20 – Last Words
525 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Probably my favorite chapter to date. I love you guys for reading this. I wouldn't have had the motivation to write this for so long if you guys didn't read it. <3

 

Last Words

 

I leave the small building behind and start following this fellow. I throw a quick Analyze so I can see what his Job is.

 

<Sharlo    22

  Darkness Scout

  Level 31

  S - 22

  D - 40

  E - 12

  M - 10>

 

Wow, I found the second Evil person so quickly also that's the highest I have ever seen a Status before. I take a quick look back to the Captain 

 

<George Frankenson    32

  Knight

  Level 44

  S - 52

  D - 20

  E - 45

  M - 21>

 

Ok. I feel much better now. I am a little worried about myself though. I'm going to have to rely heavily upon my skills if there are several people of that level inside. I do a quick check since I didn't after killing all the bad guys earlier.

 

<Yui     15

  Assassin

  Level 7

  S - 10+5

  D - 20

  E - 9

  M - 18+5>

 

Hmm. I'll have to rely heavily on my skills once the fight starts. I only have 4 Points left and they are supposed to be for emergencies. I’ll keep my Point List open and available during the fight. I found out last night that I can control Point List by thought if I know what I am already doing. It's not like when I first woke up where it can pick the skills for me, I need to know what the skills are first, That should be fine though. If I find myself lacking in an area I can upgrade it a few levels. I will do my best to be frugal with Points.

 

After renewing myself I quickly scribble on a coin with my dagger while walking, wait a little then drop it with a splash of water as we turn a corner.

 

“Darkness Scout is mine. / He dies when he stops.”

 

I check back with Presence Detection and after a while I see the Captain's reaction and it seems he doesn't like it. He can't say anything but he is shaking his head. I guess I can wait.

 

“Fine. I follow him in. / You attack outside. I attack inside.”

 

I drop it at another corner with more water and check back soon after. Neither him nor Talou look happy but Captain gives a small nod. 

 

He is a Darkness Scout. If I take my eyes off him when he is serious about Stealth I could lose him forever. I think if he was actually serious he wouldn't be on such a low-level mission as watching a house so I think once the action starts he is going to try and Stealth it out. I know because that is what I would have done if we got attacked by strong people at the knights place.

 

I'm not giving up on the Quest. I can't miss out on a Job, 2 Skills and 5 Points. I did notice that the Quest did not say to kill them but to get rid of them but I think if I let this one go he could stalk in the Darkness forever. Eventually he would leave but that could seriously mess with the Quest, not to mention I don't know how high his Stealth Skill is. I would have to raise my Presence Detection to 10 if he gets away. That would be the rest of my Points plus 2 more. 

 

I follow him with more power than before, sinking myself into the Stealth Skill. I need to master my skills if I’m going to be able to fight on the same level as these guys. I do something I should have done a long time ago.

 

<Dagger Combat Skill bought, 1 Points spent, 3 Points remaining>

<Dagger Combat Skill upgraded to Level 2, 1 Point spent, 2 Points remaining>

 

I can't be entirely frugal. This is something I was going to do even before I got the Swordsmanship Skill. It's just that there are 2 versions of weapon Skills. The Skill itself then the Arts Skill. I was trying to find information on it but it wasn't even in the Skill book in the guild. I don't have time to bother with information now. I need the power of Skills.

After a few more turns the Scout finally enters an alleyway, I follow him until he looks around, he knocks on a wall then enters. I follow directly behind him leaving the biggest puddle yet. I didn't see what this place was attached to but the Captain will figure it out. I follow him through near pitch black until he enters another room leaving the door wide open, once I step through someone scolds him. 

 

“The hell are you doing here? Barging in and leaving the door wide open? What if you let someone else in?”

 

This room is… odd. It looks almost as nice as the lord's office but everything seems to be worth just a little less than his did. No hidden walls though. I checked.

 

“The hell you pay me for? I wasn't followed.” Good, he didn't realize. I sink further into Stealth while sending Analyze around. I note down all the names in the Notes. “Anyone who could follow me from outside my Detection range would have been lost. Anyone who can fool my Presence Detection is too powerful for any of us to even bother resisting.”

 

“Well you're right but that arrogance of yours will get you killed someday.” Someday soon I bet… “Anyway. It happened?”

 

“Yeah exactly like you thought. Except there wasn't anyone too special. There were a few Knights nearby but they were watching the estate to make sure no one escaped.”

 

“What about the Guildmaster? He left in quite a hurry earlier, Looked panicked from what I heard.” 

 

“Wasn't anywhere near the estate at least.”

