Chapter 83
216 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, you don't agree with monogamy?" asked Blackthorne.

"It's fine. I guess... just seems super lonely," she admitted in a more upbeat and thoughtful tone.

She placed a hand toward her indistinct lips. "Harems are fun. You know? The wacky shenanigans. The girls all actually being good friends who support each other despite being love rivals. They all constantly try to get the male protagonist solely for themselves."

"Is that so?" asked Blackthorne. He'd never really thought about it like that, but it was easy to see. Though, it was strange that a supposed goddess would be referencing what sounded like harem-themed anime.

She cheered up instantly and rolled forward onto her shins. Now on all fours she seemingly looked toward him with her indistinct eyes. "Yes! Of course! Nothing is better than a proper harem story! Each girl hopes to be the main girl of the story. Yet, they all still care about each other and are super close friends and stuff."

"Some people would claim that sort of thing is unrealistic, and portrays women like prizes to be won in a male fantasy..." remarked Blackthorne.

The goddess snorted. "Most of those people end up alone and crying to their overweight sweater wearing cat on Tuesday nights."

"Damn..." said Blackthorne, "Goddesses are savage."

She chuckled softly then propped her chin back up on her knees. "Well... I do like a good savage outing..."

"Who doesn't?" asked Blackthorne lightly.

He sat back on his haunches briefly then leaned forward. "You said you killed me?"

"Ah, yes. I accidentally killed one of your other yous," she said in a sincere sounding tone.

"Right. My other ...me." He looked quizzically toward her. "What does that even mean?"

"Sorry. I'm censured and can't talk about how you are other than you, and also you, right now. At least in some regards. I'm a little uncertain of the actual rules." The goddess released what sounded like a long-suffering sigh.

"You just were though?" he asked.

"Not really. You already know that other worlds exist and that you can exist in them. So, admitting that is no big deal. I just can't go into detail about how that all works at the moment," she said.

"Not even to tell me how you killed my other me?" he asked curiously. "Why you were on community service and all that?"

"Well, I suppose I could give you the highlights... but it's embarrassing," she admitted in a cutesy tone. She scratched at her cheek and seemed to look away as far as Blackthorne could tell.

"Good." Blackthorne rocked forward and stretched out on the ground. He needed to heal up anyway. Why not indulge in story time?

She giggled softly then pounced forward and stretched out on the ground as well. Her indistinct, yet indelibly feminine, form came more readily into view. She lifted one foot up and allowed her heel to hover over what approximated her butt for a moment.

Much like a girl spreading gossip with a friend, she began to relate her story. "Well. Since my sister was being a Scott hog, and kept your other you all to herself, I got lonely and stuff."

Blackthorne looked at her then snorted out a breath. "Right."

"Right!" she said cheerfully.

"Anyway, I started looking through the *bleep* and *bleep* for a long time while I *bleep*. I'll tell you, all that *bleep* really wears a girl out. I couldn't even *bleep* for a while!" she said emphatically.

"I... Uh... bet?" he asked. What the bleep was she trying to tell him? "What's with the bleeps?"

"You're hearing bleeps?" she asked.

"It makes you sound like you were looking at porn on the Internet and someone put a no-swearing filter on you," admitted Blackthorne.

She giggled. "Well, that's not exactly what I'd call it but it's not that far off from accurate."

Blackthorne cocked his head to the side. "Really?"

"Sure," she said before she propped her head up with her chin. "Anyway, I found a cute little fat Scott and decided to make him mine."

"You, found a fat Scott?" he asked her. "Not into the Irish, or something?"

"Pbbbt! Boo. You know what I mean. I found a cute little fat you," she said.

"He was me, right?" he asked.

"Sort of, though your other you's life was different," she said lightly.

"How so?" he asked.

"Ah. Well, I'm not easy... unlike what some people claim," she said, the hurt creeping back into her voice.

"Sorry about that," he replied.

"Yeah, still hurt to hear it," she mumbled. "I only want Scott after all. No substitutions!"

Her indistinct hand waved him off before he could say anything, and she continued, "Anyway, I checked him out thoroughly to make sure he fit all of the proper criteria for a good Scott."

"Which are?" asked Blackthorne.

"Well, a proper Scott has to care about his family. Um, he also should like anime and games and stuff if they exist in his world," she said. She stopped herself then nodded a moment later, "Oh! It's best if he's mostly into girls because I prefer playing as a variation of myself when I play with mortal souls."

"And?" he asked her. "Wait, mostly?"

"And?" she asked him curiously. "Also, yes. Mostly."

"Those are your only criteria?" he asked in surprise, while ignoring her statement about her idea of a proper Scott being mostly into girls.

"Yah? Of course. I don't want to discount a good Scott just because he's never heard of video games or enjoys boys love," she said lightly.

"Anyway," she said before waving her hand through the air. "I found a good one."

"He fit your criteria?" asked Blackthorne.

"Yes!" she exclaimed happily. "He lived with his mother despite being an adult, so I knew that he cared about his family."

