8 – The Start
604 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Start

 

Now that Alchemy has leveled up I now understand how to make Basic Healing Potions, Basic Antidotes and Minor Basic Mana Potions. He said I'll still get paid to make Basic Healing Potions so I grab some Mana Grass and look for Hipote Herbs for the new potion. I follow the same procedure and make two more before I start to get tired.

 

<Basic Healing Potion

  Excellent

  350 Rans

  (Small Heal +)>

 

I think I'm done for today so I line up the potions on the desk and head out to look for Sam while activating Stealth. The shop isn't open yet so I look around the storage room I was working in and eventually I see a slightly open door.

 

"... she was requested to do Alchemy for the guild so she will be busy for quite a while."

 

I heard as I walked up to the door. It seems it leads outside.

 

"Good. If she really is one of the missing toys then we need to capture her. The lord won't risk exposing your position in the guild to the Guildmaster so you won't have to do anything but please try and smooth things over when she goes missing."

 

Everywhere. Everytime. Bad guys. The shopkeeper doesn't even have a bad guy job so I can't kill him. I can't get a good enough look at the other for Analyze to work but I think he is one. He looks alot like the guys I killed when I escaped.

 

"Will do. Please let me know if the Lord needs me for anything in the meantime. I will continue to siphon guild products as normal"

 

He bows and turns towards the door. I quickly run back to the desk and then head towards the door. I see him close the door and turn around. Him seeing me coming makes him make a weird face but he looks at the distance between us and calms down.

 

"Done. 5 Minor Basic and 2 Basic. Please acknowledge completion." 

 

"A-aah, yes. Let me see them." I lead him to the desk, point at the lined up potions and show him my card. He looks them over quickly and nods.

 

"They are of Average Quality but good enough. Ill…"Lier. Excellent quality."

 

"I told you they are of Average Quality. You will get paid the same so there is no need to trump up the cost."

 

"Nnnn. Well see." I grab one of each of the potions and head into the guild with Stealth on. He chases after me. "You can't take those!" I ignore him and head through the door and then towards reception. It's a little busier but still quiet as the second bell hasn't rung. He follows me out and then yells out.

 

"Thief! She is stealing Guild Property." He goes to point at me but can't find me. "Where?..." The receptionist comes out of a side door to see the problem.

 

"Thief?" I walk in front of him and turn off Stealth. "He's talking about me." The receptionist turns cynical for a moment then back to normal.

 

"And why would he do that?"

 

"I made potions according to the request and when I asked for confirmation he called them Average Quality, I don't know why he lied but he refused to acknowledge it so I came to you for confirmation." I say quietly.

 

"Ok, ok. Let's take this somewhere more private." "Yes I also would like the Guildmaster to be there, there is something important and related to this event." He nods and heads towards Sam who is still standing at the entrance to the shop. 

 

"Let's head up to the meeting room and get this all sorted yeah?" Sam nods and heads towards the stairs in front of the receptionist. I walk next to the receptionist. As we arrive at the second floor he pulls someone aside and whispers to them then we continue walking. Eventually we enter a room with a large table covering most of the room.

 

"Sit down please." We both sat down where he gestured. He sits next to Sam which makes him grin. "Now can I please have both sides of the story?" I stayed silent to let him go first. He tries to do the same but the pressure from the receptionist makes him start.

 

"R-right. I showed her all of the supplies and left her to her work. I then went to get the store ready, once that was done I was in the back of the shop doing inventory when she approached and asked for confirmation. Once I told her they were of Average Quality and the request was completed she called me a liar and took off with two potions." The door opens when he finishes his story and a tall man with short brown hair enters the room and sits at the head of the table with a sour face. 

 

"Guildmaster…" Sam mutters to himself and makes himself small.

 

"And why have I been called here Ranta?" The receptionist goes to say something but I cut him off.

 

"That would be because of me... We have just heard Sam's side of the story where I made Average Quality Potions and then took off, now it is my side of the story…" I told them everything from arriving, making the five potions, making the two better ones and then I went to look for Sam and he was outside talking to someone. I even told them about how they were looking for me. Sam starts looking nervous but I ignore it. When I get to the end of the conversation where Sam said he was siphoning guild supplies I see the guildmasters face twitch but he stays silent. I finish it off with how he lied about my potions and how I have a skill that can tell. After a second of silence the guildmaster speaks.

 

"This is one pretty stupid story." Sam relaxes. "One that makes me furious." Sam smiles. "You implied in the story they were looking for you?"

 

"Yes. I was held captive in a cell but I manage to escape."

 

"Ranta you did a proper Soul Scan upon registration am I correct?"

 

"Yes sir"

 

"I see you killed 2 men, am I right?"

 

"Yes… They killed everyone else in the cells so I thought I had to."

 

"We arrived at that place barely too late it seems. We must have been just behind you. I'm sorry we couldn't save you or the others in the cells." I stay silent. "Now with this case I have been under the idea that someone has been messing with my supplies but he was stupid enough to make it public this time. Come in!" A lady comes in with the Record Reader of Good and Bad and places it in front of the Guildmaster. 

 

"Yui please present the Potions in question." I place them in front of me. The lady walks towards me and then says.

 

"One Minor Basic Healing Potion, Excellent Quality, 250 Rans. One Basic Healing Potion, Excellent Quality, 350 Rans. The same as the ones in the shop." She steps back to the door and waits.

 

"I see. So one of the ways is taking the good potions, swapping with bad ones and taking them to the Lord I assume?" He looks at Sam.

 

"No sir, please, this girl is lying. There is no way those potions are hers! She is lying!"

 

"I see. Yui would you mind proving your skill to the table?"

 

"No sir." The lady once again stands next to me and places down the herbs and mortar along with a one time use Alchemy Paper. "Are you sure I can use this sir?"

 

"You have knowledge of Alchemy Paper it seems. Not many people know of this as it is an almost pointless and expensive item." The guildmaster eyes Sam. "Yes, you may make it."

 

I quickly make the potion in the exact same way.

 

<Minor Basic Healing Potion

  Excellent

  250 Rans

  (Small Heal)>

 

The lady reads off most of what I Analyze and takes the tools and leaves the room.

 

"Yui can you pass me your guildcard please." I hand my card to the Guildmaster, he holds it for a second then hands it back. "I have processed the request as completed and added a little extra for the information. You can leave now."

 

I'm dissatisfied at not getting the full story from him so I leave the room, turn on Stealth and head back inside.

 

Thanks for reading everyone :)

31