Ch. 16 – Arcane Academy (3)
469 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The old man looked like an elder wizard, one who would stay in his tower researching for years. He had a long white beard, wrinkly face, and long robes. The old man had a warm and comfortable aura around him, all the teachers had relaxed their faces when they found him. You could feel a sense of safety and happiness when you were around the principal.

"I see that everyone has made it safely here, wonderful." Nodding his head, he exhaled softly. Most of the years, complications would always arise. Such as secret organizations attempting to infiltrate, trying to pull something. Or how some students were attacked on their way here. It made his day that none of that happened this year.

It soon became a habit of the old man to come greet the special students every year. He became a deterrent for any groups thinking of doing something. The younger generation has no idea of how powerful this old man is. Despite looking simple and a golly old happy man to others, he is known as the walking disaster.

Famous evil groups have felled to his magical prowess, summoning massive meteors to wipe out bases, flooding underground caverns with a tidal wave, destroying demonic troops with a powerful tornado. There isn't any destruction magic that this old man doesn't know. He became such a problem that all groups decided that if they were to move, it would be after this annoying old man has passed away.

The old man kindly looked at all the teachers under him, seeing those students fine with no problem made him super happy. Before in his time the teacher and student were to make it to the Arcane Academy themselves, a journey of teaching and learning. But this caused many problems to the students and pulled the Academy into a downfall.

The Arcane Council, a body made up of students, have decided to make a transportation device to bring the students safely into the academy. Through years of research, they have created the first non-living magically powered transportation machine, the magic train. A spectacle many are unable to see, becoming one of the most famous inventions created by humans.

*Choo

A shrill sound rang in the sky. Everyone looked towards the loud sound and found a beautiful, massive machine flying through the sky. The train started to screech, coming to a stop midair, floating way up high away from the ground. 

"How are we supposed to board this?" Leo, confused, asked Ms. Vivian.

"Just wait and see." Hearing no answer, he looks at the massive train in the air.

*Pfft

With another shrill sound, the train came to a full halt. The doors glowed white, it looked like it was in a grid rectangle pattern. The door broke up with each rectangle piece flying off, these flying metal became the steps for the magic train flying into place from the train down to the people standing on the floor.

"Woah." Leo gasped.

"Pretty sight right?" Ms. Vivian grinned, seeing Leo shocked.

The old man turned back to watch the group of students and teachers. With a snap of his fingers, twenty-five things flew with a high speed onto each student's chest. Leo felt something sticking onto his left chest, looking down at it, it was a badge, the symbol of the Arcane Academy. 

The symbol showed a towering shield, a closed book, a long-bow, a sword, and a staff holding a gem. This pays tribute to five legendary saviors of humanity, each with their own weapon of choice. Each of them long passed away after the Golden Age, Great Tower Barlyon, the shield legend. Great Library Nostalmos, the all-knowing. Great Archer Siltalvati, the rain of stars. Great Blade Gorgoalyn, the shredder. Great Caster Holfotoyoln, the master of elements.

Each of them, a different race who all have helped humanity out. Barlyon the giant, Nostalmos the gnome, Siltalvati the elf, Gorgoalyn the dwarf, and Holfotoyoln the human. This is the Age of Serenity, where the thousand-year strife against the other races have ended, within these twenty-five students are races that humanity currently has a truce with.

The vampire princess Scarlet, demon prince Asnollaom, dragon-kin Ostorllo. These are the three that stand out, being the first of their race to attend this academy. It was only when they learned how weak they were to humans that they bit their pride and sent a truce while having their successors attend here.

The principal was happy, they decided to finally set down their pride. He didn't care about their differences, only hoping to teach them that all humans are not the same, and they would continue this truce and peace far into the future. They made some amends to make sure that they were safe.

Those races who came here for the first time, to make them feel safer they opened a special hiring. A well-dressed, tall, thin man followed the princess. He had a pale face, dressing classy, with the scent of blood emitting from him. Following the demon prince Asnollaom, is a maid the only special feature was her red skin and horns. The dragon-kin Ostorllo in his human form had golden scales covering his body, following him was a mysterious person covered in long robes. You were only able to see golden dragon eyes from within that dark robe.

Only people of these races would attend the Arcane Academy. Not any other academies or school within the human kingdom, this place is meant for learning. It holds no discrimination that you would find in other places like Academy Metanoia, or the Royal School. To attend to this place is a prestige that even if you fail there will be many places wanting to hire you. Being accepted shows just how talented you are.

The old man stood to the side of the stairs. "Please board the train." He said with a large welcoming smile.

17