 

“Fine. I doubt they would have raided the estate if they knew about us. We should lay low until the guards settle down and then get out of here. I hear they are sending Bounty Hunters and the Church freaks after us.”

 

“Can you afford me for that long?” A Platinum coin appears in the man's hand and he throws it to the Scout. “Alright. Can you at least keep all your money in that bracelet of yours so we can escape when I need to. I'm not pissing about while you grab your shit,”

 

“Don't worry, I'm used to it. I paid 100 Platinum for this bastard. This Item Bracelet has room to fit a house. Second to only Sharsa’s lost Void Bracelet.. I keep everything necessary in it. I only keep all of this pointless shit around the house to maintain the looks a noble has to have.”

 

“Like I give a shit. The second you run out of coins I'm ditching your ass.”

 

“Hahaha! Perfect! Go take a rest. I'll send for you in a couple hours. I still have something I need to talk about with these fellows.”

 

“Whatever.” The Scout leaves so I follow him while remembering the path. I think those guys were the bigshots the Captain was talking about. Got to remember not to kill them. I Analyzed every inch of that room. There is absolutely no way out of there. Once we reach the room I sneak in as quickly as I can and once he starts walking to the bed I rush him with my dagger out, aiming at his heart. Once the dagger makes contact with his skin he spins around with a speed faster than the Captain when he knocked out the Evil Priest. I go to dodge as my Intuition flares up the same instant but I'm too slow, a dagger sinks into my arm. I recoil from the pain. HOLY SHIT!!! OW! WHAT THE FUCK!!! OH NO! FUckkkerr!!! shit… I use all my strength to look up. I see him standing above me with a huge gash going from his back near the heart all the way around to to the front half almost near the heart again. I stumble backwards as he takes a step towards me.

 

“You… You followed me all the way from the start didn't you?” I weakly nod. “Holy shit. Someone better than me.” Blood finally starts to pour out from the gash that surrounds his entire right side but he doesn't move an inch. “I don't know how you got such power, kid but… no matter the good you try to do with those powers, They will always fear you.” Blood flows from his mouth while he is talking. I'm listening but I'm starting to get dizzy myself. “I can tell you aren't good at fighting. Me too… Ugh. Always look over your shoulder… Use your power to Max Detection Skills. All of them. Never fully trust anyone. Never enter a room you're not sure you can escape from and Never Ever trust people in power. They'll use you till you're gone.” I drop to my knees at this point, barely conscious. “When you wake up, Take my Item Bracelet. I left a book in there, It’ll explain everything… Good luck kid… You'll need it…”

*BOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM*

 

I jolt upwards. Pain burns my arm but not as bad as before. I look for the Scout but he is crumpled on the floor in front of me, dead. What the hell was that all about? Giving me advice when he is dying? I see shattered glass on the floor which is slightly damp. Whether he wanted to or not, I'm taking his loot. The Quest said I get their stuff. I quickly scan the place but it's empty apart from his two daggers and his Item Bracelet. I grab those and head out. For some reason my strength is recovering a lot more quickly then I think it should. I quickly Analyze myself and see something new in the Status again just under my Level.

 

Condition - Sarcothelia (Sleep Drug) / Recovering - Potion of Regeneration (Regeneration) / (5m12s/10m)

 

I’ll have to look this up later. If he had a Potion why not use it on himself? Screw him he’s Evil anyway. He is a Bad Guy, He is a Bad Guy, He was a Bad Guy. Yup Definitely A Bad Guy. Definitely A Bad Guy… Bad Guy.

 

I run as fast as I can towards the room with the big shots. I can still sense them in there but they are moving around fast. Two people enter the hallway I'm running down. Once they see me one gets a dagger thrown at their face while the other gets a Water Needle headed towards him. The dagger hits the target perfectly but the other guy dodges the slightly slow Water Needle and steps forwards aiming his fist at me. I already have my hand on my Katana so after a slight pull it rapidly speeds up and ejects from the sheath at full speed. I duck his punch while swinging the Katana at him. After slicing across the right side of him he collapses. I feel bad for him since he doesn't die immediately. After having experienced pain just moments before, I end his life instantly with my dagger to the back of his head to stop his suffering. I collect the thrown dagger and continue running.

 

Eventually I make it to the room only to see there are 5 more presences in the room. I sense more people on the way to the room so once I confirm the big shots' presence are still there I activate Stealth and stand in front of the door waiting to kill whoever comes to help them.

 

P.S. I know I suck at proper English / Grammar. I just need to get these stories out of my head :P

22