Ch. 5 – Upgrades
655 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<<< Analyzing System... >>>

<<< Upgrade Requirements Met... >>>

<<< Upgrading System... 24%... 41%... 59%... 67%... 89%... 91%... 99%... ... ... >>>

 

<<< Congrats! Completed System Update to Version [0.2] >>>

 

Just as Lena was about to check her status, two milestones that were achieved rewarded her with two new features.

REACHED MILESTONE!!!
{#2 Milestone Complete!} (Gain 10 System Points)
Rewarded: [Siv]
 
REACHED MILESTONE!!!
{#3 Milestone Complete!} (Upgrade System Version)
Rewarded: [Seed]
 
"Siv? Seed? What are these?" Seeing no way to see what they were from the milestone notification, Lena opens her status, checking what changed inside her.
 
***
< Lena System Administrator of world [Gaia] >

System Version ➢ [0.2]
System Users ➢ [10 / 25]
System Points ➢ [0]
<Upgrade System>

User Features
[Stats] [Attribute] [Skill] [Equipment*]

Lena Features
[Message] [Shop] [Quest*] [Siv*] [Seed*]

Milestones
4 - Add a new Feature
5 - ???
***

"So, user limit increase by 15, four new features, and lastly there is a hidden milestone for number five." Clicking on the new features the system explained each of the features.

< Equipment - is the items and objects the user has 'equipped'. To the user they will see the equipment's: Name, Description, Effects, Durability, Rarity, and Type. >

< Quest - is a way to strength the users. Name, Description, Difficulty, Time-Limit, Type, Rating, and Reward. Invalid Quests will not be sent out. >

< Siv - the ancient word of construct, to build. Siv is the basic power that all System Administrators have, to interact with their world. >

< Seed - is the Will, Core, and Soul. Seeds can look like anything, they contain the concept of the user itself. One person may have a massive ice castle, another could be a normal book. Seed comes in varying concepts. >

 

"This is a lot to digest... I'll use these later, first I will focus back on my first objective. My first goal was to complete each milestone, but I thought I would also get #4? Did I not add a new feature? Or was that feature given to me from the system, so it didn't count?" Rubbing my head, I decided to watch my users' reaction first and decided from there.

After all, I shouldn't be updating too frequently, otherwise people wouldn't be able to adapt like my first ten users. They just barely had my system for less than three days and yet there is already an update. Now that I am connected to my users I don't have to physically be there, I can watch them from the system itself. Turning my eyes I watch Fia Alkaolno knight of the silver moon, a female knight training on the field.

 

Knights of the Silver Moon, a special group made up of only females. They came into being to become personal protectors of the forest for millenniums, thousands of years ago these humans who in the past were extremely weak had accepted to work with the ancient forest protectors.

 These ancient forest protectors were all children of the Silver Moon, where Everich is located is near that sacred grounds. The key to that special bubble location has been locked away during the devastating war of Gods. In the past, each female was assigned to a certain animal and would learn that animal's characteristics, and fighting style.

Each knight is named to the animal they are most characteristic of, such as The Boar Knight, The Fox Knight, etc. Ever since the devastating world changing war, the presence of Gods diminished to a very low point where they could only speak with their followers. The world has declined in energy, resulting in less and less powerful people.

In the Kingdom of Everich each nobility is named after an animal, the Royal Family is the House of Bear. As the king of forests, the bear is the symbol of strength seen inside the kingdom of Everich. At first, I didn't know that they had such a history, only seeing depictions of animals on each crest, thinking nothing deep about the symbolism.

As the House of Bear, each member has a special body construct that allows them to have the special characteristics of the bears. Bears are known for having high intelligence and family connection with one another. Next is the four Duke/Duchess: House of Deer, House of Hare, House of Boar, House of Fox.

After the next nobility rankings they aren't strong enough to earn the House name therefore being called: Snake Family, Monkey Family, Bird Family, Squirrel Family, Hedgehog Family, and so on. Those who do not have the blessings of animals are just called by their ranking and last name.

 

Fia Alkaolno is from the Baron Alkaolno Family, a newly risen family that has shown their skill to King Ursa. Promoted from commoners to a nobility they proved they are skilled, it is extremely rare to rise from commoner status to a noble. Most people who are skilled commoners would join higher ranked nobility than to start from scratch.

Her father Vialt Alkaolno is a master of swordsmanship, a common long sword is all he needs to show his strength. He taught his daughter all the knowledge he learned over the forty years of experience. It was surprising that she would accept the system, as most people have thought it through or speculated before choosing.

Yet Fia had accepted almost immediately that I have to suspect that she is some sort of reincarnation or something. 

 

=== Fia Alkaolno POV ===

When I first reincarnated to this world, I was extremely happy. Wishing to become some sort of heroine to be wedded with a handsome prince. I childishly believed that being reincarnated, that it gave a pathway for me to become a heroine. What an immature dream.

I had convinced my father to send me to the school where the noble are at. With his standing as a baron, he was allowed to send his children to the Royal School of Everich. I worked hard at trying to connect with those princes by 'coincidently' meeting them. And it wasn't until that one of them had shoved me with a look showing disgust and annoyance that I understood I was just fantasizing about my dreams.

After graduating, I found that no one really cared for me, so I headed back to father to become a knight instead of a lady-in waiting. I no longer held onto the fantasy of being in a loving relationship. I joined the Silver Moon, a group of knights for females, the male knight group is called the Golden Sun.

Training with the long sword I was just decent at it not powerful or strong as my father and I would always reflect and wonder if I choose the wrong path. It was not until I got the message that saved my life.

 

{System has invited you to become a User}
[Accept / Decline]

 

Accepting it, I found that my goal to become a knight was reachable. It is as if the system helped smooth my journey to the goal, only requiring me to do the hard work to reach it.

 

SKILL ⌈Sword Arts⌋ Lv. 6 ➢ Lv. 7!

I finally leveled up! I am now a professional! Fia smiled upon reaching the new level.

NEW SKILL *⌈Lunar Slash⌋ Lv. 1 UNLOCKED!

  Name: Fia Alkaolno HP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Tier ➢ 0
  Class: Swordswoman MP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Lv. 26
  Job: Knight SP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ XP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
STR 27 END 30 AGI 34 INT 26
VIT 22 CON 24 DEX 25 WIS 37
⌈Sword Arts⌋ Lv. 7 *⌈Lunar Slash⌋ Lv. 1 ⌈Battle Sense⌋ Lv. 3

There laid Fia on the dirt training ground, exhausted from another day of hard training. Vialt seeing the scene smiled walking up to his daughter sitting next to her before looking at the afternoon sky.

32