Chapter 4: Silver and Black
430 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry I have been out so long, life has been getting in the way, I have been moving and so time is a rare comoddety, along with that Bnnuy is having school stuff go on so editing has not taken place in this one. Respect to Bnnuy as they still are chill, I may edit this chapter with their edits if they continue being as awesome as they have been, for now you guys get the raw version! Thanks for sticking around and reading mine madness.

Chapter 4: Silver and Black

“All right girls line up!”

A woman dressed in a gym uniform shouted, her body was toned and her eyes hardened, her hair was black but had hints of grey. Her stance was that of a very orderly person, her feet evenly spaced, and her shoulders held perfectly back, she seemed perfect, except for a scar across her shoulder down to just above her bosom. As she watched the girls of her class line up, she seemed to smile, and a cold chill washed over the students, this was not one of the gentler teachers and the new girl could guess as much.

“Geez why is she always so loud?”

Whispered a small girl, her hair an ebony brown, and her eyes a maple compliment. Her body was not the best for PE, as she was small and rather frail in appearance, but she seemed determined to do her best. Her clothes were like the others, a standard uniform made from nylon and colored to fit the schools standard, gold and purple. Her companion, the one she whispered her complaint to smiled and whispered back.

“Because how else would she get our attention?”

“YOU TWO! QUIET!”

The girls jumped; the small girl nearly clung to her taller companion. A girl who had a great physique. Her muscles though small, were toned and looked as if she could take on any challenge, her thighs were stronger and seemed the most trained, and all this while still looking as delicate as a flower. Her gold hair slightly flowed around her, as if a lion’s mane. Her eyes held a deep understanding, as if looking into the ocean knowing all. Her face held a silent kindness, her smile almost physically brightening a room, while her sleepy eyes held the world at ease.

“Hah, yes ma’am.”

The tall girl replied, bowing a little. The teacher’s eyes narrowed, but she returned to watching the others, waiting for who would break next. After a good minute or two, and the girls not cracking and chattering to one another, she began.

“Alright, now today we have a new girl in our class, and since the school has asked me I will be doing a refresher course for all of you so she can get a idea of how I run things. I don’t know why, but… ah whatever. Right, girls we’ll be doing the course, so bring your waters.”

Audible groans from all the class could be heard, the teacher chuckled and then shouted for them to get moving. The ‘course’ seemed to be a mix of all manner of things, many of which seemed very out of place to the new girl, at least for a school. If she didn’t know any better she would have said her father had asked them to change things up at the school nearly the moment she started talking about going to a school, no she knew that he had already owned the school and had employed and built this place very differently.

As the girl walked closer they set their bags down by benches or by trees. Then walked to the start of the course, which was a long track. The teacher looked to the class.

“Alright, we are doing singles.” The teacher waited for the few groans to stop. “No magic either.” More groans come from the class “I know I know, no one likes it but best for the new girl, you’ll just have to suck it up. Now remember, most efficient use of time is important here. Four girls at a time, you girls line up!” 

The teacher picked a group of girls who had been talking amongst themselves, they sheepishly followed what had been asked. All of them seemed to be in well enough shape, and all of them were very much not excited to go first.

“On your mark. Get set. RUN!”

As the teacher spoke, her arm started glowing. The newer girls eyes widened a bit, impressed with the use of tattoos and magic, the other girls however sighed and the small girl whispered into the new girls ear. 

“Isn’t it crazy? The tattoo?”

“Mmmm no, not really? Isn’t it a natural evolution of circles?”

“Uh… yes, but isn’t it crazy th-“

“YOU TWO, you’ll be up next.”

The girls heads snapped up, what the new girl saw shocked her as she realized what those circles on her teachers arms did; A large, four armed, snarling beast, was chasing after the girls as they ran like their lives depended on it. 

“Yes ma’am…”

‘A summons? How? Isn’t it…’ The new girl’s mind wandered as she watched, she was good at running after all so it may not be a trouble. She started looking around, seeing more of her father’s influence upon the “training grounds” as she plans to call it; A small ring with some sand in it, a few of the more military establishment like climbing walls and other such. Sighing the girl turned back to the track, the girls had run their lap, and the summons was... giving them small waters from a cooler, of course this was to be expected, but a giant beast with four arms with hands about the size of your head is still shocking, even when expected.

“Alright, you four.” The teacher said, pointing to the small girl, the new girl, and two others; A silver haired girl, a serious expression as she looked at the new girl, and who had dark red eyes, nothing strange to those who live here, but still a pleasant surprise for the new girl who hasn’t left their home much; the last was a black-haired girl who let her hair cover most her face when in class, which was now in a pony tail, she had a pleasant smile and welcoming brown eyes.

 “Line up and Flix will start after ya’.” The teacher said.

They did as asked, the two girls chatted a little before taking the sides. Nami, the small girl, had taken the inner left side, while Sam, the new girl, took the inner right side. To their right was the silver haired girl, who had a smirk and nodded to Sam, and to their left was the black-haired girl, who gave a nod and smiled.

“On your mark.”

All the girls lowered down, preparing to go.

“Get set.”

Sam took a long breath, letting her mind clear of her thoughts, and preparing to simply run. The other girls did their own rituals to prepare, and then.

