Ch. 8 – Spreading Word of a New God
642 7 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey what's that new sword on your back there Coal?" A burly man wrapped his arm around Coal's shoulder drunkenly laughing at the table.

"Oh, this, I got it from my God." The burly man was surprised how Coal a nobody would get chosen by a God. The chances of being chosen is very small but at the same time it isn't unreasonable, after all many previous Gods have also given their blessings to random people with no origin and after thousands of years of learning the Kingdom of Everich finally understood that all to become a long-lasting prosperous kingdom they have to have good care for their citizens.

Even for the slum residents and although they are the worst place it is not unlivable in fact people can live there just fine and the nobles are also generally likable akin to today's standards of celebrities that the normal citizens would not meet. 

 

*Pfft! Spewing beer onto Coal's face, the burly man with a shocked expression sobers up as if he was never drunk. "Yo, you never told me that you gained a patronage? So who is it?" Staring at Coal's face, he was angry from the beer on his face, wiping it down with a towel given by the waitress.

"Is it? God of Adventure Apailvteop, God of Persistence Kalsnvmoum, or perhaps... Goddess of Bounty Jivatiolsnmo?"

"No, it's none of those. It's a new god, the God of System."

"God of System? What is that?" The burly man was thinking what the word System meant, after all, each God has gained their title because that is their concept.

"You wouldn't understand, it is something only I can see."

*Pfft! Another spew of beer landed onto Coal's face once again. He stared at his friend with eyes that would kill. "I just got an invitation to join from your God."

Coal was genuinely surprised after all Gods are known to give their power to one person and maybe a group but to give power to two people in a short time is not how a God acted like. Coal was seriously doubting his beliefs taught from a young age from the local priests at churches.

 

The waitress smilingly wiped off the beer before leaving them once again wondering why they liked spitting in each other's faces. 

"Did you really get an invitation from my God?" Coal doubting his best friend if he was pulling his leg or not.

"Yes... do I accept? I want to receive a blessing from another God."

"When will you ever get a blessing from another God? Just accept this one!" Coal was ultimately happy for his friend that he was able to get a blessing from the same God. At first, he was only desperate, but now with the new sword and stack of bronze coins, he no longer had to risk his life for treasure chests.

His friend thinking it over for a few seconds before decided that Coal was right, when would he ever be found by those God's accepting the System's invitation.

As he selected yes, he felt a sound inside his head.

CONNECTING WITH SYSTEM

ASSIMILATING 33%... 47%... 51%... 69%... 84%... 99%... ... ... 100%! COMPLETED ASSIMILATION

PLEASE THINK OF 'STATUS'

 

  Name: Joln Novln HP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Tier ➢ 0
  Class: Berserker MP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ Lv. 37
  Job: Gladiator SP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ XP ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
STR 27 END 30 AGI 34 INT 26
VIT 22 CON 24 DEX 25 WIS 37
⌈Battle Arts⌋ Lv. 6 ⌈Enrage⌋ Lv. 3 ⌈Bloodlust⌋ Lv. 4
[Duel Wielding] Lv. 3 [Split] Lv. 2  
{Ursatvat Axe} x2 {Ursatvat Charm} {Badge of Honor}

"What is this!" Amazed, Joln stared at this status showing information about himself. "Coal can you see this?"

"No? I don't see anything." Shaking his head, Coal felt reassured that he and his friend couldn't see each other status. It would be awkward should his info be spread to others, even to his friend.

"Then I suppose that only I can see my own status."

"Let's go to the Caltovortta Dungeon Joln." Coal set down his beer mug, leaving the coins on the table.

"What for? Aren't you still {E} rank, unless... did you rank up?"

 

To protect their adventurer's the guild created a testing environment where you get access to certain dungeon floors based on your ranking. {F} Rank adventurer's can only go on the first floor and once they think they are ready they pay 10 bronze coins to take a test if they fail they have to wait a year, if they pass they rank up.

This process repeats until you reach a level that can no longer be tested for that is {A} rankers, and {S} rankers those people got their rank from achieving great feats, and it isn't only on strength alone. The Adventurer's Guild has ranked each dungeon floor of all the reachable one with their scout's.

Scouts are vital to the team, in fact it is an unreplaceable member of teams who are going in blind without any knowledge of the floor. Just by having a Scout on the team can you reduce the death percentage of dungeon expeditions have been reduced by 70% when having a Scout on the team.

Scouts are seen as a glorious job. One that many children wish to become, and each time a dungeon is reset the Scout enter and map out the new floor with a highly trained team: 1 Cartographer, 1 Healer, 1 Knight, 1 Scout. A team of four is standard in the kingdom of Everich.

 

The Official Adventurer's Guild Ranking of the Caltovortta Dungeon

FLOOR 1 - (Slime, Giant Slime) Requirement = {F} Rank
FLOOR 2 - (Skeleton, Giant Skeleton) Requirement = {E} Rank
FLOOR 3 - (Fire Salamander, Magma Wurm, Giant Magma Wurm) Requirements = {D}, {C} Rank
FLOOR 4 - (Magma Rock Golem, Magma Rock Scorpion, Magma Giant Rock Turtle) Requirements = {B} Rank
FLOOR 5 - (Fire Spirit, Flame of Wrath, Fire Wraiths, Giant Fire Spirit) Requirements = {A} Rank

"I did rank up Joln, but I also want to show you something really cool." Coal stood up having finished his beer and food, Joln seeing he is adamant gulped the last of his beer before following him out the diner.

"What does that sword do?" Joln asks after finding no one near them to overhear their conversation, after all, items given by your sponsor is a sensitive topic. And it being early in the morning where the sun is still not out, walking to the dungeon they show their adventurer badge to the guard outside the dungeon entrance. The guard scanned the badge onto the orb before letting them enter.

"Here, grab it, and you will find out." Coal handing over his hard-earned sword to let Joln carry and see it. He knew even if it was tempting he wouldn't take it, after all Joln is an axe guy not a swordsman.

 

⌈Bone Chilling Sword⌋ {Rare}
(A sword containing the pure aura of 50 skeletons)

Requirements: 15 STR, 25 AGI
- Attack Power +30
- Durability 40 / 40

Abilities:
- [Frost Blade] {Passive} - Attacks release cold aura

"Wow... this is amazing, so this is what the God of System can do?" Joln was so amazed looking at the sword, feeling the coolness in his hands, before being taken out of that state when Coal took back the sword.

"See, God gave me this challenge, I was rewarded with this!" Coal gloating in happiness now took his friend on a journey teaching everything he learned inside the dungeon about the amazing thing called drops and how to get rich quick.

31