Ch. 1 – System Administrator
941 8 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So it happened." Having finally gotten over her five stages of grief to finally accept that it happened... that Lena is now a System Administrator for another world. Another world named 'Gaia', a land filled with fantasy like elements taken from fictional stories. From dragons, elves, dwarves, and so on, those races that scream medieval setting.

You could see the kingdom's, town's, and villages that scatter this land. Aside from them are other races with each of their own settings. "Ha~." Sighing one last time for good measure, Lena mentally slaps herself awake.

"Let's look on the bright side now I am a Goddess... sort of." Taking a look at her status she finds a new page called [Help] opening that tab a VHS video starts to play automatically.

 

< How to be a System for Dummies! >

"Now you have just been selected as our newest SA also known as System Administrator to oversee and expand into new worlds! Great!"

"But now that you have the position, what do you do? Well, it's my job to teach you all about the things you can do! So pay attention!"

Here are a few tips on Survival!

#1 - You are our new SA and as such you are currently weak. With your meager amount of power, you might as well be subjected to be consumed by others or forced to be their subject of research. So know that you are not all powerful and still capable of dying.

So how do you get stronger, to be capable of defending oneself?

#2 - As a SA you have a status that records your progress and how well you are doing being: System Version, System Users, System Points.

< System Version >
Looking at your status can help you know what you have and what you don't. System Version is quite simple, it shows how advanced you are as a system. The reason why we have newly created SA on new worlds is because they are the most adaptable to the world rules.

To give you an example it's like trying to import a well-made coding from Java into C++ you cannot, it's just difficult and tedious. It's much simpler to create a new one from scratch than to patch and change an existing SA. Your System Version is the way of documenting your growth.

< System Users >
As a system administrator, your goal is to have every sentient being become our users. We do not discriminate on good/evil, races, etc. Even gods and demons are free to become our users. Be noted, you have a limited amount of users until you upgrade your system version.

In short, we want you to have the whole world become our users, but don't forget we are a quality product there are some users that will not be accepting of who we are.

< System Points >
This is a way to track your achievements and how much power you have. Using points, you can purchase new features or create new classes and such. There is an unlimited way to using system points, so they are incredibly useful.

< Reaching Certain Milestones >
For each milestone you reach, the amount of users, features, etc. will become unlocked, allowing you to expand evermore. Remember we must have a well created product (system) therefore growth and strength is dependent on how well you can help yourself.

 

"Now please look at your status, our new SA."

***
< Lena the System Administrator of world [Gaia] >

System Version: [0.1]
System Users: [0 / 10]
System Points: [0]

User Features: {Stats} {Attributes} {Skills}
Lena's Features: {Message} {Shop}

Milestones:
1 - Reach 10 Users
2 - Gain 10 System Points
3 - Upgrade System Version
4 - Add a new Feature

***

#3 - For more detailed explanation on the limitations of your system, read more about it under [Help] {System Limits}

#4 - Good Luck and Have Fun!

 

"... a VHS tape? How old is this system?" Closing the video, I glance through the [Help] section, reading up to get a basic and better understanding of the tasks I must do.

So milestones is not my task, but a mini-goal to help me to reward me for doing a good job as a system administrator. I have no main task aside from spread and expand so that almost everyone uses my system and then administrate this world. I saw a few clips of other systems and their failures, which was scary.

Some went to crazy like 'Lewd System' and got destroyed by the gods as they were seen as evil. Other SA tried to hide only to be eaten after by some other demons, some SA's were captured and forced to be used to the user's benefit. In other words they failed to become a good product and were destroyed by their user's funnily enough.

I did see one example of the system itself taking out one lazy SA who refused to do his assigned job and took him out under the pretext of him being a bug and glitch that only hurts the system. Of course the system did say to me that if I did my job well and if I grow strong enough to automate myself then I can go on a vacation to do other things for a change.

 

"So I can be any system? What system do I want to be?" I loved playing RTS games to grow my kingdom from scratch and head towards a future of ingenuity, peace, and wonders. A future of innovation with amazing buildings, awesome huge projects that bring amazement, but I also liked to have wars and fight to destroy and start a new.

So to put this in short. I am in a fantasy world as a weak SA and I need to make myself stronger so that I won't be consumed by other beings or captured to be used like lab rats. At first, I thought choosing someone powerful like from the demons or the elves would be best, but after thinking it through that is a really dumb idea.

Demons and elves have a long-lasting life and are already strong enough, what I need is users who can farm me points fast as time is against me and the faster and stronger I grow the safer I can be. Not only are humans the fastest growing, but they also have the shortest life of the type of 'sentient' beings they fall into.

If I choose other races, I will probably be forced to wait for years and years until I get my investment back. I have no points right now, but I can choose ten users for now. 

"Okay, let's look for our first users!"

33