Chapter 4 Subjugation… Fall.
588 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I know this isn’t the right time, but I never did get to read the ‘materials’ dad sent over. I was either too tired from the training or hard no time to do so… I should have dedicated some time to doing that. I miss them so~~.

We got into a heavy looking SUV parked at the bay. I was told it was equipped with heavy armour and reinforced with magic.There’s also some few Magitech equipped but the explanations and exacts were too long and difficult to understand so I just shut them out at the time.

The bay would have had many such vehicle on another other day but just a couple was around… And at the supposed entrance was—not where we just came through—was same swirling portal I had use to get into this place, only a few times wider.

We all took the open back, Ro, Hoshi and I on one side facing Yasagawa-san who had Onyx lying on her lap. Shinosaki-san took shotgun immediately pulling out a tray from beneath the glove compartment, and opened the laptop which was hooked to it. Been already booted, a fast click-clacks, her hands quickly typing on the keyboard.

A blue flash overhead of the driver’s seat from a camera-lens-like object and just like the holograms I saw when I first came here a construct begun to form. And after a few moment a person, average looking male in his 30’s, was seated grabbing the wheel. But unlike the holograms I saw this looked real, too real. I had the urge to touch to see if it was.

The engine started with a soft hum and the car moved towards the portal. Just like before we went through feeling that momentary thin, wet sensation. And out we came from an open garage on the grounds of the convent speeding towards the exit.

Turned out to be Magitech which uses illusion magic to create the individual. You can’t have kids driving on the road now can you. Well Yasagawa-san probably could have been the one at the seat but she not being would be she had no license. About the illusion, I was told that to the normies it affected their perception to the pouch if they came in contact with it they would feel the touch.

So this just means Shinosaki-san is our driver. Remotely controlling the car as the construct followed up with pre-programed movements at the same time keeping track of what’s going on at our destination.

I hope we get there soon. The car being speedy and with the curfew that was in immediate effect after the portal appeared there shouldn’t be anyone on the streets much less traffic, so it shouldn’t take us long, I hope. The streets look deserted, like some ghost town.

“Give me a read on the current situation.” About 20 minutes on the road Yasagawa-san asked.

A few click of the keyboard, random screens, charts and so on popping up and the dominant small window at the corner—I can’t even begin to comprehend, just looking at the screen is giving me headaches—Shinosaki-san spoke,

“There’s no movement on the outside, target must still be inside. But I got a magic pulse on the scanner and it’s steadily growing. Something must be happening in there and whatever it is to release such an impressive amount of magic wouldn’t be a good thing.”

“… odd… I don’t think whatever came through is a beast. If it was, then it is one with high intellect”

“How do you figure?”

“Low level beasts would be on a rampage immediately they are out, But this seems to deliberately stay inside” Assssed Yasagawa-san

“… and the magic signature coming from the pulse is different from the one that came out. ” Continued Shinosaki-san.

“So what…?” Our timid Ro, who has been quietly asked which his usual non-confident voice. Well, I haven’t also spoken since we left. Really there was too much on my simple mind.

“… I speculate the individual may be… a demon… The rank I have no clue. They must have brought something through the portal, that is giving off that pulse… Even though some beast may have powers but their intellect only stops at their cunning, not unless it’s a tamed beast. We’d have to be careful.”

Hoshi turned to Yasagawa-san.

“What now? Do we sit until back up arrives? Or go in even knowing the risks higher than what was presumed earlier. Your call cap’t.”

“… And who knows what would happen if we wait longer/”

I have so much I want to speak about to convince them but I sat quietly trying my best to listen not being distracted by my thoughts. If they come to the conclusion of waiting longer I wouldn’t hesitate to go on in by myself.

“…”

“… Our job is to investigate. If it is something we can handle, we do. If difficult we hold out until back up arrives… But if something beyond our capabilities and the ones to arrive, request for emergency assistance.”

The silence was our affirmation.

It couldn’t be clearer to me at this that this kid my age put their lives in danger for the sake of others. I barely had to time to interact with anyone apart from them since I got here but from what I have seen I can’t help but wonder; is this all their life is, the battle? How do they live without the fun which gives you the sense of living?

We were now 15 minutes away from destination.

“What’s our plan of attack, cap’t?”

“Ay-chan…,” I rarely hear her call Shinosaki-san by that, they must be really close, though its hard to see them hanging out together as they were mostly preoccupied with their respective jobs?, hobbies?, yea, works will do. But they still do. “… pull up the data specs on the warehouse.”

I hear the clacking for a moment before a 3 dimensional hologram pops up before.

“… Looking at this thing there’s not much to go about on this place.” Commented Hoshi.

“It’s been abandoned for quite a while, now a gathering place for degenerates… Good thing the area around it is somewhat isolated. The only way in is through the main entrance. The windows had been seal so we by the squatters so we can’t sneak in.”

“So basically we lack the element of surprise.”

“They’d be clearly expecting us if they were a demon or an intelligent beast, what’s there to surprise.” Calmly came Shinosaki, yet sharp.

