall.


As the trio sat in the dining hall, they waited for their respective foods. The eldest sat at the head as she always did in the house, the youngest to her left, and the wolf-dog laying down to her right. The two girls chatted about how the school day had gone, the elder sister, for the most part, enjoyed their stay at the school, while the younger sister complained a bit about her tutors before giving them praise for dealing with her antics.

The maids came in at the right moment, during a lull in the conversation. They brought out each lady's favored foods: The elder sister had steak,  two steaks marinated in spices, mashed potatoes with heavy gravy; assorted vegetables, clam chowder, and some bread. The younger sister had much less than her sister; she had steak, mashed potatoes, and a small helping of greens. The wolf-dog had a large spread of meats, all of which was cooked rare, it nearly ate as much as its owner but couldn’t seem to top them no matter how much they tried.

“How can you eat so much big sis?”

“Hm? *gulp* fast metabolism?”

The younger sister stared at her sister’s ‘healthy’ body, squinted closely, and nodded.

“Riiiiight. I bet it is. Mhm sure, sure.”

The elder sister stared in mock horror, knowing what her younger sibling was thinking.

“Why, sister? Must you ridicule this sister of yours?”

She turned her head away in a dramatic fashion before giggling. The younger sister muttered something before sighing and getting to eat. It was quiet, only the sounds of clinking dish wear and metal could be heard, maybe the odd footstep from a servant here and there, otherwise the two simply ate in peace, the quiet was sacred to them, after all.


After eating and taking a bath, the wolf-dog was allowed to join them since the eldest enjoyed brushing their fur; the trio, after getting dressed and out setting once more into the vastness of their home, entered their room. The youngest was the first to enter and promptly jumped on the bed.

“Hehe! Best bed, ever!”

Her gleeful shout and joyful face quieted as the elder sister walked in behind them.

“yes yes, I love the bed too, but please quiet down… others are sleeping and we shouldn’t disturb them.”

The wolf-dog, knowing its owners well, stood beside the eldest looking at them, nudging them a little, so it could join them in the bed. Scratching the dog's head the eldest sighed.

“You two are a handful…”

*Wafu!*

With a chuckle the eldest joined her sister on the large bed, mumbling something about how her sister is too old for this, but doing nothing to stop her from staying, slowly she laid down on the bed, the wolfdog jumping on and laying next to her, while the youngest wrapped her arms around the large dog with a smile as she laid on her side.

“Heh, big sis could you tell me a story?”

The elder of the two sighed, and relented, too tired to rebuttal on how late it was. Slowly drawing with her hand, a silver glow appeared in the air above them. The eldest moved her finger slowly through the air, marking it before the color faded away. When done the room was nowhere to be seen, instead, it was now filled with a strange starry landscape, and the two siblings looked on as a few people talked. It was a short story, one most children would hear, but it helped the younger sister sleep quickly, thus the elder sister let it play out, narrating parts to make it feel more like a storybook. The younger sister had fallen asleep halfway through, but the elder sister continued till the end, where she looked over her sleeping wolf-dog, to see her sleeping sister holding it with a smile that could eclipse the moon in the sky. With a satisfied nod, the elder sister laid down again, smiled, and slowly fell asleep as tiredness took over every muscle in her body.

next chapters POV
  • a maid Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Mimi Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Sam Votes: 11 22.9%
  • stick with third person Votes: 5 10.4%
  • *bap* overthinking again I see! Votes: 22 45.8%
Total voters: 48
25