“RUN!”

Off they went, Sam tracking right behind the silver haired girl, the black haired girl was taking up the middle while Nami surprisingly ran by black hair. Then the ground started to rumble. Sam hadn’t seen to much of the beast, who’s so called name is Flix, as she had been looking else were, but she was very aware now. The beasts hands were used similar to a gorillas, but their palms hit the ground rather than their knuckles. It may seem inefficient, but the beast had more than two arms, and it seemed those would grab anything in the area, or in this case, some girls running like they could die.

As they furthered on, Sam noticed a few things off, such as how the track seemed inordinately short with nothing on it, and yet they had been running for quite some time, or so it seemed. As she contemplated the implications, she saw a large object rushing towards her, a hurdle, simple and small, but still surprising enough that she almost stumbled.

It would continue like this, silver hair stayed in the lead while Sam would stumble a few times as different obstacles came up, Nami and black hair both held their ground but never really got to pull past the other two. At the end of what seemed to be an infinite track the girls found the finish, and when they stepped past the teacher nodded, Flix went and got them small cold waters, and they took a long sigh.

“You four-“

The teacher picked another group of girls and it continued. 

“Good job out there!”

The silver haired girl spoke up to the others first, Nami nodded and squeaked out a small, “thanks”, while the black haired girl nodded, a bit disappointed it seemed.

“Thank you, you did very well as well, may I know how you got so good?”

Nodding Sam then asked her new companion in running about their abilities. 

“Eh, I just run a lot, nothing special. Me and Terry are always competing though.”

“Terry?” Sam asked, quizzically.

“Me and her, duh.” The silver haired girl pointed to the black haired one, who was sitting on the ground opening her duffle bag and grabbing a water bottle, they gave a small wave when pointed to and then returned to ruffling through the bag. “She doesn’t talk all that much, but she’s nice.”

“I see.” Sam nodded, taking it in. She looked over the two more closely, the silver haired girl had a much fitter body than previously noted, she clearly worked out often and the rapping of her fingers on her legs showed she practiced her magics just as much. The black haired girl, now known as Terry, seemed more inclined to the school books, as her bag held quite a large sum, and as her arms show, she did quite a bit of exercise to keep all of them with her.

“May I get your name, I realize you have told me your friends, and yet I know not of yours.”

Sam prominently asked about her new companions name. The companion, for their part, was shocked they weren’t recognized from the start.

“Huh? You haven’t heard of me?”

“No? Should I have known?”

“Ahah… well, no… just I figured you figure me out.”

The girl chuckled and scratched her head, her smile showing more of her relaxed attitude. 

“Names Frey, last name omitted since I want you to figure it out!” She seemed to believe it was important what her last name was, but Sam simply smiled, nodded and said.

“Of course. I am Samantha, the pleasure is mine.”

She extended her hand to Frey. Nami, who had been at this point very quiet, saw that Sam seemed a little less interested now, or so it seemed. The tall girls eyes had lowered some, and she smiled slightly meekly, so she stepped in, after the two shook hands as she didn’t want to be to much of a bother.

“Um… Sam? You wanted to know more about the teachers tattoo right? Why don’t we talk a bit while we go to your bag? You left your water back there.”

“Ah yes, well this has been a pleasant experience, thank you Frey, Terry, take care now.” 

She gives a small bow before walking with Nami away.

“So Terry, got anything on her?”

“Nope, were not in her class. Don’t worry about it for now.”

The two, Terry and Frey, muttered for a bit while the other two walked off.

“So what was it you were about to say, Nami?”

“Right, um you know that spell circle tattoos are only for military right? Since they have to fight off monsters?”

Sam stopped rummaging through her bag as Nami said that, looking down into her bag she nodded and said.

“No… I was unaware of such information, I would have hopped my father would tell me such… Important information.” Her face was slowly dropping the more she spoke, clearly bothered by this development.

“Well you know it isn’t your fault!” Nami was quick to come to her friends aid, after all they seemed pretty sheltered and looked disappointed at their knowledge failing them.

“Thank you Nami. I will just have to speak with my father in the future about this, do not worry.”

Sam replied, dignified and simple as she tries to brush it off, smiling a little to continue the act. She may be irked by such a simple inconvenience, but she was not deterred. It was afternoon at this time, a little later in the day as Gym had been planned to be the last class, for now at least. Until all new students settled it was going to be troublesome to get a proper schedule.

Sam would take her car home, Nami watched, a bit worried but less so after a small talk about the vehicle itself and its driver, who was only called as “Mr. driver”, which both girls thought rather curious and had a light chuckle before Sam departure. 

As Sam returned home she pulled out a phone, after dialing a number she spoke firmly. “Father? We need to chat.” A gruff, harsh voice replied. “When? Now? Bah… I’ll come to you, Samantha I hope you aren’t pulling something.” Sam said nothing in return. “Your mother wants to-“ “I’ll make sure to tell the staff about guests, no need to be rash father, please it is just a few questions! Please don’t bring mother.” It wasn’t a plea, just a statement, a calm and reassuring voice came back. “Dear? How lovely of you to call, 1800 work?” Sam’s face dropped, her hand trembling, a squeak came out. “Y-yes m-m-mother.”

13