“Right… Whatever happens we just do the best we can.”

Some minutes later the car stops.

“We here.” Reported Shinosaki-san.

We filed out of the car. Right before us was the warehouse. I’d seen it on a couple occasions, but from the distance if I ever made it into this neighbourhood. With the way it all quiet you get some creepy vibes from it. I definitely wouldn’t want to come here at night… And here we are.

Just looking at it you wouldn’t be able to tell something was happening in there. Yasagawa-san urged us and we inched forward cautiously. Who know where an attack might come from.

About a few meters away from the big slider gate it felt like walking into a different world. The air around this place change and now you could see pulsating glowing coming from the little holes and gaps.

“Isolation barrier…” Ro muttered.

 Hoshi takes the lead cracking his knuckles,

“How about we invite ourselves in. I’ll go knock.”

Even though he had his grin, just a few of times and I can tell he has that he smell a fight, a battle junkie, but that didn’t lessing the tension in the air.

Onyx seems a little different as well. Her usual was always sleeping but today, she seemed awake, probably knowing the severity of what might happen. Well, somewhat awake. She looks real sluggish.

Those with weapons hard their hands gripping, including me, reading ourselves.

Standing in front of the entrance took a stance then cocked his fist back. You could see wisps of air wrapping around that arm. And he sent it forward.

His fist smashed into the metal sheets and sent into flying into the buildings depths.

It smashed into the back kicking up dust.

We rushed in with that momentary distraction, facing our target…

Something was beeping and flashing on Shinosaki-san’s waist.

“We might be screwed.” I think I heard Hoshi say that.

Seeing what was before me I could help ask myself: Is that really a demon?

“Ay, call for emergency back up…” That sounded serious from Yasagawa-san.

From the corner of my eye Shinoskai-san nodded and pressed a button just below the small red flashing light. It went silent but the light flashing faster.

An angel with black hair, aquamarine eyes and flawless skin, and look at that chest, those milkers, she’s stacked, stood before us. What she was in was modest but from the little you see your imaginations run wild. My chest is beating so fast. No it's not from fear from the dangerous aura coming from her but captivation of this angel like demon.

“Guest…? No, annoying pests.” He sweet voice said in annoyance. And lifted a hand out. “Deal with them…”

So taken my her beauty and the blooming emotions i failed to see anything else around me,

"Rinji snap out of it!" I heard Hoshi's voice and with a hard grip on my shoulder brought me out of my reverie. 

I finally took everything in. A beautiful matured looking girl, a year older or so, looking at us, her eyes cold. Behind her was what was pulsating the light, some sort of construction standing upright. It gave off a technology feeling but the construct was of smooth block dark material which she had been engraving something like runes unto before she faced us. The shape, just a little more would form a complete circle and the pulsating light coming from the middle. Then around her moving around the materials was... what was that? My fantasy acquainted mind is telling Golems. They gave of a dark luster, smooth dolls.

At this point we were already clashing with new golems that popped out from glowing magic circle on the floor when she raised her hand and uttered.

Shinosaki-san was shooting rounds at them. Yasagawa-san moving swiftly dodging and slicing through them. Ro had the glowing orbs around him, his lips didn't stop moving, shooting occasional spells and applying buffs and protection. Hoshi punched smashing them. inyx on the other hand did nothing, just trying to pace with Ro. I'd always asked about her ability but they never answered, rather looking slightly said at the question.

The golems were either dented or just broke apart, sliced but regenerated or came back together.

I didn't stay idle either but there wasn't much i could do. Their blows were heavy even just blocking shock and numbed me. I wasn't strong enough to cut through or do much damage.

Shots, techniques, fists and spells were let lose. Splinters and debris were sent everywhere in the clash.

"Yagawasa sword technique, Third form, Flash strike. Hang in there."

I heard from Yasagawa-san who flashed by and took it's hands and legs to help out before moving to the other golems.

“This things don’t stay down.” Said an agitated Hoshi. “It wouldn’t been great for practice if it wasn’t for being in this situation…”

The golems weren't relenting.

"Ayama, i need to know what that thing behind her is..." I saw Yasagawa-san barge in on Shinosaki's target and sliced through it.

"I got my hands full here..." Shinosaki retorted as she turned her guns to another and fired at it. "... Cover me." She took cover behind a wooden crate. Her grip loosened on her guns and it phased out and disappeared in place a tablet appeared. Blowing on her gum her hands speedily clacked on the screen. Random window popped and fizzed out and diagrams and numbers moving on the screen at speeds.

The sound of fighting continued behind her. Even though they struggled as some had their abiltities fail them intermittently but kept on.

"Kae... I have no idea what that thing is. Never had to deal with Demontech but the amount of magic coming from that thing doesn't give me a good feeling." Reported as she replaced the tablet with her guns.

"Cap't, i don't think we can hang on for long." Came Hoshi's voice.

Immediately their sight was drawn to a golem smashing its large fist into a worn out Rinji who was sent flying and smashed into a scaffold in the back.

"Rinji!!" Someone called out.

0