"He... lived with his mother," said Blackthorne slowly.

"Yes, in the basement," said the goddess. "He had this really nice gaming set up down there that he used when he wasn't watching hentai."

"By that, you took it to mean that he liked anime and games... Didn't you?" asked Blackthorne as he immediately began to see a pattern in her thought processes. Admittedly, he personally lived alone and with no basement, but there were certain things a man did in his bachelor pad that must never be spoken of in polite society. He did not even want to think about a basement dwelling version of himself.

"It also meant that he mostly liked girls, cuz the porn and stuff was mostly girls!" she said in a triumphant tone.

"Mostly?" asked Blackthorne with a shudder.

"Yah, mostly," she agreed with a nod. "He also occasionally watched tentacle-based furry futanari pegg—" she began only to be cut off by a loud and decidedly cutesy growl from Blackthorne. Much like a puppy with an adorable bark, he could not help the way that he sounded.

"So, this guy who was supposed to be another me? How did you kill him?" asked Blackthorne with a bit of eagerness in his tone. "Please tell me it hurt a lot."

"Ah, well... Yes, it did hurt me... but I don't know why you sound so eager to hear me admit it again," she said confused.

With a sigh, she continued, "Honestly, I figured he would be super healthy because he had such a big body. I mean, he was like an oily whale with arms and legs!"

"Right..." said Blackthorne while he fought down an involuntary shudder.

She tilted her head sideways and made a soft humming noise. He pressed her for information. "Hello? How did you kill the fat little me?"

"Well—" she sighed softly then made a little cutesy tittering noise. "Aheh—heh..."

"Out with it woman..." said Blackthorne.

She blew out a breath then sat up and seemed to thrust out her chest. "I was so happy to finally have a Scott of my own that I greeted him at his home. Things were going great till I told him he could touch me in any way that he wanted since he was my destiny and stuff."

Blackthorne groaned a little then clamped his mouth shut. She sighed then looked down at what should have been her breasts were she more distinct. "Sadly, these killed him."

"These?" asked Blackthorne.

"Yeah, he touched my epic sweater kittens and sort of... well... died," she said softly.

"Epic sweater kittens? Really?" he asked her with a snort.

"That's what one of my sisters called them, yes," said the goddess.

"Your sister said that?" asked Blackthorne.

"Yah, Mid. She likes to make fun of me now and then because my sweater kittens were too much for his untouched virgin heart and it exploded inside his chest," she said with a tearful sniffle.

"This is the sister who is with my other me?" asked Blackthorne in search of some form of clarity within the confines of this ridiculous conversation.

"What? No! At least she better not be after I was told there would be no harem shenanigans!" said the goddess in a huffy tone.

Blackthorne took that tidbit of information to heart for a moment then asked, "So you killed him because his heart could not handle fondling your divine boobs?"

"Yeah. I was super bummed. Even wrote a song about it to help me get over my loss since I was banned from ever seeing him again," she said with a sigh.

"You... wrote a song about the guy whose heart exploded when he touched your epic sweater kittens?" Blackthorne cocked his head to the side and closed one eye while opening the other wide.

"Yah!" she replied excitedly. Not long after she acquired a thoughtful tone and said. "Hey, that's funny. Mid said that almost word for word when she found out about the song."

She gasped slightly then clapped her hands together. "Wow, she even had that long pause in the beginning too!"

"Oh, It is still way up on the charts, too!" she exclaimed without allowing him to interject. Her jubilance died a bit, however, and she sniffled a little. "I called it the Ballad of Fat Scott... Cuz ballads are about love and stuff, I think. Anyway, the first physical copies sold out in twelve picoseconds so it was decently popular."

He chuckled briefly then drew his head back. "Wait, picoseconds? How many copies?"

"Dunno? Few million? I was all sad and stuff, so I didn't pay attention to the details," she admitted in a somber tone.

"How could you possibly sell that many physical copies of a song that fast?" he asked incredulously.

"We do have the Internet, Scott," she said with a snort.

Blackthorne grunted at her then let it go. He began to ask about something else, however she jumped to her feet and exclaimed, "Shoot! I have to go."

"You do?" he asked her curiously.

"Sorry, yeah. I've got like, goddess stuff and such to do..." she said.

"Goddess stuff?" he asked.

"Yeah. Goddess stuff..." she said, her words trailing off. She quickly hopped up and down then laughed happily. "My sister is going to be super jealous! I got to have the same conversation with you as she did with your other you."

"She discussed goddess stuff with my other... me?" asked Blackthorne.

"No. Well, yes eventually. But I meant she had like girl elf stuff to do, but it was still stuff and she had to do it... just like I have girl goddess stuff to do," she said in a happily rambling manner.

"Uh... alright then," said Blackthorne. What else was he supposed to say to such a weird statement?

"I'll see you later, my darling bride!" she said happily.

"I'm a man dammit!" he cried uselessly.

Her laughter was her only response, and soon that too faded away along with her indistinct form. She seemed to be gone for real; gone back to whatever place weird girls like her lived.

