31 – Child of the World
410 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Child of the World

 

I woke up in a nice room with only a bed and a side table. I kind of figured out what happened, even though I can't explain it properly, when the tree grabbed hold of me it felt like everything I had been holding back flooded out of me at once. All the pain, all of my feelings that were not what I felt during the Beast unlock earlier were poured out of me. Even though I feel great physically and mentally I am still wary of the elves. If they and their tree are capable of such things I need to be careful. 

 

The door opens and the elder steps through holding a cup of some kind. I equip my katana and aim it towards him. He pauses for a second but still seems to be calm which kind of annoys me.

 

“What did you and your tree do to me?”

 

“Hmmm. I didn’t do anything but the World Tree did embrace you without permission. I guess that could be taken as rude.” He chuckles a little.

 

“This isn't funny Elder, What did it do to me?” I make sure he sees my Katana.

 

“I think you can call it a ‘Mothers Embrace’? Although I’m not sure, that's what I garnered from the experience.”

 

“What is that? Some kind of mental attack? Magic?” I check my Status but see something surprising when it opens.

 

<Visit the World Tree QUEST COMPLETE! Congratulations! Reward granted!>

 

<World Tree’s Grace Acquired>

 

What!? A necklace materializes in my free hand. I didn't know I could get physical rewards from Quest itself. I also noted for some reason I only had -8 Points now. 

 

I hold the Katana with force again. “What is a Mothers Embrace?” He looks sad for a little before he starts to explain how families work. Something about a male and female getting together and making another person, He said he’ll tell me the specifics on that part later, although he denied it was from Creation Magic which was the only thing I could think of, apparently the male and female usually raise the new human together and shower it with love and training. Apparently a Mothers Embrace is the act of the female holding on to the new human and infusing it with love, again he turned me down when I asked if it was a special attack or skill. 

 

We seem to hit a roadblock every time he tries to explain feelings and we end up having to go over all of the feelings. A lot of things start to make sense when he does, although he has trouble putting them into words a lot. I'm not believing him entirely but I am making my own conclusions on things that make sense. 

 

Eventually he introduces me to his wife and he leaves the room. She then explains the process of ‘Making Babies’ and it makes me want to destroy every male genital that exists. Frankly the only thing it looks like to me is an attack. It is making me feel sick and when the wife is about to leave I ask her if that is the only way. She explains to me that when females get together they can do a special way of making babies and she explains it to me. I look satisfied at that but she says that I don't know who I will like yet and who I want to make a baby with yet so I ask her ‘if you want a baby why not just do it with anyone you like?’ She explains the concept of Love to me but says that I won't understand it properly until it happens. It seems dodgy but I let it go for now and will watch for signs. Love sounds dangerous.

 

The elder comes back and guides me to a table and we have lunch. Eventually the wife leaves again and the Elder gives me a history lesson on the Elves. Basically the elves were born from the World Tree and are tasked with keeping it safe. He knows I have Analyze so he skips over biological details but explains their history to me and how they have a deal with all kingdoms in the world that if anyone attacks an elf village basically they make enemies out of the entire world. No questions asked. 

 

He then explains to me about the World Tree. The Tree is in a set of 8 and in the form of a box-like pattern on the planet itself. Its job is to keep balance in the world among a million other things. I didn't really understand everything he said but after Analyzing it I think I understand the importance of it, that's way too much information for it to be just a tree.

 

He also mentioned that what I was communicating with when I touched the World Tree was a spirit called the Grand Spirit of the World Tree. He tried explaining about spirits but anything specific was a bit too hard to understand for now. All I understood was that they are manifestations of nature. They tier up depending on various things mainly Magic and how much of their own nature they soak themselves in, apparently the older they are the more ego they have and the World Tree is the oldest so she is classified as a Grand Spirit.

 

I was also told that he heard from the Grand Spirit of the World Tree itself that I was a ‘Child of the World’. Apparently the only thing they know about ‘Children of the World’ is that the first of each of the races were Children of the World.

 

<Find out who you really are. Extended! Please check the Quest Log for further information.>

 

<Find out who you really are. (Available)

  You have started down the path of finding out your origins.

  If you can believe the Elves and the Spirits then you know how you were made into the world.

  Why were you made? Do you have a purpose? Why were you placed where you were?

  Find your answers and your Path.>

 

Hmmm. I checked my Status and was surprised to see something after looking at the Points List

 

Point List 2 - 4000 Points

 

It went down by 1000 Points. I looked this morning so I know it's true. I’ll take it. If I ever received such a large amount of points like that I would have saved them for that anyway so it is basically the same as giving me 1000 Points. I never really cared about those things so now I have a reason to look. It also must have judged me as a little strong since the Quest extended by itself. I feel a little confident now. Elder seemed to have realized something happened as he didn't bother me while I wasn't thinking and looking.

 

“Sorry about that.”

 

“It's fine. Considering the topic I assume it was a skill that did something once you learned about your origins.”

 

“Something like that.”

 

“Fair enough. Well, our talks have taken up most of the day and it's never good to try to learn too much information all at once so you should head back today.”

 

“Nn. Thank you Elder.”

 

“It's fine. You should spend some time moving around and I’ll see you in a few days.”

 

I agreed with him and left. I walked back instead of flying as I still wanted to think.

 

I still don't really understand this Mothers Embrace but I think it was something good. It brought a lot of relief with it. I feel so amazing right now. My head feels less cloudy and it is easier to focus. I'm looking forward to doing some hunting tomorrow.

 

A short infodump chapter. Ill be back to full force chapters tomorrow. Thanks for reading <3

20