Ch. 4 – Is this the power of the System?
722 5 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-17 

A bright white number shown over the skeleton's head. Taking another look, he found that the skeleton had lost a small chunk of its health. 

💀 ⌈Skeleton⌋ {Lv. 1}
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Swinging his sword downward onto the skeleton's head, a brighter red number shot out over the skeleton's head before vanishing with an added word to the number.

*Crack

Crit* -32

💀 ⌈Skeleton⌋ {Lv. 1}
▀▀▀▀▆▀▆▆▀▆▀▀▀▀▀

The health bar shook before the health lowered to the skeleton's current hp.

💀 ⌈Skeleton⌋ {Lv. 1}
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Striking again once more he smashes the skeleton, killing it.

Slain 💀 ⌈Skeleton⌋ {Lv. 1} gained 7 xp
Drops:
⌈Bronze Coin x1⌋ ⌈Bone Shard x1⌋

A bronze coin along with a skeleton bone shard dropped after defeating the skeleton in the dungeon. "This..." The man couldn't speak with how amazed he was about the skeleton drops. It has long been proved for thousands of years that dungeons do not drop anything asides from the dungeon chests that are within the dungeon itself.

For thousands of years, dungeons have operated where they create desirable treasures chests with amazing loot. And it has long been the trend to have a strong scout with the team to avoid as many monsters as possible, as they only caused danger with no real benefit besides a deadly training partner.

Long have been dungeons seen as a place for people to die in. Only few adventurers who have climbed to S rank gained lucky encounters in their dungeons to grow to where they are currently. Dungeons are seen as this sort of dangerous place to collect materials, and there have been stories of adventurers striking it rich by gaining a treasure chest in their encounter.

 

Coal Ralso couldn't help but touch the coin all over, it's a real bronze coin! "How rich I can get with this!" Thinking of all the wonderful things he could buy with this amount of money made him so happy to take a chance with the unknown being that called itself system. If I kill nine more skeletons, I can get a decent meal I would usually get once a week in a day.

Looking over to the skeleton bone shard, he picks it up with a wary. The skeleton has already turned to particles, disappearing as the mana returned into the dungeon to be recycled. "This also dropped..." Picking it up he felt it was somewhat light and sturdy, squeezing it, the bone didn't break like it would usually do.

I usually train my sword skills by fighting skeletons, not only are they slow to attack and move, they are also loud. No newbie has ever died to a skeleton unless they were cornered, but by then you have already messed up. In this dungeon, there is no more than one or two skeletons you have to fight at the same time.

I usually kill about 30 skeletons to search this dungeon for its treasure chest. It's rare, but the items from this small dungeon are decent for my way of living. I tried to get {D} rank adventurer, but I failed the exam, now with this I can finally get some good gear!

 

Coal Ralso went deeper into the dungeon with a slight smile on his face, a rare emotion. As he kept killing the skeletons, he gained more experience and felt it was energizing him somehow.

Slain 💀 ⌈Skeleton⌋ {Lv. 1} gained 7 xp
Drops:
⌈Bone Shard x1⌋

"So the drops are random? I sometimes get coins, bone shard, both, or none. And the amount of them also changes, to the highest being 2 bone shards at once." A little while later he killed another skeleton it shattered into particles and the last of his experience bar maxed out levelling him up.

Leveled Up!

 

A flow of energy wrapped around him in a warm, comforting hug, then slowly dissipating into miniscule particles that vanished into the air. "This feels so wonderful." Coal was surprised with how comforting it felt like to be covered in energy, seeing the new update he thought of status opening his stats.

  Name: Coal Ralso HP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Tier ➢ 0
  Class: Swordsman MP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Lv. 14
  Job: Adventurer SP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ XP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
STR 11 (+1) END 13 (+1) AGI 18 (+1) INT 9
VIT 8 (+1) CON 12 (+1) DEX 19 WIS 8

I don't really understand how my attribute stats are adjusted, but every level I gain I get a total of five new attribute points. I can also gain these attribute points through training without needing to level up. After running for some time I gained more endurance, same with attacking I gained more strength.

"My skills never leveled up, although?" Coal had a few skills of his own that he often used, playing with the options he could have it show every possible skill, but there were so many that were at either level zero or one that it just didn't show any reason to have them shown. Adjusting it so his most active skills are shown.

⌈Pickpocket⌋ Lv. 6 ⌈Strike⌋ Lv. 3 ⌈Calculate⌋ Lv. 4
⌈Stealth⌋ Lv. 2 ⌈Run⌋ Lv. 5 ⌈Haggle⌋ Lv. 5

"Oh well, I can think more about this, but this god sure is... different." Coal with a wide smile upon his face was finally able to go to the bar for a second time this week for the first time of his life. 

 

While Coal was walking around in the city back from his dungeon visit, Lena had achieved her first milestone!

REACHED MILESTONE!!!
{#1 Milestone Complete!}
Rewarded: [Upgrade] Function Now Available!***

"What is this?" Seeing a reward for completing the milestone, Lena opened the message, taking another look at it. "Upgrade function? Let's see it says here that."

< Now that you have completed the very first step of becoming a System Administrator, you have unlocked the option to upgrade yourself! Now you must be wondering what does this function do? I can explain to you in a quick and easy way to understand! Simply put, you increase that System Version Number up! >

< Yes, you can finally make yourself a better System! And it is not without benefits, there are many great things that upgrading will give you. You can increase the maximum amount of users, add new features, increase connectivity, and your domain will expand. >

< I will show you a tutorial on how to upgrade yourself. Remember, as this is your first time, it will be free of cost. >

After I read the message and selected on the arrow button to move on, an old pop-up with small explanation was shown over my status page. 

 

< First click the [Upgrade] function! > Following along, I click it. < Next it will show you this window, and once you have enough points you can upgrade your System Version. >

Current Ver. [0.1] Next Ver. [0.2]
Points Needed to Upgrade System Upgrade Includes
〈10 Points〉

[Upgrade]

- Max User Cap 10 ➢ 25
- Added 'Equipment' Tab
- Added 'Create Quests' Function for System Administrator

"Well, I don't have enough points..."

+5 Points! (Achievement: First user to level up!)

"I take that back, I will upgrade immediately right now!" Selecting the button, I see that my system started to implement those new functions simultaneously across all my users. 

 

I could write another chapter as I finally finished my 15-20 page course project. I only have one more week before I am done with college, ;O then I can up the amount of chapters per week to about 4 is my current goal.

31