He snorted once then allowed himself to relax. However, a few seconds later his eyes snapped open. He hopped up onto his back legs and shouted, "Wait! Come back and tell me how to get out of this damned cave, you gossipy goddess!"

Blackthorne groaned loudly when no one answered him. He dropped to his little reptilian knees then beat his tiny fist against the hard ground beneath him. "I'm an idiot!" he shouted.

In another place, but in a similar time a red haired girl lifted a beautiful golden tiara from her head. Her eyes opened, and a brilliant smile rose on her perfect lips. She looked at a large monitor situated in front of her. On the screen she saw the object of her affections, an adorable black dragon

"What are you doing, Scott?" she asked with a giggle. The little dragon shouted to the heavens then beat his fist against the ground. All she managed to hear from what he was saying was a desire for her to come back.

"That's. So. Sweet!" she said excitedly. "He really does want to play with me some more."

"Dammit!" shouted the little dragon on the screen. "Come back here, I said!"

The goddess smiled happily at the screen then sighed as she turned off her monitor. "I really wish I could play with you more today, my cute little dragon Scott."

She pouted at the screen then puffed out her cheeks. "Stupid community service update briefing."

The goddess rose up from her comfortable gaming chair then strolled over to a nearby dresser. Atop it sat numerous collectible figures, most of which held a striking resemblance to each other. One figure, a man wearing US Army ACUs stood resolute and proudly at ease with his hands crossed over the small of his back.

She kissed two of her fingers then lightly tapped the action figure on the cheek. In truth, it looked quite similar to Scott. "Big sister better be taking good care of you, because this sexy ninja goddess is about to be off the market."

The goddess made a gesture with her left hand and her clothing disappeared with little preamble. She reached toward a round disc sitting nearby and placed her hand over it. A soft blue light rose up and she took on a look of concentration.

A few seconds later an item appeared in the air above her dresser. Soft and silky, with a hint of lace at the border, they were an incredibly comfortable looking set of panties. She giggled softly then snatched them up. On the back there was a stylized image of Blackthorne's face. "New Scott merchandise get!" she cried before she took a moment to slide into her new favorite pair of underwear.

With another giggle she stuck her hand back into the light. A new object soon appeared in the air before her. "Now I can sleep well at night, cuz you'll protect me from the bad little monsters won't you, my adorable little dragon Scott?" she asked the stuffed plushy version of Blackthorne that she created. It was a ridiculously cute and cartoonish version of the dragon complete with goofy smile.

"Yes, you will!" she cried happily. She took a moment to spin around while she pretended that her stuffed toy was flying through to air to reach her heart. She clutched him tightly to her chest afterwards and giggled again.

The goddess kissed the little plush snout then whispered, "You don't need to fly to my heart, my silly little Scott. You're already there!"

Her door opened suddenly and a slightly older looking woman appeared. She wore an outfit that seemed to be a cross between lingerie and a mage's robe. Atop her head resided a large floppy witch's hat. "Shara? What is taking you so long?"

"Oops, sorry Mid." said Shara excitably. "I was almost dressed..."

"Yes. I'm sure you were," said Mid as she sauntered into the room. "Those are new..." she said while taking stock of Shara's new underwear.

Shara laughed nervously and lightly pulled on her ponytail while looking away shyly. She turned away from Mid and tried to hide the dragon print on the back, even as her face became flush with embarrassment. "What? Do you mean this old thing?"

Mid offered her a knowing smile. "I'll be in the car when you're ready. If you hurry we'll stop for ice cream after."

Shara's eyes widened, and soon a soft light began to shimmer from them. "Really?"

"Sure," said Mid. "It's not every day that my youngest sister has to go before a tribunal to brief them on how her community service has reformed the wicked ways of her epic homicidal sweater kittens."

"Mid..." said Shara in a pouty tone of voice. "That's so mean."

Mid arched her eyebrow elegantly, and then with a smile filled to the brim with casual good humor she said, "Dear childe, of course it is."

Shara groaned at her older sister then began to get dressed. She did not want to miss out on ice cream!

Mid pulled down the brim of her hat then offered a mischievous smile before she disappeared from the room. She quickly headed off toward the family car, as promised. She would be driving for once, and she did not wish to miss a second of such a mundane and normal human experience. Along the way she chuckled softly to herself as she remembered the panties her youngest sister had chosen to wear. "Oh these little sisters of mine. They do amuse me so."

She stopped briefly then placed a finger to her lower lip. "I wonder how long it shall be before I might tease her appropriately about her latest attempt at acquiring a Scott of her own?"

Her expression became thoughtful a moment later. "I do so hope this poor boy has no history of heart disease. Terrible business that..."

Back in her room, Shara sulked a little but did not complain that she could get to her meeting on her own. The fact that Mid took time out of her busy schedule of scheming and mischief making just to drive her there was such a sweet thing to do that she could not pass up the opportunity. Plus, ice cream always tasted better when she had someone else to eat it with her.

 

3